What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott

Tigers Tale

Juniors
A mate was just telling me at work Beau Scott might be signing with the Tigers....anyone heard this rumour? Is there any truth in it?

Cheers.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
If the price is right, a 2 year deal for about 250-300k would be a good signing.

He is 31 in a couple of months though.

super_coach

First Grade
If the price is right, a 2 year deal for about 250-300k would be a good signing.

He is 31 in a couple of months though.

The money being asked for these days 250-300 gets you a run of the mill no17

Scott would be 400 plus and with the dragons in the hunt his price could be more as they are desperate. A month ago I would have thought he was just what we need, now I am not so sure we need at 32 year old enforcer, we seem to have plenty of talent spread across the ghrades

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah i'm not keen on spending quality coin on 30+ year old forwards.

If he comes cheap then go for it. Otherwise no.

Fordy20

Juniors
It's not credible. JT has come out and said he's not interested in signing players for this season and the next.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Yeah i'm not keen on spending quality coin on 30+ year old forwards.

If he comes cheap then go for it. Otherwise no.

Exactly. We are in a position where we have a crop of very good young players coming through with a few good old heads in the mix.

The last thing we want to do is blow money away by chasing players in their 30's and paying them overs in the process.

Adam Blair is gone. Let's not repeat that.

Blair always had it in him to break Toddy Payten's record.

Thats funny...
:lol: Adam Blair....He is an absolute disgrace,no wonder the WT pack is going better this season without that oxygen thief.
It is obvious that once Blair signs a contact he thinks he doesn't have to have a dig until his next contract is due!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Look at all the old excuses
'Needs time to settle in'
'Still getting used to new structure'
'Add mongrel'

If a bloke (especially a forward) can't grasp new structures and get settled in an off season then he clearly isn't that good.

macnaz

Staff member
Another senile old coach buying the dickhead thinking he is something special lol.

Perth Tiger

Bench
In regards to Scott, at the right price he would be an asset but given his age the right price would be 300K or less

moller

Juniors
For the record, I'd definitely take Scott at the right price for 2 years.
I doubt he'll go for said right price though.

Perth Tiger

Bench
meh Ethan Lowe and Pauli are no better than the current juniors we have.

I don't think there is really anyone we need to be chasing unless it is a marque type player

The Rosco

Bench
Look at all the old excuses
'Needs time to settle in'
'Still getting used to new structure'
'Add mongrel'

If a bloke (especially a forward) can't grasp new structures and get settled in an off season then he clearly isn't that good.

. . . points at Watmough for Parra, and Stewart for Souffs

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Blair's standard excuse - wait until the Broncos figure out that it takes him years to work out the team structure.
I think Scott is just what we need this year. He has a few good years left in him, not worried about his age.

Latest posts