What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott/Matt Prior - try/no try

Prior try, Scott no-try?

• Total voters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Proud of the 'Dogs effort tonight, congrats to the Dragons. They did very well to hold us out second half in the face of sometimes impotent goalline attack.

That said, it appears in the Game Day thread there was plenty of discussion about the Dragons opening try.

Was it passed off the ground by a tackled Beau Scott, or was he in a position where he was able to pass it to Prior for the try to be scored?

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
imo, looking on it on replay, arm carrying the ball never hit the ground so try.

skeepe

Immortal
I disagree with the decision, but I can see an argument for giving it.

I think it's one of those calls that is always going to upset the team it goes against.

Timmah

Staff member
I have a problem with it solely for the reason it opens up a can of worms. The rule as I understood it was simply that you cannot pass off the ground. In my way of thinking Scott was on the ground and tackled. Hence, no try. Ordinary call

BM1979

Juniors
To be honest I though the Dragons knocked the ball on from the bomb to get the repeat set of six , Im not sure though they showed no replays

anjado

Juniors
I thought he was held to be honest i think it is clear he is on his back. So the tackle is completed. Wasn't the worst decision in the world or even the game. The passage of play where Scott handed the ball to Ennis then Ennis handed it back to him was bizarre.

cleary89

Coach
I have a problem with it solely for the reason it opens up a can of worms. The rule as I understood it was simply that you cannot pass off the ground. In my way of thinking Scott was on the ground and tackled. Hence, no try. Ordinary call

What constitutes a tackle? if a player breaks the line, but falls and rolls, a defender manages to have his a leg touching him or something at the time, is that held?

Same shit as the taylor try last week.

ByRd

First Grade
Not making excuse and it was a good game from both sides but that was not a try, do it anywhere else on the field and see if it's play on but meh, that's footy and that sh!t happens.

Timmah

Staff member
Do you read or just troll? I didn't blame the refs for anything.

Doga

Juniors
This is being discussed elsewhere. Do we really need another thread just for the sake of a poll.

Either way what ever was the correct call we had more than enough opportunity to win the game but couldn't muster up any backline movements or anything that resembled creativity.

We lost. We are a poorly coached team with zero line speed and happen to have a bit of heart....sometimes.

This is being discussed elsewhere. Do we really need another thread just for the sake of a poll.

Either way what ever was the correct call we had more than enough opportunity to win the game but couldn't muster up any backline movements or anything that resembled creativity.

We lost. We are a poorly coached team with zero line speed and happen to have a bit of heart....sometimes.

I like you as a poster, very honest. This isn't the first time I have read an honest opinion from you and its refreshing. To you, I will say GG (good game).

Eels Dude

Coach
He was tackled. Definately no try IMO. I'm not even sure the ball was grounded either. And I hate the Bulldogs with a passion so am clearly unbiased.

Timmah

Staff member
I like you as a poster, very honest. This isn't the first time I have read an honest opinion from you and its refreshing. To you, I will say GG (good game).
:lol: How pissweak. A 'Dogs fan wants to sink the boot into his team after a loss and you agree with him.

Latest posts