What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy says what everyone else (except John Lang) is thinking

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Give me the Souths coaching job. This is all to obvious...

Move Inglis to to 5/8 (this isn't 2007 he is too big for fullback)

Move Sutton to Lock (would be a good 5/8 outside a stronger halfback but he is playing too much first receiver)

Move Taylor to Front Row (he is too big to defend on the flanks)

Tell Sandow to hold his place in the defensive line and forget about trying to put on big hits or he can forget about his career.

Give Pettybourne a brand new Steedan and tell him to carry it with him at all times until he learns to hold onto the ball.

Borat.

Juniors
Inglis to 5/8 would fail miserably....who gives a toss if he won the clive chuchill there...he is not a ball player- and he could never work with a 7 like sandow

Bman26

Juniors
Give me the Souths coaching job. This is all to obvious...

Move Inglis to to 5/8 (this isn't 2007 he is too big for fullback)

Move Sutton to Lock (would be a good 5/8 outside a stronger halfback but he is playing too much first receiver)

Move Taylor to Front Row (he is too big to defend on the flanks)

Tell Sandow to hold his place in the defensive line and forget about trying to put on big hits or he can forget about his career.

Give Pettybourne a brand new Steedan and tell him to carry it with him at all times until he learns to hold onto the ball.

AHHAHAAHAHA Awesome!

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Inglis to 5/8 would fail miserably....who gives a toss if he won the clive chuchill there...he is not a ball player- and he could never work with a 7 like sandow
He won't see enough ball in the centers. Sutton will be at 13 to take some pressure of him. It's the best option unless he drops 10kgs overnight.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Inglis at five eight would be purely as a strike weapon, not for play making options. It would work in a structured attack with other great ball players, but not with Sandow and Wesser.

Fullback would work because he can chose his runs, which has always been his strength.

Borat.

Juniors
I'd give him a run at fullback- But if they can get him some decent ball nothing wrong with him a centre

Lambretta

First Grade
I'd give him a run at fullback- But if they can get him some decent ball nothing wrong with him a centre

I might be wrong, but I thought Inglis was a left centre?

He was certainly attacking down the left when he scored on Friday

Now who do Souths have who is left handed in their halves and who do they have who is right handed?

Now left handed people tend to attack to the right as it's more natural to pass that way. Sure they CAN pass both ways but for a left hooker you swing to the right naturally. Right people go left. This why MOST teams attack to the left side of the field and why left sided fantasy players outscore right sided ones in most teams.

Souths have two left handed players in key positions. Issac Luke and John Sutton both naturally attack to the right and as Luke does most of the distribution most attacks to to Merritts side of the field.

It's why Colin Best never saw the ball. Sandow can kick in attack (and they can go anywhere) but the passing was mostly done by Luke from dummy half and Sutton running the ball and offloading.

Spending enormous money on a player who will do most work in defence because your attack goes the other way, isn't the brightest of ideas

Either Inglis plays right centre where he will be fed the ball, or he goes to fullback where he can get the ball. Playing left centre at Souths for an attacker is a complete waste of time.

Talanexor

Juniors
I reckon Inglis should play fullback. Imagine the kick returns! 197kg or whatever he is now, steaming toward you at full pace. That's gotta be hard to stop.

Seriously though, in a side with defective halves like Souths, Inglis can't afford to twiddle his thumbs out on the edges waiting for the ball. He'll barely touch it. Get him at the back, where he can inject himself and get his hands on the ball more. Besides, Vaivai can fill the vacant centre spot no worries.

Inglis is probably 10-15kg too heavy to play fullback at the moment. But then again, he's a freak, and I'm sure he'd take to it like a duck to water. At the very least he'd be a better option than Wesser.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Seriously though, in a side with defective halves like Souths, Inglis can't afford to twiddle his thumbs out on the edges waiting for the ball. He'll barely touch it. Get him at the back, where he can inject himself and get his hands on the ball more. Besides, Vaivai can fill the vacant centre spot no worries.
Correct. That's Dave Taylor's job.

Dazzat

First Grade
I believe Inglis played fullback for Norths (Brisbane) the year before he joined the Melbourne Storm and was the competition's top try scorer, and voted best and fairest from memory. He was absolutely devastating.

But he's probably put on 20 kgs since then.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
32 tries from 20 games for norths from fullback.

He is a fullback who can play anywhere from 1 to 5 and still be the best in the team.

Who will souths play centre...is he better thsn Reese?

bomberman

Juniors
He was devastating for Melbourne when he played the few games that he did at fullback also a few years ago.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I believe Inglis played fullback for Norths (Brisbane) the year before he joined the Melbourne Storm and was the competition's top try scorer, and voted best and fairest from memory. He was absolutely devastating.

But he's probably put on 20 kgs since then.

Yeah I remember speaking to a development officer a couple of years ago and he said that the junior he saw with the best defensive skills was Greg Inglis. Attacking wise Im sure he said Jarryd Hayne.

Danish

Referee
To play in his undoubtedly best position Inglis will need to get back to his undoubtedly best playing weight.

Unfortunately for souths fans and league fans in general I can't see him shedding 15kg any time soon.

The good news is he is probably the perfect weight to be the worlds best back rower. He should model his career on Ruben Wiki IMO and begin the slow journey into the front row IMO