What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Cummins

neeknitsuj

Juniors
It wasn't high at all. It was across the chest, Jeremy Smith slapped his arm upwards to make it seem high, and when he didn't get a penalty he decided to have a bitch slap contest with Anasta, which Smith obviously won.

neeknitsuj said:
It wasn't high at all. It was across the chest, Jeremy Smith slapped his arm upwards to make it seem high, and when he didn't get a penalty he decided to have a bitch slap contest with Anasta, which Smith obviously won.

that might be the case, I'll need to have a look at it again, although from the first view it seemed a bit careless.

D

Deleted member 10972

Ben Cummins F--- Ups To Keep LOL@SOUFFS In The Game, as posted in the match thread

- John Williams catching the ball in his in-goal, line dropout
- Fitzgibbon's knock on that never touched the ground
- Lopini Paea's knock on with Jeremy Smith all over the ball
- Penalty against Roosters for forcing Gordon back into his in-goal
- Drop out by Roosters for Sam Perrett being pushed into a rolling ball, never played at it
- 6 again for SOUFFS when John Williams leg made contact with a SOUFFS dropped ball
- Braith Anasta being penalized for a grapple that wasn't a grapple
- David Fa'alogo not being sent off for good for hitting Braith square in the jaw
- Braith Anasta getting penalized & sin-binned for putting a good hit on Jeremy Smith
- Jeremy Smith getting nothing for his violent, fist-throwing retaliation
- Referring Monaghan's try to the video ref, where even he was against us, as the ball Monas 'dropped' was always in contact with his hand, never technically lost.

Concierge

Juniors
David Puddy said:
Punching Anasta in the mouth should not be an offence. In fact it should be encouraged

Were did you come from you wank, keep blowing your self and stop posting rubbish

also, it just came to me. did anyone hear when anasta got bitch slapped he said something along the lines of "how about that tackle huh?" :lol:

Tom Ace

Bench
MadDogMason said:
Worst performance by a ref I have ever seen. I wonder how much Russel Crowe was paying him

I'm guessing not enough after all.

Despite being paid to get them to at least 20 or 30 they only managed 12!

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Goes to show how useless Souffs are.. The NRL have done there very best to ensure Souths make the 8 but not even the ref could save them tonight..

Souths were unbeaten under Cummins, heading into tonight's match. It doesn't take a genius to work out that he tried desperately to keep that record intact. He is a Souths supporter from way back ...

cq

Juniors
Like all refs with not a lot of experience in the top grade, he will make f**k ups. I remember how bad Shayne Hayne was when he started out. Thankfully, he didn't cost the better team the win.

thommo4pm

Coach
Cummins is woeful and has not improved one bit since coming into 1st grade.
He is as arrogant as you can get also.

He screwed us over at WIN stadium against the Dogs royal.
That bastard cost us that match, I'm glad others are finally starting to see what I've been saying for the whole year about this turd.
He also hammered us against the Tigers at Telstra Stadium this year.

The guy is pathetic, and his performance tonight against the Roosters was nothing short of a disgrace.

Frailty

First Grade
The Mack said:
Ben Cummins F--- Ups To Keep LOL@SOUFFS In The Game, as posted in the match thread

- John Williams catching the ball in his in-goal, line dropout
- Fitzgibbon's knock on that never touched the ground
- Lopini Paea's knock on with Jeremy Smith all over the ball
- Penalty against Roosters for forcing Gordon back into his in-goal
- Drop out by Roosters for Sam Perrett being pushed into a rolling ball, never played at it
- 6 again for SOUFFS when John Williams leg made contact with a SOUFFS dropped ball
- Braith Anasta being penalized for a grapple that wasn't a grapple
- David Fa'alogo not being sent off for good for hitting Braith square in the jaw
- Braith Anasta getting penalized & sin-binned for putting a good hit on Jeremy Smith
- Jeremy Smith getting nothing for his violent, fist-throwing retaliation
- Referring Monaghan's try to the video ref, where even he was against us, as the ball Monas 'dropped' was always in contact with his hand, never technically lost.

1. To the referees defence.... Shadowing the ball over the touch, touch in goal, and dead ball lines is counted as 'Playing at the ball'. Thus, by the laws of the game, it was the right decision when he came into contact with the ball.
  2. This should be treated as one incident. It was a grapple/chokehold. Fa'alogo shouldn't have been sent off because he did everyone a favour by hitting Braith... In all seriousness though, he hadn't caused any trouble earlier in the game and was a retaliation to the chokehold. Whilst this doesnt exuse his behaviour, it does attribute some mitigating factors. The sin bin was good use because it sent a message to Fa'alogo without going overboard with punishment.
Wasn't Cummins best game, but he has done a lot better than a lot of the 'experienced' referees. Also would like to note how well Bernard Sutton went in the Canberra-Sharks game. Know him from local district referees, and he will be a great asset to the NRL.