What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Murdoch Masila

Das Hassler

Bench
I think the (look what happened with) Fafita stuff is a little irrelevant...if it wasn't for 30 seconds where he couldn't keep his mouth shut he'd have waved bye bye to the Sharks and be at the dogs for the big bucks ...if we hadn't have let him go we wouldn't have held on to him for long anyway..he'd be somewhere else by now so i think we can let it go already

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't see why Fifita is at all relevant. He always performed to a high level and his ability should have been obvious to everyone.

BMM has been with the Tigers for a while and he hasn't consistently performed however I'd like him to stay. I think at prop he can be a really good NRL player.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I don't see why Fifita is at all relevant. He always performed to a high level and his ability should have been obvious to everyone.

BMM has been with the Tigers for a while and he hasn't consistently performed however I'd like him to stay. I think at prop he can be a really good NRL player.

It's a completely relevant comparison. The situation is almost identical. Two power forwards with massive potential that never quite realised it while at the Tigers (albeit Fifita wasn't used properly by Sheens). We let Fifita go and he's now one of the premier forwards in the game. There's every chance if we let BMM go he could do the same.

My angle here is not to harp on about losing Fifita, I got over that long ago. I'm just pointing out that there are striking similarities to the situations.

Tiger05

First Grade
It's a completely relevant comparison.

I disagree. Fifita to me was killing it and it was obvious. BMM hasn't been killing it and hasn't even had a chance in first grade this season.

BMM may turn into a player as good as Fifita but he is a long way off. I personally think he has the potential or close to it however that potential has never been realised. I don't see Fifita playing any better at Cronulla than what he was playing with us.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm hearing BMM is off to the Panthers, could be a mid-year transfer. It's a bummer but at the end of the day he needs to do what's right for him.

I guess I'll have to change my avatar....

Radical Rat

Juniors
I don't see Fifita playing any better at Cronulla than what he was playing with us.

Then you are insane. Fifita was playing cameo roles off the bench for us. It was presumed he didn't have the motor to play big minutes. That myth has been well and truly shattered at the Sharks. He is now considered one of, if not the best prop in the game.

Either way at the Sharks he is now a SOO and Australian representative. At the Tigers he was a bench forward in and out of first grade.

Tiger05

First Grade
Then you are insane. Fifita was playing cameo roles off the bench for us. It was presumed he didn't have the motor to play big minutes. That myth has been well and truly shattered at the Sharks. He is now considered one of, if not the best prop in the game.

Either way at the Sharks he is now a SOO and Australian representative. At the Tigers he was a bench forward in and out of first grade.

I just didn't see it that way at that time. I saw Fifita as a gun when he was with us. Its cool to disagree but if you couldn't see he was a gun I think you were just a poor judge at that point in time.

I thought he was in and out of first grade because Sheens had no idea when it came to Fifita. BMM to me is in a completely different position in that he has had heaps of chances and has never really converted those chances. I still think BMM is a potential gun and I'd like to see him get a prop position in our team either starting or on the bench however I have no idea who to drop to give him a chance.

I think BMM is one of those players like Fifita if you just selected him for a prolonged period,and told him what you expected based around his skills he would than deliver the goods.Last year he seemed to be coming along, but unfortunately it now seems he has had a falling out with the coaching staff and now he is being squeezed out of WT.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I just didn't see it that way at that time. I saw Fifita as a gun when he was with us. Its cool to disagree but if you couldn't see he was a gun I think you were just a poor judge at that point in time.

I thought he was in and out of first grade because Sheens had no idea when it came to Fifita. BMM to me is in a completely different position in that he has had heaps of chances and has never really converted those chances. I still think BMM is a potential gun and I'd like to see him get a prop position in our team either starting or on the bench however I have no idea who to drop to give him a chance.

I could definitely see he was a gun. As I said in a previous post he wasn't used properly by Sheens. But whatever spin you put on it he never realised his potential at the Tigers. Yes he was playing well off the bench for 20 minutes a game. But he is now an absolute star. The only point I am trying to make is that BMM is in a very similar boat. As in if he leaves he could start filling that enormous potential at another club.

gronkathon

First Grade
I wouldn't call it a falling out.

At full strength who would you replace in our 17 to promote him?

IMO if Farah was playing BMM would have been a straight swap in for Gavet

super_coach

First Grade
Potters idea of a forward is player who can hit hard and often in both attack and defense.

BMM is a punishing runner of the ball and can hit hard but both these qualities are not used enough. His work rate just is not high enough. Okay in a team where they want him for impact and not work rate he will do well, but Potter wants all players to share the load

The improved performances of both Blair and Thompson doesn't help his cause , if I had to single a player out that BMM could replace it would be Ava.

Tiger05

First Grade
The improved performances of both Blair and Thompson doesn't help his cause , if I had to single a player out that BMM could replace it would be Ava.

The thing is Ava is also a gun. He just bangs it up. He isn't as explosive but he rarely has an error in his game and he gets consistent metres.

We have a lot of quality props at this point.

TYGA

Juniors
BMM wouldn't be the first person I would release: Moltzen, Patterson, Lulia come to mind first but no one would take them.

He has been outplayed by current crop: Ava, Fulton, Blair, Thompson are all better and then you have young Sirro and Sue. BMM would also be on a decent contract as he did show promise so its smart to release and reinvest in the outside backs.

Blair and Thomo have had their share of average games for the WT in the past , since the WT have lifted their performance this year so too have this pair, BMM has not had a chance this year to showcase what he may be capable of in FG and quite possibly may not get the chance as it is usually hard to change a winning team.