What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau bombshell: we'll flog Dragons

R2Coupe

Juniors
The reporter who wrote this story has subsequently issued an apology to Beau Ryan (by text message of course). The report did not reflect the discussion with Ryan and his comments were taken out of context. Ryan did say he would never say anything like that about the Dragons and mentioned the Dragons had been the best team in the comp.

I'm glad of this because if the comments were true, they did demonstrate a lack of respect to the Dragons. While I don't support the Dragons, I do respect their performances over the last two years.

Last edited:

morris_magic

Juniors
the guy is an idiot with no disipline, saw him on the paper the other day putting the finger up at the camera, i just hope the dragons will shut his mouth on saturday

I'm getting a little nervous.......it certainly promises to be a match of contrasting styles, and I have to admit the Tigers probably have the attacking weapons and structure to take advantage of being close to our line.....they are playing some good football atm so I've got no doubt we are gonna be tested, but their defence is frail, only question is can we mount enough pressure to take advantage? I can't say I'm not concerned its not gonna be our day :x

I know so many Tigers supporters and its damn harrowing......I hope its not 2005 all over again. The Tigers fans I do know are very very confident, I'm surprised they are so confident actually, they must smell 2005 all over again...

But surely its our time to beat them and send them packing this time...if there is any justice!!!

Ha ha...guess it was.....I'm meaning to say I am concerned they have the attack and strategy to expose us, and that we just won't be able to score the points to match them.....it remains my major worry with this game. If we can hold the ball and dominate in the forwards though I think we have their measure...

On the flip side, I feel that Gaz is about to bubble and be our x-factor during this Finals Series....

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
The tigers players are all over the media this week talking themselves up and trying to put pressure on the Dragons. Its a wonder that they even have any time to train.

The Dragons on the other hand seem to be focused on the game and have been very quiet this week.

Anyone think this strategy will backfire for the Tigers?

macnaz

Staff member
I know what you mean mate.
Given the Costigan thing the other day "We will run over the top of them" as a headline when in the article the exact phrasing was exceptionally different..
More evidence of media bs was a story run by 3 media outlets.
1st telecrap quotes Todd Payten saying Gareth Eliis is the best player he has played with . 2nd NRL , exact same story but was Bryce Gibbs quoted as saying it . 3rd site ABC quoted none other that TODD GIBBS as saying it lol..

Because one side is the Dragons and the other side isn't.

Were the Dragons averaging 30+ points per game, they'd be getting ridiculed for being defensively suspect lairs, and if the Tigers were keeping opponents to 10 points per game they'd be trumpeted as hard working, salt of the earth, old school.

Its why if the Dragons win this week it will be perfunctorily reported as a ho-hum win by the press and derided by much of the RL world (regardless of how its won)... It'll be - "So they should have won, they're were minor premiers."

If the Tigers win (regardless of how they win), it'll be a awesome David vs Goliath triumph that'll live on in RL folklore for the ages.

Its just the way it is.

Just as there's never a shortage of punters wanting to declare the Dragons structurally suspect and vulnerable at any given time in a season, but if they happen to get beaten in a final then they're upped to being a super side that choked-up to lose the unloseable.

Holy persecution complex Batman! If you win it will because you scored more points, if you lose it will because you haven't. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Dragon

Coach
1st telecrap quotes Todd Payten saying Gareth Eliis is the best player he has played with . 2nd NRL , exact same story but was Bryce Gibbs quoted as saying it . 3rd site ABC quoted none other that TODD GIBBS as saying it lol..

Ahh good ol' Toddy Gibbs. Tibbsy i think they call him

RedVDave

First Grade

Is Todd Gibbs playing this weekend?

Minh

First Grade
I sense a lot of Tigers getting nervous lately, with all this talk from Benji, Lote and Beau Ryan. In the case of Benji and Lote they are saying how confident they are and Saints have more to lose. Can they be serious a spot in the GF is at stake here everyone's got something to lose and obviously to gain ie. 2010 Premiers, hoping it be the Saints.

RedVDave

First Grade
The game is 3 days from now and the Tigers are already getting all the excuses ready is anything they havent thought of yet?

Minh

First Grade
They want to play the big underdogs card and slipping under the radar and all. This is the preliminary final and the spotlight is cast on all teams. They want to shift the pressure on the Dragons and in the course of it proving how much it means to them with all the talk.:crazy:

big pat

Coach
don't take any notice of these melon heads, its mind games, any player who says they are not worried are liars.

Latest posts