What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Matulino

Cold Roses

Juniors
Even the way he's been playing for the last few seasons, inconsistent at best, strangely below par at worst.

At his worst he's more effective than any other prop we have. Lillyman can make the metres but can't bring to the table what Matulino can. If he comes back hungry and wanting to prove a point, both the Warriors and a Kiwis are going to be hugely better for it. I'm probably more intrigued by his return than by Forans debut.

Blair

Coach
At his worst he's more effective than any other prop we have. Lillyman can make the metres but can't bring to the table what Matulino can. If he comes back hungry and wanting to prove a point, both the Warriors and a Kiwis are going to be hugely better for it. I'm probably more intrigued by his return than by Forans debut.

Yes. Let's hope the coach can do something with a fit and firing RTS, Foran and Matulino on the field at the same time. Those three walk into any other starting NRL side, as we know.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Even the way he's been playing for the last few seasons, inconsistent at best, strangely below par at worst.

Agreed. Someone made that point last year, that even though Ben was playing well below his level, he was still well above anyone else's in terms of metres etc.

Just really shits me that the dunce coach that benched him consistently from kickoff, following a massive 2015 where he was POTY, is still at the club. Ben must look over at McFudd and think 'what the f**k, I thought I'd seen the back of him'. I'd like to think we'd re-sign him but gee, can't blame him if he feels like he needs a fresh start.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If I was a betting man I would say Tigers if Cleary ends up head coach.

He had his bags packed ready to join the Panthers last time, I doubt we'll be stopping him this time.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Funny, I thought to myself 'he probably won't re-sign' last night without seeing 360.

We are utterly f**ked if he goes. It'll be Penrith five year plan rebuild sort of stuff, and without the right staff to pull it off. Absolutely no props with experience/and-or skill (barring Bull who is getting ever near retirement).

Not being funny but doesn't Tohu have until July or something to change his mind? I think we're lucky in the sense that his wife/family are committed to coming home. But holy shit I cannot see how anyone will be convinced to come here next year and beyond. And I don't at all feel like that's overreaction.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Well that would be another nail in our coffin.

You're bloody right. Would you blame him? Every day the coach who dropped him to the bench, reducing his minutes then increasing them in a panic, after a starring POTY 2015 stares him in the face. There's a five year stench around the club. There's incompetence all around him.

The Tigers and Ivan will happily have him. So will most clubs. We'd have to hope his Mrs bloody loves Auckland.

Latest posts