What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Henry to Canterbury

drago brelli

Bench
Well Big Pat, it was on the radio a few weeks ago and it's proven to be true, Beau Henry has signed for Canterbury. According to Peters on 2KY look for Inglis to be the first player to leave 'The Cheats'. Would like to join good mate Smith at Dragons. But Dragons obviously don't have money and are not prepared to cheat. What about offering G Inglis a job at the No. 5 blast furnace.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
sh*t, do what we have to get Inglis, shed some players, I dont care how just sign this bloke and we have an x factor.

drago brelli

Bench
The Illawarra 'Steelers' Harold Matthews team had a great win yesterday at St Marys, 27-26 in golden point extra time over Souths. They are now in the semis I think against Newcastle. This team has no huge Pacific Islander players, they are the smallest team in the comp, all locals and is brimming with talent. They were down 12-26 with 8 mins to go. This team never gives up because they did something similar the week before against Canterbury. The coach is Adam Sargeant-Wilson. The students at Figtree High speak highly of him as a person.

Wobbygong

First Grade
The Illawarra 'Steelers' Harold Matthews team had a great win yesterday at St Marys, 27-26 in golden point extra time over Souths. They are now in the semis I think against Newcastle. This team has no huge Pacific Islander players, they are the smallest team in the comp, all locals and is brimming with talent. They were down 12-26 with 8 mins to go. This team never gives up because they did something similar the week before against Canterbury. The coach is Adam Sargeant-Wilson. The students at Figtree High speak highly of him as a person.

relevance ???

Last edited:

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Inglis will never put on a Dragons jersey. Imagine the players we would have to get rid of to legally fit him under the cap.

drago brelli

Bench
Relevence. Well, a club who has a team in the NRL, eg; St. George/Illa, needs or it's not a bad idea to have a stream of young junior talent coming through. Luckily the Dragons have the Illawarra area to potentially have first pick at the local talent. Sure beats having to raid other clubs juniors. Even though there's lots of Dragons juniors playing elsewhere. Don't know about you but I feel an affiliation with the team when there are many local juniors in the team. Some clubs have virtually no junior talent, Easts.

RedV6

Juniors
maybe these melbourne players will take less money cause their bank accounts are so fat

Wobbygong

First Grade
Imagine Barba and Henry in the halves for the Bullcheats when Kimmorley finally wakes up and gives it away, neither of them can tackle. I know where all the traffic will be running. Massive weak link there.

hendrix

Juniors
Imagine Barba and Henry in the halves for the Bullcheats when Kimmorley finally wakes up and gives it away, neither of them can tackle. I know where all the traffic will be running. Massive weak link there.

and Kimmorley and Roberts can tackle?

anyway, i think the Bulldogs are planning to groom Barba as fullback when Patten gives it up at the end of next year or goes to the UK

UnderDawgg

Juniors
hendrix is right. Barba will move to fullback when patten moves on to ESL. About Barba and Henry, the same thing was said about Preston Campbell and Thurston when they started in FG. Thurston has turned out to be one of the best number 7 defenders in the game.

Todd Greenberg is way ahead of any other CEO atm

j0nesy

Bench
hendrix is right. Barba will move to fullback when patten moves on to ESL. About Barba and Henry, the same thing was said about Preston Campbell and Thurston when they started in FG. Thurston has turned out to be one of the best number 7 defenders in the game.

Todd Greenberg is way ahead of any other CEO atm

You're right about Thurston, but he now plays for the Cowboys. So how does this make Greenberg so good? Certainly don't need to be a genius to realise that last years Toyota Cup player of the year has potential.

There have been an abundance of talented Dragon's juniors that have signed with the dogs over the years, the only one to truly succeed has be Patten. Not a good strike rate for nurturing young players at all for the Dogs.

As far as I'm concerned it's just another case of the Dragons losing another young player that they have invested time and money in to as a result of the salary cap. It sh*ts me, but that's part and parcel of playing the game within the rules.

hendrix

Juniors
You're right about Thurston, but he now plays for the Cowboys. So how does this make Greenberg so good? Certainly don't need to be a genius to realise that last years Toyota Cup player of the year has potential.

There have been an abundance of talented Dragon's juniors that have signed with the dogs over the years, the only one to truly succeed has be Patten. Not a good strike rate for nurturing young players at all for the Dogs.

As far as I'm concerned it's just another case of the Dragons losing another young player that they have invested time and money in to as a result of the salary cap. It sh*ts me, but that's part and parcel of playing the game within the rules.

interesting criticism considering the likes of SBW, Asotasi, Mason, Thurston, Price, Myles, Anasta, Sherwin, Harris etc. all joined the Dogs as teenagers

j0nesy

Bench
interesting criticism considering the likes of SBW, Asotasi, Mason, Thurston, Price, Myles, Anasta, Sherwin, Harris etc. all joined the Dogs as teenagers

FFS two or three don't even play in the NRL now. And who the f**k is Harris? So the Dogs have managed to poach two or three good players over what 10 years and not ruin them? Just goes to show if you have a high enough turnover you're bound to stumble accross a couple of good players. The fact is though that none of these players play for the Dogs now. Maybe you can explain to me how this makes Greenberg streets ahead of any other CEO in the NRL? Was Greenberg even CEO when these guys came through or did he just let them go?

Latest posts