What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy

Eion

First Grade
It’s interesting all this.

We’ve had mixed results when we’ve tried to go big names in coaching / front office in the past.

With Anderson and Sticky it seems they didn’t fit with the culture and maybe had different expectations around what the club could do resource wise.

You’d have to expect that bellyache would come in eyes wide open and it’s got to be worth the risk for us given his success over such a long period.

Worth it just to pizz off all the other teams

Weaponhead

Coach
It’s interesting all this.

We’ve had mixed results when we’ve tried to go big names in coaching / front office in the past.

With Anderson and Sticky it seems they didn’t fit with the culture and maybe had different expectations around what the club could do resource wise.

You’d have to expect that bellyache would come in eyes wide open and it’s got to be worth the risk for us given his success over such a long period.

Worth it just to pizz off all the other teams

Interesting points.

The Anderson appointment was specifically designed to change the culture of the club. Anderson seemed to think it should be destroyed to be rebuilt. The problem with that is that you need people to support the change. The nepotism around his son was also a mess.

Sticky came with a point to prove but struggled to deal with the lack of resources compared to Easts. He did some good things with junior structures and raised standard but this was never a destination job for him.

I imagine Bellamy's remit would be to set up and run the football operation to create a self sustaining system. Everything from talent identification, elite junior programs, coaching development, player development. Hopefully the resources will be available with the development coming together and return to Shark Park increasing revenue. The Sharks will never be in the same commercial league as but the joint is resilient.

The fact the talks have gone on for 6 months indicates Bellamy is interested. Smart business if it comes off.

Tiger Shark

Bench
If he was to relocate here full time I agree, but in that role I would hope a FIFO arrangement would work.
Didn't Dino try and get Gould into this role last year?

I recall reading something a while back when they were talking about Brisbane chasing him and they mentioned the plan was for him to work 3 to 4 days a week, some remote some onsite.

I'd imagine we'd be offering something similar.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
I find it funny the people who continually refer to us as "poor and how can they possibly afford it"?

Do these people not have an understanding of what has happened in the last few years?

Other clubs are under serious pressure, we are about as safe as we have ever been.

I would assume he would get an apartment so travel when he is here is nothing.

The helicopter idea is actually quite a good one, if possible.

The Bronco issue, there are issues re new CEO there and legal action from Storm,

And we don't know what relationship Bellamy had with him at Melbourne and I'd he wants to deal with that in Brisbane.

I think it won't come down to money as I would assume all will be in ball park, but what Bellyache believes he can do, and I think coming here, the one team which you would say was able to get under his skin, could be the challenge he wants

shadowboxer

First Grade
Aside from the recent summer holidays, Cronulla ain’t Sydney. For most part, it has decent access to the city, airport etc. I get it, I you everyone here is biased, but where would he rather be?

Special K

Coach
I also think with Bellamy a lot of the work would be done in the pre season where he being the control freak that he is would want to be around. I could see him doing 2-3 days during the season if that and via zoom the rest of the time. Plus with games in QLD/origin breaks he could sort things out nicely and stay from being bored.

He isn't the sort of bloke who would take the piss and if he needed to be here more he would be. He is a workaholic.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Has a massive legacy at risk too... where is he most likely to lose it?
I don’t reckon he’d want to be associated with a basket case like the Donkeys atm....they’re a few years off being competitive imo. If he’s looking for the ultimate challenge that’s probably it. Donkeys even know it....they’ve offered him a 10 year role apparently. Only problem with this being leaked is the Broncos will now throw the kitchen sink at him unfortunately.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
10 years reeks of desperation doesn’t it.

If I was Bellamy I’d accept it and make them hold it.
Looking at their roster I just can’t see how they don’t go back to back with the spoon. Fifita gone..... Katoni Staggs not back till mid season....Etc. They were the only two that had a crack last year. When Issac Luke is your number one Hooker you know you’re farked. I’m not sure that bellyache would want to walk into that shit-show.

Tiger Shark

Bench
If he really dose not like Sydney then we are F.

If Sydney was an issue then why would he be talking to us for 6 months or however long. Wouldn't it just be knocked on the head straight away ?

He must be open to it.

And I don't buy he's using us to bump his price. Broncos are offering him $1m to work 3 or 4 days a week. He doesn't need any help from us.