What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

Bazal

Post Whore
Never wait to get it. Ever.

Was gifted a couple of cans and cupcakes at their birthday gig. Winning

Tried the capital brewing first tracks imperial stout? Not shabby either

Yeah I didn't specifically wait, I just didn't have the funds spare.

Great as always. Like an old fashioned 1990s Mississippi mudcake in a glass. I do find it lacks a bit of carbonation in the cans which makes it a bit treacly, but that's minor.

I haven't had the Capital yet. I want to find it, have heard very good things

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Yeah I didn't specifically wait, I just didn't have the funds spare.

Great as always. Like an old fashioned 1990s Mississippi mudcake in a glass. I do find it lacks a bit of carbonation in the cans which makes it a bit treacly, but that's minor.

I haven't had the Capital yet. I want to find it, have heard very good things
Prefer the heavier beers to avoid being overly carbonated. The capital brewing stout is nowhere near as heavy on the palate, deceptive 10%. Just grabbed a 4 pack from Chifley bottlers

Bazal

Post Whore
Prefer the heavier beers to avoid being overly carbonated. The capital brewing stout is nowhere near as heavy on the palate, deceptive 10%

Yeah and I know it's pretty unavoidable in the style as well especially with the barrel aging, so it really is a minor complaint. I just like a little bit less syrupy-ness by the end I guess. Still a cracking beer.

But I couldn't ever do more than one or two anyway so it's not a big deal.

New England Brewing “Hop Cannon” IPA. Pretty sure I had this years ago when they first hit the market, from memory it tasted rather “oily” back then. Much better beer these days, not the best IPA on the market but pretty tasty.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Brookvale Union for me. Matsos is great but very raw tasting, so it's hard to have many.
A mate of mine got me into pints of Brookvale ginger with a shot of fireball in them..

Worth a try

Bazal

Post Whore
A mate of mine got me into pints of Brookvale ginger with a shot of fireball in them..

Worth a try

Would be quite good in winter, I imagine. Wonder if it would work warm...

They also do a premixed one with spiced rum which is really good for a change, even for folks like me who aren't big RTD drinkers

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Would be quite good in winter, I imagine. Wonder if it would work warm...

They also do a premixed one with spiced rum which is really good for a change, even for folks like me who aren't big RTD drinkers
Fireball works well with cider too..

Apple pie pints..