What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy the Hypocrite

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Only stain is the one the NRL left when they didn't immediately inform Bellamy and everyone else who tried to copy but failed that wrestling would be punished. It wouldn't have stopped the bloke coming up with other ways of making do with what he's got before anyone else

Saying the only coach who refuses to disable other teams by poaching from them has left a stain on the game is f**king hypocritical. The NRL is responsible for making and keeping the rules, Bellamy's just responsible for being the coach every team would love to have
Where are you and bellyache honeymooning?

LESStar58

Referee
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/cr...a/news-story/5914075271e60a4a8f8b81c0104c2bd9

This article talks about Bellamy's disappointment at some storm players behaviour towards Fifita.

He tris to talk up how important he feels sportsmanship is.

I find that incredibly hypocritical from the coach of the 2nd most unsportsman like team in the competition.
This comes from a coach that has taught his players how to twist necks and heads. How to work on players joints to imobilise them. A coach that has taught his captain to get an unfair advantage by bullying the referees.

Yes its obvious that sportsmanship is soooo important to Bellamy

Let me call you a wet nurse.

f**k wit.

LESStar58

Referee
TBH, the only hypocritical thing I see in that article is Smith going on about the actions that saw the penalty being against the spirit of the game.

First bloke I can recall I've seen pass the ball intentionally into an opposition player was Cronk. And Smith threw his hands up pleading for the penalty (which was awarded).

Pretty sure I've seen Cronk attempt it another time either earlier this year or sometime in '15, but wasn't successful in milking a penalty that time.

Seems in Smith's eyes it only went against the spirit of the game when it went against Melbourne.

How convenient.

Against the Tigers at Leichardt this year Cronk also passed in to a player accidentally offside and got NO penalty.

The rule is black and white even if it is for something ridiculous as passing in to a player laying prone on the ground.

LESStar58

Referee
Who is blaming Melbourne for all the wrestling I am merely stating they do it more than others.

Are your arms hurting from the long bow you are drawing?

Control the 3 ruck. Win the game.

That's the nature of the 3 game these days. Melbourne pioneered it and the rest of the comp followed suit.

Grow up.

Canard

Immortal
First bloke I can recall I've seen pass the ball intentionally into an opposition player was Cronk.

Really? Are you 6 or just started following the game this week?

It's been a tactic in League to pass the ball into an offside player since day dot.

I've never seen anything as ridiculous as the Milford example though

T-Boon

Coach
Are your arms hurting from the long bow you are drawing?

Control the 3 ruck. Win the game.

That's the nature of the 3 game these days. Melbourne pioneered it and the rest of the comp followed suit.

Grow up.

OK, what is the 3 ruck?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Really? Are you 6 or just started following the game this week?

It's been a tactic in League to pass the ball into an offside player since day dot.

I've never seen anything as ridiculous as the Milford example though

I don't know, the Walters brothers and Benny Elias would have gotten a couple close to the Milford one.