What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears to take manly licence ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good point. And what these reckless dudes are advocating not one but zero top flight rugby league clubs in this highly populated area. It should be a minimum of two NRL clubs! Central Coast Bears with strong links to North Sydney and Manly Warringah in a refurbished/upgraded Brookvale. Otherwise rugby league will continue to decline in this region.

Only two? How will RL ever prosper with only two top flight clubs covering such a vast region? If we are going to fend off the 16 AFL and 5 super rugby clubs planned for the North shore we must be adding more NRL teams or implosion is certain!

Stallion

First Grade
Only two? How will RL ever prosper with only two top flight clubs covering such a vast region? If we are going to fend off the 16 AFL and 5 super rugby clubs planned for the North shore we must be adding more NRL teams or implosion is certain!

You have once again confirmed you don't get it!

Perth Red

Post Whore
And you've confirmed once again what everyone on here thinks of you.

On one hand you say RL is losing out to AFL and union, well afl and union don't have top tier teams anywhere in NS or North Shore of Sydney. Then you say NRL must have teams in these regions to fight off these other codes. So which is it> Must have a top tier team or don't need to have a top tier team? It cant be both! If other codes can get a significant presence without top tier teams then why cant RL?

Stallion

First Grade
And you've confirmed once again what everyone on here thinks of you.

On one hand you say RL is losing out to AFL and union, well afl and union don't have top tier teams anywhere in NS or North Shore of Sydney. Then you say NRL must have teams in these regions to fight off these other codes. So which is it> Must have a top tier team or don't need to have a top tier team? It cant be both! If other codes can get a significant presence without top tier teams then why cant RL?

Lol. You are a poor judge! Rugby league is top dog in Sydney because of these time enduring and widespread known clubs. You just have refused (although you did relent 5months ago-now backflipped) to accept/understand the significance of a top flight club in a very competitive market place.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Good point. And what these reckless dudes are advocating not one but zero top flight rugby league clubs in this highly populated area. It should be a minimum of two NRL clubs! Central Coast Bears with strong links to North Sydney and Manly Warringah in a refurbished/upgraded Brookvale. Otherwise rugby league will continue to decline in this region.
I agree! But there should be more! Bring back Glebe! Annandale! Cumberland! University! Newtown!

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
After the Bears were farj=ked out of their NRL License all those years ago I don't think anyone would begrudge them from having their license being re-instated!............

mave

Coach
After the Bears were farj=ked out of their NRL License all those years ago I don't think anyone would begrudge them from having their license being re-instated!............

The Bears really were the masters of self-fkery.

And Flo is an ambulance chaser.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

Central Coast is not in North Sydney and Brooky is not getting renovated

AJB1102

First Grade
How many merkins under 25 would know who the Bears were?

I got 2 mates in their mid-30s who went for 'em as kids but they're Raiders and Tigers fans now. My uncle in his 60's was a big Norths fan, has a bunch of old memorabilia in his man cave. Doesn't really have a team but doesn't miss a game on telly and gets to a few Broncos games since living up there.

Anecdotal enough? I think so. Conclusion: merkins move on, Stallion should too.

Stallion

First Grade
How many merkins under 25 would know who the Bears were?

I got 2 mates in their mid-30s who went for 'em as kids but they're Raiders and Tigers fans now. My uncle in his 60's was a big Norths fan, has a bunch of old memorabilia in his man cave. Doesn't really have a team but doesn't miss a game on telly and gets to a few Broncos games since living up there.

Anecdotal enough? I think so. Conclusion: merkins move on, Stallion should too.

Not really. For every one you have factored as "don't care " Others do care or have left the code for others. But your type don't count these people. Or the lost opportunity gained from the cultural and historical significance that gets cast aside when a perfectly valid and popular club is not about due to a flawed agreement.

Last edited:

Latest posts