What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Matulino

WellsNZ

Juniors
As much as they may need what he can bring, his name always seems to be there or thereabouts when the culture issues come up so long term maybe for the best.

But they really to address the prop issue somehow.

Funny, I thought to myself 'he probably won't re-sign' last night without seeing 360.

We are utterly f**ked if he goes. It'll be Penrith five year plan rebuild sort of stuff, and without the right staff to pull it off. Absolutely no props with experience/and-or skill (barring Bull who is getting ever near retirement).

Not being funny but doesn't Tohu have until July or something to change his mind? I think we're lucky in the sense that his wife/family are committed to coming home. But holy shit I cannot see how anyone will be convinced to come here next year and beyond. And I don't at all feel like that's overreaction.

that changed to a 10 day cooling off period.
hes coming

Iafeta

Referee
It was only 2 years ago Iirc he was our POTY. It'd be a shame if he's moving on.

I see an article mentioning that there could be a player swap of Matulino and Woods. Surely that's just an outlandish paper filler article?

WellsNZ

Juniors
I think there'd be about zero chance of Woods coming to NZ. Some Sydney team will pay him a fortune, he's doing the TV shows, he's going to be a mainstay in NSW for a long time to come and possibly end up their captain. Hard to see any reason he'd leave Sydney unless he got paid a huge amount but he will get that anyway.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
As much as they may need what he can bring, his name always seems to be there or thereabouts when the culture issues come up so long term maybe for the best.

But they really to address the prop issue somehow.

That's true, Ben has never been interested in being a leader. I'd like to see how he'll be under Kearney before I say he's better off elsewhere.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Talk rife Ben's on his way out heading to the Tigers under Ivan. And it seems it's that same talk that had Dean Whare heading there as well. Until he signed for more 4 yrs with Penrith that is. Here's hoping the talk about Ben leaving is just that?? Hopefully we hear some soon about what he's doing ..... Like signing up for a few more re years!!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
They've moved onto the Cleary/SJ connection now.

Face it, anyone who played under Cleary is going to get linked to him. We should expect a whole lot more of this.

Blair

Coach
They've moved onto the Cleary/SJ connection now.

Face it, anyone who played under Cleary is going to get linked to him. We should expect a whole lot more of this.

More than just 'linked', I reckon. Those players who played under Cleary at the Warriors would also 'want' to play under him again.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Many have played under Kearney for the Kiwis, some may prefer him.

There's merit in that comment, but that goodwill might be stretched if they miss the finals for the sixth straight year.

On balance, we'd expect an Ivan Cleary-coached Warriors to have made this year's play-offs.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
There's merit in that comment, but that goodwill might be stretched if they miss the finals for the sixth straight year.

On balance, we'd expect an Ivan Cleary-coached Warriors to have made this year's play-offs.

Yeah of course but that's next year, Kearney has goodwill to work with for this year's negotiations at least. Next year, well we better hope things gel and he gets some results.

Rich102

Staff member
Scarey thought; we may lose Foran, Johnson and Lillyman.
Consolation . We still have Manu. (He might even play a game or two).

normally my responce to people coming back from injury is to give them a run in reserve grade first eg manu but with the raiders the next game he has to start in first grade as the 4th prop

Latest posts