What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy

ouryears

Bench
Even with the two taken off him, he’s still won twice as many as we have in the past decade.

Apparently Mary is a great guy, and Bellamy is a jerk.

But with Bellamy at the helm, the storm have more titles, more finals appearances and more members than we have.

Vote 1 jerk for our next coach.
Who cares
He is a cheating wanker
Zero care factor

41yearsaint

Juniors
Agree with your entire post aside from the bolded part. Mary's drink driving case was as "innocent" as they can come, technically. Does NOT make it okay and a professional NRL coach should plan better, but a serial drink driving criminal doesn't drive on a known RBT route the next day at just 0.01 over the limit. It's a textbook accident.

Still shouldn't have risked it, however
Mary bashing is on another thread.
I am a stout supporter of that.
However, would you want our proud club to intentionally maim people in order to win?

Fire

First Grade
Agree with your entire post aside from the bolded part. Mary's drink driving case was as "innocent" as they can come, technically. Does NOT make it okay and a professional NRL coach should plan better, but a serial drink driving criminal doesn't drive on a known RBT route the next day at just 0.01 over the limit. It's a textbook accident.

Still shouldn't have risked it, however
Hey, fair enough.

You've pointed out issues I didn't think about.

I still think Mary is an incredibly poor leader (and I understand everyone deserves to unwind).

I don't like his style - but you've given me food for thought.

Fire

First Grade
However, would you want our proud club to intentionally maim people in order to win?
I'm sorry but I don't get this "maiming" (others also call it "wrestling")

Do you have any evidence please?

I can only think of Cameron Smith getting suspended from a Grand Final about 10 years ago.

Nothing else recently springs to mind.

Russell Packer's elbow to Luciano Leilua's throat (for a more recent example) springs to mind as a better example of "maiming".

Brutalitops

Juniors
If a Storm player had done what Latimore did it would have been grubby but for some reason Latsy was hailed a legend.

I don't really care either way, but by some standards, a dick whack is one of the grubbiest things on a sports field even if it was cam smith receiving

41yearsaint

Juniors
Was that when he tried to argue with the ref when he got penalised?
I may be wrong though.
When I was a young lad, i had never heard of the crusher or chicken wing.
Post contact injuries. Ethics.

Fire

First Grade
Was that when he tried to argue with the ref when he got penalised?
I may be wrong though.
When I was a young lad, i had never heard of the crusher or chicken wing.
Post contact injuries. Ethics.
You're obviously a troll.

Suck my cock.

End of conversation :)

41yearsaint

Juniors
If a Storm player had done what Latimore did it would have been grubby but for some reason Latsy was hailed a legend.

I don't really care either way, but by some standards, a dick whack is one of the grubbiest things on a sports field even if it was cam smith receiving
Dick wack, all day. Fair play.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Dick wack, all day. Fair play.
Mate we may disagree on our liking of Bellamy, but how can I respect your opinion when you consider a dick whack fair play all the while criticising storm players for wrestling and whatnot

A dick whack is funny sure, but it's still foul play and fits very much in line with what you criticise the Storm for.

BLM01

First Grade
W
The biggest grub to pull on the coaches jersey, I believe.

The crusher, chicken wing. Even this year playing the Storm, multiple players said in interviews, every game you play the Storm you finish sore.

Hate to say it, but give me Mary anyday.
WTF..Mary...V...Bellamy. It is a forum of varied opinions.
However I do agree that Melbourne have got away with too much in regards to changing the game and the NRL have parted the seas to their ways knowing too well that the wrestle was a blight on the game. And the systematic double contracts and salary cap rorting etc. Of course the players and Bellamy had no idea!.
What about the 2010 Melbourne team big famous walk onto the ground in the World V Us with Bellamy at the front after they were playing for 0 points...poor club
A winning Melbourne means a bit of crowd down there and the NRL can still justify their existence...god knows why!
And the majority of those black sheep coaches having to adopt wrestling coaches and tactics thanks to the Melbourne / NRL 21st century game.
But why would I still take Bellamy over Mary. I suppose I like his take no crap from his team attitude.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Bellamy is the best coach in the NRL and daylight second.
Mary would rank somewhere between 14th-16th IMHO.
I'm sure Ill get crucified for not saying flat out 16th on this forum, I can see it now "WHO ARE THE 2 COACHES WORSE THAN MARY!? IMPOSSIBLE!"

merahputih

Juniors
Bellamy is the best coach in the NRL and daylight second.
Mary would rank somewhere between 14th-16th IMHO.
I'm sure Ill get crucified for not saying flat out 16th on this forum, I can see it now "WHO ARE THE 2 COACHES WORSE THAN MARY!? IMPOSSIBLE!"
Ricky Stuart & Mary tie for 16th.

possm

Coach
Hey, fair enough.

You've pointed out issues I didn't think about.

I still think Mary is an incredibly poor leader (and I understand everyone deserves to unwind).

I don't like his style - but you've given me food for thought.

I surely shows a poor level of leadership when the Club extends Mary's contract even after poor performances and after a DUI charge. SGI management has politics before ethics.

Latest posts