What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bega Trial vs the Eels

OldPanther

Coach
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2020/02/25/panthers-squad-named-for-battle-of-the-west/

Panthers v Eels
4pm Saturday 29 February
Bega Recreation Ground

Apisai Koroisau
Billy Burns
Brendan Hands
Brent Naden
Brian To'o
Caleb Aekins
Dean Whare
Isaah Yeo
Jack Hetherington
James Fisher-Harris
James Tamou
Jarome Luai
Jed Cartwright
Josh Mansour
Kurt Capewell
Liam Martin
Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
Matt Burton
Mitch Kenny
Moses Leota
Nathan Cleary
Pat Hollis
Stephen Crichton
Tyrone May
Viliame Kikau
Zane Tetevano

Crashtest

Juniors
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2020/02/25/panthers-squad-named-for-battle-of-the-west/

Panthers v Eels
4pm Saturday 29 February
Bega Recreation Ground

Apisai Koroisau
Billy Burns
Brendan Hands
Brent Naden
Brian To'o
Caleb Aekins
Dean Whare
Isaah Yeo
Jack Hetherington
James Fisher-Harris
James Tamou
Jarome Luai
Jed Cartwright
Josh Mansour
Kurt Capewell
Liam Martin
Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
Matt Burton
Mitch Kenny
Moses Leota
Nathan Cleary
Pat Hollis
Stephen Crichton
Tyrone May
Viliame Kikau
Zane Tetevano

Its good to see Kenny on the list. Must have recovered quicker than was estimated.

And solves the problem of who the 14 will be for at least rounds 1 to 4.

Last edited:

Crashtest

Juniors
Ahh yes lets name 25 2 weeks before the comp starts

That probably means a number of the players that are automatic selections for the round 1 team won't be playing long minutes.

I'm fine with that, why risk injury to Cleary, Api, Kikau, JFH, Tamou etc by playing them long minutes? Let them have 40 minutes or so to work on some combinations, then get them off.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sack Cloth again. It's becomming a uniform for you. :p

All jokes aside why are you not happy about this ? It means Iv is keeping an open mind about the NRL side, and blokes will have to earn their position.

3 named can’t play FG anyway.

A few guys there need good solid footy. Others like Jed need solid minutes you can’t give all 26 a half of footy as needed. Like we have 3 hookers named why?

franklin2323

Immortal
That probably means a number of the players that are automatic selections for the round 1 team won't be playing long minutes.

I'm fine with that, why risk injury to Cleary, Api, Kikau, JFH, Tamou etc by playing them long minutes? Let them have 40 minutes or so to work on some combinations, then get them off.

Api off Kenny on for 2nd half... Hands should play NSW Cup to get decent game time.

So I get that but unlimited changes 21 would of been plenty

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
3 named can’t play FG anyway.

A few guys there need good solid footy. Others like Jed need solid minutes you can’t give all 26 a half of footy as needed. Like we have 3 hookers named why?

They will be able to play after mid year (if needed) also if injury strikes perhaps even exemption. There are blokes playing who've had injuries. It means they can have some limited time, brings down the risk of re-injury too especially with blokes like Kenny, Fish, Tamou. I think it's sensible.

franklin2323

Immortal
They will be able to play after mid year (if needed) also if injury strikes perhaps even exemption. There are blokes playing who've had injuries. It means they can have some limited time, brings down the risk of re-injury too especially with blokes like Kenny, Fish, Tamou. I think it's sensible.

Hollis is a St Marys player. Hands isn’t development so no to either

Looking at top players who had a better hit out last week us or Roosters? Who looks better prepared for round 1 us or them?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Looking at top players who had a better hit out last week us or Roosters? Who looks better prepared for round 1 us or them?

Your misunderstanding what I said. I was referring to those on development contracts and of course May.

I don't know the thinking involved by coaching staffs. But I will stand by my earlier comments.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

It is possible for players to move upwards from RM cup. If they impress I'm sure this could occur, especially if injuries hit bad.

franklin2323

Immortal
Your misunderstanding what I said. I was referring to those on development contracts and of course May.

I don't know the thinking involved by coaching staffs. But I will stand by my earlier comments.

Yes but 2 aren’t on those deals even

I will use Kenny as an example. How can him sharing a 2nd half with another hooker be better then longer gametime with lower grade. Still going to have match fitness before round 1

Latest posts