What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy

Special K

Coach
Gus oversees pathways for the Warriors.

Nobody knows what is going on with Bellamy besides our board who aren't leaking a thing. I find it surprising that if Bellamy was not coming that he would say "I'm still interested in the Sharks". Just knock it on the head if you have a deal done with the Storm. If it was the Broncos he said it about the media would be putting it on the back page.

fizman

Bench
Fellas! This is Rugby League - never say never!

Based on Modern History, Will Chambers is the last player I ever imagined wearing our beloved Sharks jersey.

If that can happen, anything can happen.

If not Bellamy, what would people think about Gould coming in as an option.

Good sounding board for Fitz, Fitz would be strong enough to keep Gus in his own lane, and Gus could work on the whole development model. Would also no doubt be good for business/sponsors etc.

Look where the Panthers are now - all 3 grades absolutely smashing it, excess players leaving and doing well at other clubs. Gus played a big part in where they’re at now.
Apparently Dino did sound out Gus a couple of years ago and he knocked it back.

@glenmoresharkie
Gus hate the Sharks? Nah, he hated Chris Anderson, he hated Ricky Stuart for a while, but ever since his son was involved in our pathways systems he has been quite positive towards the club.

Last edited:

Craigshark

First Grade
Gus oversees pathways for the Warriors.

Nobody knows what is going on with Bellamy besides our board who aren't leaking a thing. I find it surprising that if Bellamy was not coming that he would say "I'm still interested in the Sharks". Just knock it on the head if you have a deal done with the Storm. If it was the Broncos he said it about the media would be putting it on the back page.

agree with you. If he had committed to the storm like nrl360 think he has/will why wouldn’t he just say so.. “yeah I’ll be at Melbourne next year, we’re just finalising the final details of the contract.”

R-15-3

Bench
agree with you. If he had committed to the storm like nrl360 think he has/will why wouldn’t he just say so.. “yeah I’ll be at Melbourne next year, we’re just finalising the final details of the contract.”
100% he wouldn’t mention he is worried about losing motivation by going 1 year to long, wouldn’t have mentioned the sharks at all. Simple would of said I’m still deciding what I’ll do next year iv had a lot going on in my private life.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Quote from Mr Bellamy last night

"It’s just about getting players that care about the club, care about the team and care about their performance and they play to their strengths."

Wish we had more of those players.

sharkman73

Juniors
Quote from Mr Bellamy last night

"It’s just about getting players that care about the club, care about the team and care about their performance and they play to their strengths."

Wish we had more of those players.

Yep, McInnes will be one.

Woods on the other hand......

Tiger Shark

Bench
That was a great show.
Anyone who hasn't listened to this pod with Sam, do yourself a favour and have a listen.
No wonder people in Shark land don't mind letting him in with some info, and not that other thing.

That would have likely only been a fraction of the info he knows too. You can tell he's careful with what he talks about.

fizman

Bench
I am using all of my strength and will power not to reference, quote or hold accountable any of Riccio's comments during the Podcast, unlike you other Sharks supporters......:p

shadowboxer

First Grade
Clean slate next year hopefully. None of these lot coasting through having the odd decent game when they could be bothered.
Hence I can’t be bothered with what is happening at the moment, it had to get worse before it got better.
Where a lot of these blokes turn up will be great to watch.
Hey Woods there is a spot in the fringes of a New York club where that knob Tony Williams got rissoled from. He’d look good in NYC