What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Henry ??

Cooper-Man

Bench
I wouldnt be surprised if this it true. I know someone VERY HIGH within the dogs and he and the club think VERY HIGHLY of him.

j0nesy

Bench
Hope it's not true, but I wouldn't surprised either. They ruined the last 5/8th the poached from us (Holdsworth), hopefully Henry's not stupid enough to destrory his career ;-)

vista

Juniors
Can someone tell me what is so special about this guy?
He is spoken about like a first grader or the next Andrew Johns.

drago brelli

Bench
Heard the same story or rumour on 2SM at 3.15 this arvo. Not only have they signed Henry but Trent Merrin and another good illawarra junior who plays in the Drag's 20s.

drago brelli

Bench
He's no Andrew Johns. No one's every said that. He was Toyota Cup player of the year. Talented and promising half backs come along in your club very rarely. He turns 20 this year. I really hope he's not going. Last good half to come out of the Illawarra was John Simon. He played Origin at 19 yrs of age.

big pat

Coach
oh wow its on 2sm, must be true then, when its official then i'll believe it, for now nothing is concrete

drago brelli

Bench
You're right Big Pat. But when you consider Hannett is going back to QLD and it's looking more like Dogs won't sign Kimmorley the story makes sense. Hornby has signed for '10, '11 and '12. Henry would have to maybe wait his turn. Like you I hope it's not true.

Benny

First Grade
Merrin leaving would be my only concern - was very good in the first few weeks but missed out last few weeks (I just assumed part of process to get more time in NSW Cup)

watatank

Coach
It would be a mistake for Merrin to go to the Bulldogs. Hannant is carrying their pack and if he goes they're screwed.

st.phil

Bench
would be a massive blow to loose him, great all round game...very mature for his age.

The doggies rumours sound pretty far-fetched...clearly a reaction to another heavy loss. Merrin looks like turning into a great player...but keeping henry should be a priority over another front rower. For how long have we waited for a real halfback?

Hornby is going ok and is no doubt best suited for halfback this year. But I was hoping to see a change next year allowing Henry another season of experience before being a no1 halfback.

1.Boyd
2.Nightingale
3. Stanley
4. Coops (j moz the following year)
5. B moz
6.Soward
7. Henry

Wayne is no idiot - he usually keeps who he wants. we'll have to wait and see.

Goddo

Bench

1.Boyd
2.Nightingale
3. Stanley
4. Coops (j moz the following year)
5. B moz
6.Soward
7. Henry

Wayne is no idiot - he usually keeps who he wants. we'll have to wait and see.

I dribbled a bit when I saw that back line. I'd like to see Hornby possibly at hooker. He is still a good player, and is a wise head to have around to mentor Henry into the job.

Backs tend to hit their stride around 22-25 years old. Usually have flash in the pan seasons before then, and inconcistent form. Its why we need a good reserve grade and mentoring to take all the "could bes" like Henry to origin quality.