What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Ross and the Penrith club deserve an explanation.

The Mighty Panther said:
Renowned League Fraud said:
The Mighty Panther said:
The Mighty Panther said:
Ross -- the big-mouthed dog who runs to the media every time he feels he's been wronged -- will just have to wait until next year to play his 15 minutes per game ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Least he has heart.

Unlike Chris "AWOL" Walker.

15 minutes per game? Yet he makes State of Origin?

You are one certified, bona fide loser renowned league fraud.

Walker's played State of Origin, too, if you want to use that as a criteria for toughness ... :)

Can't you read dimwit??

I said Ben Ross has heart!!!!

Chris "AWOL" Walker runs from trouble................

Grow a f**ken brain league fraud

Ross is a dog with a big mouth and not one ounce of ability to back it up.

Do yourself a favour renowned league fraud, and go and purchase a copy of the NRL 2003 Telstra Premiership Grand Final.

Sit though the game and watch Ben Ross in action. Not even Morley could slow him down.

Ross is a champion. Your own pair of forwards couldn't even contain him.

Give up league fraud. You've got nothing sunshine.

LOL. It's easy to look strong when you're only playing 20 minutes a game. Compare how many minutes Ross played to, say, Morley or Cayless.

The Mighty Panther said:
The Mighty Panther said:
The Mighty Panther said:
Ross -- the big-mouthed dog who runs to the media every time he feels he's been wronged -- will just have to wait until next year to play his 15 minutes per game ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Least he has heart.

Walker's played State of Origin, too, if you want to use that as a criteria for toughness ... :)

Can't you read dimwit??

Do yourself a favour renowned league fraud, and go and purchase a copy of the NRL 2003 Telstra Premiership Grand Final.

Sit though the game and watch Ben Ross in action. Not even Morley could slow him down.

LOL. It's easy to look strong when you're only playing 20 minutes a game. Compare how many minutes Ross played to, say, Morley or Cayless.

As I said to you before fraud, go and watch the GF again and see for yourself.

You'll be able to see that your argument, just like everything else that comes out of that septic tank you call a mouth, is nothing but a heap of crap.

You're too easy league fraud. Come up with something else for a change, like how many beanies the roosters sold compared to wests tigers beanies in 2001 :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
Banned Ross agrees with Finch decision
By Iain Payten
September 17, 2004

BANNED Penrith forward Ben Ross has given his stamp of approval to the judiciary's clearance of Brett Finch to play in this year's finals.

Ross, who was outed for six matches for a grade three dangerous throw in late July, said he agreed with the NRL's decision to allow Finch to escape sanction on a similar charge.

Finch had a grade two dangerous throw on Canberra's Clinton Schifcofske downgraded on Wednesday night and will not miss any games due to an early guilty plea.

"I didn't think it was that bad so I thought it was fair enough. I am pleased for him getting off and being able to play I suppose," Ross said.

Because Penrith earned this weekend off, Ross's hopes of serving his last two weeks of suspension before a grand final were dashed.

Combined with a three-week striking penalty, Ross was suspended for nine weeks in total.

The 23-year-old prop said he was gutted with the way his season ended, and reading about Finch only brought it home further.

"People have been saying mine wasn't that much worse. There were three blokes in my tackle, and he was on his own," Ross said.

"But if the boys had to risk losing and not making it through to the grand final for me to come back, I didn't want that. If the boys win the comp then I'll be really happy for them."

Former NRL judiciary commissioner Jim Hall, who defended Ross, said although he too agreed with the outcome of the Finch case it highlighted the mis-grading of Ross's tackle.

"The one I feel sorry for is Ben Ross who got a grade four and will miss the grand final possibly, and I don't think he was even as bad as Finch. That one was just a bad decision," he said.

The exoneration of Finch prompted debate within the league community with fans divided on talkback radio yesterday.

Greg McCallum, head of the NRL match review committee, said he had no problem with his original grading being amended at the judiciary.

"We have charged 22 players with throwing tackles this season and we believed [Finch's] case was a grade two," he said.

"We are governed by precedent in our charging process, but it is done at the start of the week. We then present a prima facie case to the prosecution based on video.

"We do not hear both sides of the story, with the defence raised by a player."

McCallum said Ross's heavy sanction was entirely justified and in line with the 15 clubs' common edict to "impose deterrent penalties" on highly dangerous lifting tackles.

Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen said he was "interested" to see Finch and Bulldogs captain Steve Price let off without bans.

"All I can say is we would have loved to had a similar result last year when Petero Civoniceva and Andrew Gee were rubbed out for a few weeks in the finals," he said.

The Daily Telegraph

JJ

Immortal
melon.... said:
Ross is a big mouthed fool. Like Clinton.

yup - I have noted with great interest the stunning intellect of all Roosters players

The Mighty Panther said:
The Mighty Panther said:
The Mighty Panther said:
The Mighty Panther said:

Least he has heart.

