What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamys Broncos vs Parramatta ELECTRIC eels

Dibs

Bench
That's a bit harsh. He isn't the one making all the unforced errors and because of all those unforced errors we are on the back foot and playing catch up footy. That is a load of unnecessary pressure on one player.

Norman hasn't helped in any way by stifling our attack 80% of the time he has the ball.

We were also lacking one of our best players in Gutho for 7 games, Hayne has played a handful. Take was out as well. Brown has been out along with Mannah and Scott. Now we don't have Edwards.

Sure we're not going great and i am not saying that he is perfect but to doubt him because he isn't winning games because our team has a case of the dropsies is pretty unfair.
Outside of gutho he is the player trying his hardest, but he really needs to get his kicking game back to where it was. Most of his attacking kicks are coming down well short of the try line. They need to be landing no more then a couple of metres out

That's a bit harsh. He isn't the one making all the unforced errors and because of all those unforced errors we are on the back foot and playing catch up footy. That is a load of unnecessary pressure on one player.

Norman hasn't helped in any way by stifling our attack 80% of the time he has the ball.

We were also lacking one of our best players in Gutho for 7 games, Hayne has played a handful. Take was out as well. Brown has been out along with Mannah and Scott. Now we don't have Edwards.

Sure we're not going great and i am not saying that he is perfect but to doubt him because he isn't winning games because our team has a case of the dropsies is pretty unfair.
Yeah all that but I think he's looked bad of late too. Poor kicking, poor choices and his passes seem telegraphed. I like that he puts in but there's also something to be said for a cool head.

Joely01

Bench
Yeah i am a bit shocked how much people are talking up normans game last night ... he had to do more cos fullbacks must catch the ball and return it ... popped in the line a bit .... but wasnt particularly great

Exactly.
He still did his stupid stop and skip in attack. Sooner he goes the better

Gazzamatta

Coach
Moses charged by Match Review Committee
Author
parraeels.com.au
Parramatta Eels halfback Mitchell Moses has been charged by the NRL Match Review Committee following the Club’s Round 12 clash against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium last night (Thursday 24 May).

Moses was penalised for an incident involving Broncos Jordan Kahu in the 14th minute of the clash, attracting a Grade 1 High Tackle – Careless offence.

The base penalty for the charge is a $1,500 fine, but can be reduced to $1,100 with an early guilty plea.

Moses will be free to play in the Eels Round 13 clash against the Newcastle Knights at ANZ Stadium on Saturday 2 June.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/05/25/moses-charged-by-match-review-committee/
I see Lodge was charged for his whack on Terepo at 74th minute. What about the f'n smash to Takas nose at 62 mins 45. Do these bast**ds even watch?

Eelementary

Post Whore

I have almost zero confidence in him when we get to the attacking red zone.

Moses is all about the highlight reel plays, but seems unable or unwilling to buckle down, and produce smart attacking football.

I got caught in the hype, but his last few weeks have left me wondering if the Tigers fans may have been right...

Honestly, I don't see the fuss in him.

But maybe that's because the team, as a whole, is horrible, and it is affecting his confidence.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I thought his defence last night was outstanding. Had big boppers running at him all night. Was really tough. His first week running the show. I personally think he will improve. Has lots of courage. Hopefully his shortcomings can be supported by strong coaching.

Points well made but what we dont know is if the reduction/change in support staff was forced or supported. Does BA want the right sort of assistance or does he want to do it all his way?
Time for Bernie to do his f'n job and managed this cluster f**k of a set up we have.
Just my opinion of cause.

I have read on here in the last week or so (from sourced articles) that A) Brad does want help and missed out on his preferred option, and B) Bernie is all for getting Brad the help he requires as far as a HOFM position goes.
I'm sure it's happening and am glad that they seem to be being patient about it rather than rushing into it just to have one. Hopefully we will get a good one.

Why does Taka deserve to go straight back out an edge???

He offered SFA his first two game there.

With Brown back Mau and Tep should be our starting edge forwards and Gowie can play at a pinch.

Young Marata looked ok in his short space out there Taka on form should be arseholed. Just a brain Fart machine,

I agree. He either plays center with instructions from the coach that if he ever rushes out of the D line again he will be a Wenty permanent, or plays 14.

hindy111

Post Whore
I know it doesn't mean much but I thought you guys were really good last night.

Ashley Klien and his assistants laid the early platform for the Bronco's and from that point on you guys were playing catch up which is very hard to do.

The rub of green and bounce of the ball simply didn't go the way of the Eels which was a shame given the effort of the team as a whole.

As a neutral fan watching on, something needs to be done about the kicking game and last tackle options which was an obvious area where you let yourselves down.

It is understandable there is a lot of doom and gloom on here but I think you are only a couple of quality players short of being a real strong side.

A panthers fan. Good luck tonight brother

Dibs

Bench
I have read on here in the last week or so (from sourced articles) that A) Brad does want help and missed out on his preferred option, and B) Bernie is all for getting Brad the help he requires as far as a HOFM position goes.
I'm sure it's happening and am glad that they seem to be being patient about it rather than rushing into it just to have one. Hopefully we will get a good one.
Not good enough. There are plenty of applicants on here that can buy any player we want and remove any player we don’t as well as know exactly what problems need the most attention. BA should have hired one of them by now and we would be top 4 with Klemmer, Kourisou(sp) Manly hooker, Ponga, three best fattest middle forwards in the game, and one of any possible half other than Norman would absolutely tearing teams apart.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
MZ5_rVz2_400x400.jpg