What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Barba...the next slater?

Earl

Coach
A couple of replicas from cash converters would do the trick, they'd be just as legitimate.

I know you must do most of your shopping at cash converters, but do you seriously think they'd bother selling replica rings?

POPEYE

Coach
A yabby in the hand is worth two in the bush

You underestimate the yabby friend. Upon arrival at the campsite the first thing that can't be postponed is digging out the nets and cans of tuna, rushing around the dams on 30 thousand acres and sinking the traps. Only then can the firewood for a week be gathered and the camp oven be put in place for the duration, to be added to occasionally with a chicken, can of tomatoes or kilo of spuds. When rations and swags are stowed away the dogs are fitted with breastplates and tracking collars, eskies filled with beer and the trucks are off into the dusk. Come sunup next morning a 30 kmph crawl all night has seen the eskies emptied of beer and replaced by yabbies to compliment the ten or so dead pigs hanging on the racks. On arrival back at the camp the yabbies are put into boiling water and piled to overflowing on a garbage lid which floats on the surface of the warm bore bath in which we are all soaking. Bottles of Jack and Jim are opened to top the night off. The significance of the yabbies is more than just to let us all know thaqt we're not in heaven but close . . . most of all they signify that women are left far behind

StormHi

Juniors
You underestimate the yabby friend. Upon arrival at the campsite the first thing that can't be postponed is digging out the nets and cans of tuna, rushing around the dams on 30 thousand acres and sinking the traps. Only then can the firewood for a week be gathered and the camp oven be put in place for the duration, to be added to occasionally with a chicken, can of tomatoes or kilo of spuds. When rations and swags are stowed away the dogs are fitted with breastplates and tracking collars, eskies filled with beer and the trucks are off into the dusk. Come sunup next morning a 30 kmph crawl all night has seen the eskies emptied of beer and replaced by yabbies to compliment the ten or so dead pigs hanging on the racks. On arrival back at the camp the yabbies are put into boiling water and piled to overflowing on a garbage lid which floats on the surface of the warm bore bath in which we are all soaking. Bottles of Jack and Jim are opened to top the night off. The significance of the yabbies is more than just to let us all know thaqt we're not in heaven but close . . . most of all they signify that women are left far behind

Soooooo pops what I got from this and correct me if I am wrong is..... Blah blah yabbies blah blah beer blah blah blah group bath with dudes blah blah Popeyes hates chicks and prefers the company of men???

Mmmm,m not sayin your gay or anything but goddamn your making a compelling case for it ;-)

Ladmate

Bench
I didn't say Tedesco was the next Slater, I said if there there was a next Slater (which there won't be) it would be him.

POPEYE

Coach
Soooooo pops what I got from this and correct me if I am wrong is..... Blah blah yabbies blah blah beer blah blah blah group bath with dudes blah blah Popeyes hates chicks and prefers the company of men???

Mmmm,m not sayin your gay or anything but goddamn your making a compelling case for it ;-)

You can get from it what you feel you need. I'm happy with the simpler things in life that I can use to make whatever time is left enjoyable. If you would be happy working on a Pommie evening rag so be it.

I'm not really into death of feral animals . . . mainly tag along for the camaraderie

Talanexor

Juniors
Barba is a lot more like Bowen. A five-eighth who is playing fullback to hide their defensive deficiencies. Although Bowen's defense has been much much better in recent seasons.

The question that nobody ever seems to ask is - would Slater still have the same impact if he played in a team without Cronk and Smith?

OVP

Coach
Bad Dogs bad dogs
Watcha gonna do ?
Watcha gonna do
when Uncle Nick poaches him from you ?

MrT

Juniors
Barba is a lot more like Bowen. A five-eighth who is playing fullback to hide their defensive deficiencies. Although Bowen's defense has been much much better in recent seasons.

The question that nobody ever seems to ask is - would Slater still have the same impact if he played in a team without Cronk and Smith?

and there you have it. Sure Slater is great but he's had the luxury of devloping his game playing with world class playmakers his WHOLE career. Could he carry a ordinary team to a GF like Hayne did in 09 with arguably the worst halves pairing to ever play a GF ( Rpbson and Mortimer)?????

POPEYE

Coach
and there you have it. Sure Slater is great but he's had the luxury of devloping his game playing with world class playmakers his WHOLE career. Could he carry a ordinary team to a GF like Hayne did in 09 with arguably the worst halves pairing to ever play a GF ( Rpbson and Mortimer)?????

Dearie me

firechild

First Grade
I know you must do most of your shopping at cash converters, but do you seriously think they'd bother selling replica rings?

If I did most of my shopping at CC wouldn't I be familiar with their offerings? Clearly you're much more familiar with what they sell. I haven't been to a CC for about 15 years but the point remains. Slater's premiership rings are about as legit as any replica.

Snappy

Coach
Has he learnt how to slide in feet first for try saving tackles yet ? Needs to pick that up to be like billy

stormbati

Bench

:roll: Really unfair mate! Slater makes players around him better.
Throw Hayne into the Melbourne Storm and Hayne would have far more opportunities in attack but in every other area of his game, he would be a let-down!

Throw Slater into Parra, will have far less opportunities but he wouldnt lose work ethic one bit.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
every part of Slaters game
is better than any other current fullback.
Could Slater throw a three-man cut-out pass from left to right to hit his winger on the chest in full flight like Jarryd Hayne did last weekend?

Or run straight over the top of forwards like Hayne has done many times?

Slater is good, but every part of his game is not better than every other current fullback

dogslife

Coach
Hayne's also got a 3000% higher chance of going missing when his team needs him too. And who'll ever forget him making a break in origin only to throw the next pass to the bloke eating a meat pie in the fourth row

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Hayne's also got a 3000% higher chance of going missing when his team needs him too. And who'll ever forget him making a break in origin only to throw the next pass to the bloke eating a meat pie in the fourth row

What's your point? I never said Hayne's fullback game is better than Slater's. (For the last two years with him basically playing 6 he hasn't been able to compete with Billy as a fullback.) Try to follow the conversation - the bloke said Billy was better in every aspect of his game than every other fullback. That's just rubbish.

Latest posts