What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott/Matt Prior - try/no try

Prior try, Scott no-try?

• Total voters
:lol: How pissweak. A 'Dogs fan wants to sink the boot into his team after a loss and you agree with him.

he understands his team didn't deserve to win unlike the rest of you idiots who want to blame all the 50/050 calls lol

your team is good in attack but pissweak in defence, I said this before a ball was kicked off this season. idris is the worst defender in the comp and barba is a midget that shouldn't be playing fullback. he got exposed today under the high ball the first time he has really been tested all season.

SET2JT

Juniors
He was tackled. Definately no try IMO. I'm not even sure the ball was grounded either. And I hate the Bulldogs with a passion so am clearly unbiased.
The ball was grounded. There's a good replay on Sports tonight.

In normal speed it just looks like Scott is getting pushed back and he hands off the ball to Prior. I'm sure there was a Sharks try this year when Pomaroy was given 30 sec to put the ball down. I didn't see this many threads about it.

Eels Dude

Coach
The ball was grounded. There's a good replay on Sports tonight.

In normal speed it just looks like Scott is getting pushed back and he hands off the ball to Prior. I'm sure there was a Sharks try this year when Pomaroy was given 30 sec to put the ball down. I didn't see this many threads about it.

He lost it mate when attempting to ground it. it was obvious.

BM1979

Juniors
he understands his team didn't deserve to win unlike the rest of you idiots who want to blame all the 50/050 calls lol

your team is good in attack but pissweak in defence, I said this before a ball was kicked off this season. idris is the worst defender in the comp and barba is a midget that shouldn't be playing fullback. he got exposed today under the high ball the first time he has really been tested all season.

I dont think Barba got exposed that badly , I only remember him missing one (not that my memory is good), Lett on the other hand was abysmal under the high ball , I thought I was watching Utai out there

I dont think Barba got exposed that badly , I only remember him missing one (not that my memory is good), Lett on the other hand was abysmal under the high ball , I thought I was watching Utai out there

lett had a shocker in defence but the overall defence of the dogs was below average, I'm sure you guys can play much better and when you guys get it right, that combined with the broken field play of barba will be hard to beat come semi finals time, which I have no doubt whatsoever the dogs will be there.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
lol, i think what he said was fair enough. It's nice to see an objective view once in a while
Objective? There's objective and then there's kicking your team while it's down thinking you're being "cruel to be kind". We played a fantastic second half tonight and kept the premiership favourites, league leaders, whatever you wanna call 'em, SCORELESS. That's not an easy feat even if they were tired.

Again, where have I blamed 50/50's?

St George Illawarra won tonight, I'm not denying them that and I'm not suggesting the call in question cost us the game (especially given how early in the game it was, there was a heap of time to rectify it!).

I'm putting up a poll for people to decide whether they thought it was a try or not - a completely different matter to whether it was the reason Canterbury lost.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Lett did his hammy tonight anyway, I think Goodwin will return v Canberra on Friday, if not Wright might get a run.

As for diabolical defence Charles Bronson, how bad can defence be if it concedes 0 and the attack scores 10 in a half of footy.

I imagine Bennett would've been pretty frustrated losing a half of footy 0-10.

Lett did his hammy tonight anyway, I think Goodwin will return v Canberra on Friday, if not Wright might get a run.

As for diabolical defence Charles Bronson, how bad can defence be if it concedes 0 and the attack scores 10 in a half of footy.

Taking field goal shots in the time we were in your end in the 2nd means we made some dumb decisions, I wouldn't be blowing the trumpet too loud for the dogs defence.

And I'm sure Wayne will be happy with the win, was always going to be tough.

SET2JT

Juniors

I think he would have been happy with only 2 trys in the 2nd half, as his team were out on their feet. It was the Dogs game for the taking.

BM1979

Juniors
lett had a shocker in defence but the overall defence of the dogs was below average, I'm sure you guys can play much better and when you guys get it right, that combined with the broken field play of barba will be hard to beat come semi finals time, which I have no doubt whatsoever the dogs will be there.

The defensive structure is very different to the old school Dogs defense I was brought up on. Teams are able to march down the field against us very easily but our goaline defense and scrambling defense is very good.

its not good for my health thats for sure

smacky

Juniors
i was fine with it going either way, I personally thought they weren't going to give it. In normal speed the pass back to prior looked ok, but when they slowed it down it makes it look worse. Ah well.

cleary89

Coach
What about the ones where a player is hit in a decent tackle, gets sat on his ass and the ball goes out backwards? More often than not its called play on. Hes on his back, hand on him and ball comes free, but but but but he had a finger on him! he has to be held!

The defensive structure is very different to the old school Dogs defense I was brought up on. Teams are able to march down the field against us very easily but our goaline defense and scrambling defense is very good.

its not good for my health thats for sure

its not the in your face defence anymore, thankfully.

Latest posts