Can't you read dimwit??

You'll be able to see that your argument, just like everything else that comes out of that septic tank you call a mouth, is nothing but a heap of crap.

You're too easy league fraud. Come up with something else for a change, like how many beanies the roosters sold compared to wests tigers beanies in 2001 :lol:

Quite a few more -- since we're Number 1 for merchandise sales. :)

Pantherjim.

Referee
melon.... said:

It's quite obvious, Melon, that you have no idea on the subject of either players. You label them as "Big Mouthed Fools" yet you yourself, display those unfortunate traits everytime you log onto this forum. I don't see Ben Ross or Joel Clinton logging on to this website everyday under a stupid alias with an even more ridiculous avatar, talking about his team as if they were the only N.R.L team that mattered. Abusing other posters who have a differing opinion on that subject with supreme ignorance and gusto. Not to mention deliberately winding up other clubs supporters with your stupid predictions about "How your boys will thrash the living sh*t out of their team!" and being made to eat your words after the game when the exact opposite happens!

"Big Mouthed Fool" describes your persona down to the very last detail!

Now run along and play dodgeball with your chums on the Eastern Distributor!

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

The Mighty Panther said:
The Mighty Panther said:
The Mighty Panther said:
The Mighty Panther said:

Least he has heart.

Can't you read dimwit??

Quite a few more -- since we're Number 1 for merchandise sales. :)

........and where's your proof to back this ridiculous statement???

choc_soldier

Coach
Pantherjim. said:
melon.... said:

It's quite obvious, Melon, that you have no idea on the subject of either players. You label them as "Big Mouthed Fools" yet you yourself, display those unfortunate traits everytime you log onto this forum. I don't see Ben Ross or Joel Clinton logging on to this website everyday under a stupid alias with an even more ridiculous avatar, talking about his team as if they were the only N.R.L team that mattered. Abusing other posters who have a differing opinion on that subject with supreme ignorance and gusto. Not to mention deliberately winding up other clubs supporters with your stupid predictions about "How your boys will thrash the living sh*t out of their team!" and being made to eat your words after the game when the exact opposite happens!

"Big Mouthed Fool" describes your persona down to the very last detail!

Now run along and play dodgeball with your chums on the Eastern Distributor!

Pantherjim.

:lol: :clap:

Leo Nay

Juniors
Ross is the real deal. Finch is a puppet. That's why Finch got nothing, because he isn't a real man.

rossy

Juniors
Pantherjim. said:
I don't see Ben Ross or Joel Clinton logging on to this website everyday under a stupid alias with an even more ridiculous avatar, talking about his team as if they were the only N.R.L team that mattered.

But we see you doing it. AND you're doing it again.

Pantherjim.

Referee
rossy said:
Pantherjim. said:
I don't see Ben Ross or Joel Clinton logging on to this website everyday under a stupid alias with an even more ridiculous avatar, talking about his team as if they were the only N.R.L team that mattered.

Where's the evidence Rossy? Show me one scrap of evidence of a post I've made in the past where I've carried on like your esteemed, d*ckhead, tosser mates Melon, Chook and Cockburn :-k and, yes... even you! #-o

In any case, as Big Mick has said.... What has that got to do with Ben Ross or Joel Clinton???

Pantherjim.
Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

*Sandy*

First Grade
Fair dinkum you gooses are all a bunch of loose cannons - nothing but big fat black balls full of dirty powder!

This is Ross' quote: "I didn't think it was that bad so I thought it was fair enough. I am pleased for him getting off and being able to play I suppose," Ross said.

And you idiot gooses are calling him:

"Big mouthed fool" Why Melon? Don't you agree with Ross? Do you think Finch should have been suspended for a match or 2? Goose! :roll:

"Ross is a dog with a big mouth and not one ounce of ability to back it up. " What RLE, so Ross is a dog for backing Finch? Goose Jnr!

Even when other players from different clubs back your own players - there are still arragant rooster fans who *think* their shit don't stink. Guess what you reek!

rossy

Juniors
Pantherjim. said:
rossy said:
Pantherjim. said:

Where's the evidence Rossy? Show me one scrap of evidence of a post I've made in the past where I've carried on like your esteemed, d*ckhead, tosser mates Melon, Chook and Cockburn :-k and, yes... even you! #-o

In any case, as Big Mick has said.... What has that got to do with Ben Ross or Joel Clinton???

Pantherjim.
Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

How's about this after you were discredited on crowd figures. In amongst a dozen or so smilies.

Pantherjim. said:
?

(Wish there was a wanking smiley)

"SNORT" Sorry Mojo what was your question? Sort of got bored reading most of your post...

Pantherjim.

Latest posts