What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Barba...the next slater?

effnic

Bench
I remember that great try saving tackle by barba on george rose last year bahahahahahaaaa

betcats

Referee
I didn't say Tedesco was the next Slater, I said if there there was a next Slater (which there won't be) it would be him.

So you can tell the kid is more likely to turn out like arguably the best FB ever then every other FB out there from 30mins of first grade?

Earl

Coach
Tedesco has huuuuugggggggge wraps.

From my experience anyone who has big wraps put on them from an early age nearly always turns out to be a league legend.

tangalife

Juniors
kevin locke is a closer type player to billy slater than barba IMO.

however I think locke will either end up being converted to 5/8 or wasted on the wing if he stays at the warriors (making room for glen fisiahi)

Hayne's also got a 3000% higher chance of going missing when his team needs him too. And who'll ever forget him making a break in origin only to throw the next pass to the bloke eating a meat pie in the fourth row

Yeah you're right. Ben Barba always shows up come finals time. Some call him the Reggie Jackson of Rugby League.

Probably better throwing it into the stands than at the chest of Benji Marshall.

ellskimore

Juniors
Love watching him play. He is the most explosive attacking player in the competition for mine. You don't see many scoring or setting up those long range tries so frequently.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great runner of the ball but needs to develop a passing game to take him to the next level.

I don't think that try he scored was that Impressive. He broke through two defenders tackles both of which are pedestrian and there was never any last line of defence aside from Burt which isn't overly difficult to get past. Was just terrible terrible defence from Parramatta

MatthewA

Juniors
I don't think that try he scored was that Impressive. He broke through two defenders tackles both of which are pedestrian and there was never any last line of defence aside from Burt which isn't overly difficult to get past. Was just terrible terrible defence from Parramatta

You could describe any try by any player like that. You make it sound so simply in saying "Well he really only broke a tackle which was a shit attempt anyway and then he ran around the fullback but he isn't a good defender and then raced 100m to score."

Cliffhanger

Coach
kevin locke is a closer type player to billy slater than barba IMO.

however I think locke will either end up being converted to 5/8 or wasted on the wing if he stays at the warriors (making room for glen fisiahi)

Last season I would have said Locke has better hands than Slater.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Played Hoffman out of the No1 Kiwi jesey for me. Great to see competition for places in Kiwi side.

Latest posts