What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Cross

Alex28

Coach
Small article in the Sun-Herald today - he says he feels close to playing again, surgeon (or more correctly his receptionist) says no chance. Is keen for a full off-season "give a bit of worth back to the club" and is keen to re-sign for another two years.

I'd say a fair bit depends on what he does next year. He'll be 31 at the end of this contract? I guess he'd have 2 decent seasons in him after this contract...

perverse

Referee
if he's genuinely keen to give back to the club then he would have to resign at a very reduced contract and work his arse off. i'd take him for another couple of years on a much smaller contract, but if he wants similar money he can get stuffed. too much of a gamble having that bloke on big money.

Karmawave

Bench
If he wants to put back into the club, donate some of his massive contract back into the coffers.

Yeah like hell.

Hanscholo

Bench
We ned to keep Cross at the right price. We just dont have enough props of age to be cutting veterans loose. I dont think he is as good as he is cracked up to be, but we still need him.

No. ESL for you Ben or back to Storm would be my guess. I reckon Bellamy will consider signing him next season. I want a hard edged durable prop. Jason King would be perfect but he is staying at Manly i believe. That Miller kid from Canberra is a player I would sign. He is a hardcore SOB. He pummelled Poore and Weyman all night long.

Nuffy

Bench
If he wants to agree to taking what the Knights can justify, i.e about half what hes on now, then lets go.

I can't see any club, including ours offering big money based on his durability (or lack thereof).

Stranger

Coach
No. ESL for you Ben or back to Storm would be my guess. I reckon Bellamy will consider signing him next season. I want a hard edged durable prop. Jason King would be perfect but he is staying at Manly i believe. That Miller kid from Canberra is a player I would sign. He is a hardcore SOB. He pummelled Poore and Weyman all night long.

If you ever throw the name Jason King and the Knights again i will smack you.

:lol:

K-Man

Bench
We ned to keep Cross at the right price. We just dont have enough props of age to be cutting veterans loose. I dont think he is as good as he is cracked up to be, but we still need him.

I agree. Our go-forward in the second half of the season has been close to dreadful. We struggle to get out of our end far too often. A fit Cross is at least one forward who can genuinely gain some metres and get some momentum.

Of course the key to it all is the "at the right price" part. If it's anything close to what we paid for him originally then no thanks, let's find somebody younger and less injury-prone.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
It doesn't surprise me that our lack of go forward starting happening at the time when Mcmanus got injured. He was incredibly valuable getting us a role on early in our sets

macavity

Referee
Of course the key to it all is the "at the right price" part. If it's anything close to what we paid for him originally then no thanks, let's find somebody younger and less injury-prone.

Cross has made relatively bugger all from footy, and has a family to consider - cannot blame him taking whatever big contract is thrown at him. I would be very surprised if he is here past next year.

Smith Machine

Juniors
What is the big deal about ben cross. from what i have seen when playing from the knights and NSW he has been very ordinary. Definintely do not sign him again. He is two big and too slow for the NRL. Gee we need someone with the go forward of a fui fui moi moi.

BG

Juniors
It doesn't surprise me that our lack of go forward starting happening at the time when Mcmanus got injured. He was incredibly valuable getting us a role on early in our sets

Agree. We have been missing McManus's go forward off our own line a lot more than has been widely acknowledged.

perverse

Referee
i was about to say that richie is like a leaner, more agile version of fui.

has a few more ball skills before the line too, that we've seen every now and then... particularly working with wicksy.

Pika

Bench
Who is bagging Moi Moi?

I was surprised that someone would suggest that Cross was to big for NRL, then comment on Moi Moi.... who is much bigger.

Latest posts