What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being hated is a compliment

Greenblooded

Juniors
I'm not taking the p*ss here, I reckon only the best teams are hated, look at the Broncos. I used to hate Manly in the mid 90's, now I kinda feel sorry for them. The Roosters have become the benchmark in the last few years. So I wouldn't worry about being hated. I'm looking forward to the Raiders being a hated team. (aaahh the early 90's, good times) :D

Slugs

Raider_69 said:
PS. its not just the success ;-)

Arrogance readily comes to mind

The act or habit of arrogating, or making undue claims in an overbearing manner; that species of pride which consists in exorbitant claims of rank, dignity, estimation, or power, or which exalts the worth or importance of the person to an undue degree; proud contempt of others; lordliness; haughtiness; self-assumption; presumption.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Yeah thats why Souths can't wait to get their sticky fingers on our players :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slugs

RoostarGirl said:
Yeah thats why Souths can't wait to get their sticky fingers on our players :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah well they would be sticky after "Sticky" Stuart has finished with them

Besides we only take those players who you cannot fit in your salary cap.........................................and then, surprise, surprise, you sign two or three others and pay top dollar for them :roll: :roll: :roll:

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Yeah and you've got a problem with that Slugs because......if we didn't do that then you wouldn't get out players in the first place...WIN WIN I reckon :lol: :lol:

Slugs

RoostarGirl said:
Yeah and you've got a problem with that Slugs because......if we didn't do that then you wouldn't get out players in the first place...WIN WIN I reckon :lol: :lol:

Havn't got a problem with that at all....what I object to is your Management not having the guts just to tell their players they are not wanted anymore.....why don't they just be truthful instead of saying they cannot keep them because of Salary restrictions :evil: :evil:

RoostarGirl

Juniors
I don't see what that has to do with you...but hey, if your Management deals with problems better...good for them.

Your just lucky we produce such great players...that can go on and retire at such a great club like yours. Don't worry, be happy :D

Rednecked Yobbo

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
I don't see what that has to do with you...but hey, if your Management deals with problems better...good for them.

Your just lucky we produce such great players...that can go on and retire at such a great club like yours. Don't worry, be happy :D

Roosters "produce" players. Hell, thats the joke of the year!

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Yes, "produce".
We didn't say they were Roosters Juniors. We have none. Everyone knows that.

How about coming up with a different tune you stupid twats. :clap: :clap:

Slugs

Muffdaddy said:
How about coming up with a different tune you stupid twats. :clap: :clap:

You asked for it :
Glory, Glory to South Sydney
South Sydney marches on

When speaking of the champions
One stands above the rest
Glories old and records proud
When often put to test
A fine tradition’s history
That others cannot best
They were the red and green

Repeat Chorus

They mauled the Balmain Tigers
Slew the Dragon from St.George
Sea-Eagles and the Panthers next
Were smashed with mighty force
They humbled Parramatta
And the Berries in due course
They wear the red and green

Repeat Chorus

They plucked the Western Magpies
Slashed the Newtown bag of blue
The Eastern Suburbs Rooster crowed
And then was conquered too
The greatest name in any game
Within South Sydney grew
They wear the red and green

Repeat Chorus

5.gif

Muffdaddy

Juniors
The only funny thing about you replying is that you basically admit to being a twat. :lol: :lol:

BTW - Do they still play the original version of that song at the Wabbits home games. including the old team names?
If so, thats pretty cool. And thats about as nice as I've ever been regarding the Vermin.

Broncodroid

Juniors
The Roosters hated ? Not in my book, I respect the club for what they bring weekly to this premiership and for raising the bar in this premiership which forces the hand of ALL clubs to better themselves.

The Roosters do have juniors, do not kid yourselves in light of the fact that they are not full of a team packed by former Rooster juniors. What team is ? You could argue the point using Newcastle as your example, perhaps Brisbane, but not many teams can claim they are packed with their own junior talent.

* Sydney City Premier League Team: 24G, 19W, 4L, 1D, 758For, 423Ag, 43pts coming in 2nd on points differential to the Dragons.

* Sydney City Jersey Flegg Team: 24G, Won 24W, 0L, 0D, 976For, 352Ag, 52pts finishing as minor premiers.

Hmm...no juniors ? :roll:

Keep in mind the following

* They have produced Anthony Minichello who now commands respect world wide in the test arena.
* Picked up former QLD, Australian winger Shannon Heggarty from Redcliffe area recognising a talent and bettering the player in their junior system
* Ryan Cross is a Roosters junior who is now on the cusp of rep football
* Under the coaching of Ricky Stuart, Brett Finch has from a immature kid with a load of talent not producing, to a NSW origin player and runner up in the 2004 Dally M
* Craig Wing has all but lost the 'pretty boy' tag and since joining the Roosters has found respect from his peers which his play commands
* Ned Catic a Penrith discard was picked up by the Roosters and is now a solid performer in this competition
* Michael Crocker was picked up from QLD as a junior and is now a QLD, Australian Test player
* Craig Fitzgibbon was on the improve for the Dragons, but you cannot argue the fact that he has gone from strength to strength each season under the Roosters regime.
* Anthony Tupou's talent was recognised after being dumped as a Knights junior, he is now amongst the top 3 young talents in the game
* Chris Flannery is a Rooster junior who plays regular Origin football

The Roosters know what they are doing when looking after their juniors and recognising a rough diamond...if this was my club, I would be over the moon as would ANY Rugby League fan not driven to criticise for the only apparent reason being jealousy or founded respect they won't admit too.

Congrats on another brilliant season Sydney City, brings me back to the days where we at Brisbane were the team 'running the game' ;-)

aids

Bench
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Souths: The retirement home for former Roosters players. :lol:

The roosters: the retirement home to Penrith, Canberra, Newcastle players and admin staff. In addition, the collective hatred of 80% of the Australian league public.
not because of "your" class players, but how much influence the club has with league administration, referees and media.

You are not going to win another premiership this year, or in the near future because the team and a club in total lack heart and courage.
Canberra proved this on the weekend, where the team frustrated and confused.
Where even your media stooge was complaining about how unfair it was for the raiders to slow the game down.
Only a dubious*(in my opinion) send off was the turning point in the game.

You can be a vocal fan of the roosters,
However, do not be proud about being a fan of a greedy, spoilt and heartless club.
It is un-Australian.

* if that was worth 10, ricketson's was worth the same.

also: i am sorry loyal easts fans, it's not realyl aimed at you guys and i just felt the need to vent and poorly express how i feel about the whole thing.