What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Barba...the next slater?

grouch

First Grade
Ridiculous thread. Kelly Slater has won 11 world titles, and I dont think Barba even knows how to boogie board

Ladmate

Bench
James Tedesco looked great in 30 minutes. If anyone is the next Slater it's him. He just turned 19 and he has plenty of room to grow. Their skillsets are similar and both possess a typical fullback game that does not involve much playmaking.

Mr Fourex

Bench
This guy is a bonafide freak!

How lucky are we to have him in the game. Been watching him since the Reggie's and always knew he would make it if he could raise his defensive skills a bit. If he keeps his head on, I can see him being up there with slater one day. So many freakish plays in such a short career already

Second year syndrome? Not for Benny!

Probably will fall in a hole and turn into another would be if he could be now that you've wrapped him

dickfist.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
why must he be the next so and so

Who was Slater consider to be the next version of?

Don't be trying to get a Slater out of him, hope he stays like Barba

betcats

Referee
James Tedesco looked great in 30 minutes. If anyone is the next Slater it's him. He just turned 19 and he has plenty of room to grow. Their skillsets are similar and both possess a typical fullback game that does not involve much playmaking.

Not saying he will or wont be but bloody hell talk about going off early.

Hanscholo

Bench
Barba has too many holes in his game to be as good as slater. He reminds me more of a rod silva type.

Earl

Coach
I don't think Ben Barba has 11 World Titles in him tbh.

Definately not the next Kelly Slater

perverse

Referee
big call after 30 minutes of NRL football. rofl.

i somewhat agree with the bloke who said Barba will be more like the next Matty Bowen. excellent, dangerous, highly respected player. won't reach Slaters lofty heights, though. may have an unmemorable fade towards the end of his career similar to Presto. actually, Barba reminds me quite a lot of a young Presto, perhaps a bit better even.

Earl

Coach
If Kevin Locke is the next Billy Slater and Ben Barba is the next Kevin Locke who is the next Marmin Barba?

and were does this leave Michael Gordon?

Big MG clearly stated at the start of the season that Michael Gordon was the next Billy Slater.

I think the real question that needs to be answered is;

Is Micheal Gordon the next James Tedesco?

perverse

Referee
If Kevin Locke is the next Billy Slater and Ben Barba is the next Kevin Locke who is the next Marmin Barba?

and were does this leave Michael Gordon?

Big MG clearly stated at the start of the season that Michael Gordon was the next Billy Slater.

I think the real question that needs to be answered is;

Is Micheal Gordon the next James Tedesco?
:lol:

f**king perfect. 10/10.

firechild

First Grade
I reckon if Barba starts throwing boots into players and maybe signing an extra contract here and there then this claim might be heading towards the right mark.

Earl

Coach
Still has a fair way to go tbh.

Would also need a Dally M Medal, a Clive Churchill Medal, 2 Premiership Rings, A Golden Boot Award, 17 appearances for both state and country, twice crowned australias greatest athlete and twice international player of the year.

I don't think Barba is as fast as Billy either.

Godz Illa

Coach

Would also need a Dally M Medal, a Clive Churchill Medal, 2 Premiership Rings, A Golden Boot Award, 17 appearances for both state and country, twice crowned australias greatest athlete and twice international player of the year.
And two contracts

POPEYE

Coach
I reckon if Barba starts throwing boots into players and maybe signing an extra contract here and there then this claim might be heading towards the right mark.

Never play marbles with you fc, especially if they were yours. Still count them every day

firechild

First Grade

I don't think Barba is as fast as Billy either.

A couple of replicas from cash converters would do the trick, they'd be just as legitimate.

Latest posts