What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Ross -> Storm

McLovin

Staff member
Ten news just reported that Ben Ross has signed with the Storm. There goes another good prop...

fatshark

Bench
Looks like Orford is gone. But like the psat 5 years they will most probably rort the cap.:x

Frenzy.

Immortal
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
Dont we even get a look in, this is becoming a joke

Well in all likelihood negotiations between Ross and the Storm have been going on since Qld went into camp for SOO I

Bellamy is part of the Qld coaching team isn't he?

no official news anywhere

herald says were still chasing

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/a...-on-future-club/2005/07/01/1119724815358.html

Meanwhile, Cronulla and Melbourne are pursuing Maroons prop Ben Ross following Penrith's decision to release him.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/around-the-games/2005/07/01/1119724815343.html

Sharks coach Stuart Raper yesterday confirmed the club's interest in signing Queensland prop Ben Ross, who has been offered a release from his Penrith contract. "We've made no secret of the fact we're looking for a big prop and he fits the bill nicely," Raper said. Cronulla's nominated 17 travelled to Brisbane yesterday, with an emergency reserve to be selected today. Brisbane had the day off, with winger Scott Minto (knee) and lock Tonie Carroll (thigh) facing fitness tests today.

imasharkie

Coach
Channel ten reported on yesterdays news that Ross had been signed by Storm. I looked at the storm forum site and they have reports from Panthers and Storm that he hasn't signed with anyone yet and supposedly Sharks had put in an offer.

LESStar58

Referee
No confirmation yet but he's coming down after Origin to inspect facilities and has already got his manager engaged in negotiations. If they show him the same respect as we showed Crocker to get him down South then you'll see Ben Ross in a Melbourne jersey in 2006!

Frenzy.

Immortal
LESStar58 said:
No confirmation yet but he's coming down after Origin to inspect facilities and has already got his manager engaged in negotiations. If they show him the same respect as we showed Crocker to get him down South then you'll see Ben Ross in a Melbourne jersey in 2006!

If the Sharks are interested I wouldn't get over confident. There is over $1 mill to spend at the Sharks and they have missed Mason and Berrigan. If money is an issue to Ross I have no doubt the Sharks can come over the top of the Storm.

Don't care if we do though.

LESStar58

Referee
2nd hand information (i.e someone heard on 2GB) tells me that Ross and Storm were at a stalemate cos Ross wanted 4 years and not 3 bt Storm are prepeared to accomodate! Crocker coming to us obviously has something to do with Ross's preference for contract length as Crocker will also be in Melby till 2009 if Ross signs!

Frenzy.

Immortal
LESStar58 said:
2nd hand information (i.e someone heard on 2GB) tells me that Ross and Storm were at a stalemate cos Ross wanted 4 years and not 3 bt Storm are prepeared to accomodate! Crocker coming to us obviously has something to do with Ross's preference for contract length as Crocker will also be in Melby till 2009 if Ross signs!

Interesting but I doubt Crocker is the trump. I'd say being in camp with Bellamy is more of an advantage to the Storm. They would of been talking for over a month now.

LESStar58

Referee
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Interesting but I doubt Crocker is the trump. I'd say being in camp with Bellamy is more of an advantage to the Storm. They would of been talking for over a month now.

I never said he was the trump but its just a bit too much of a coincidence...as for Bellamy I read somewhere that Ross had met with him before Origin started.

imasharkie

Coach
white pointer! said:
ross aint that good, but cause their is no better props around i would be happy to get him.

Your kidding pointer!!!
Ross is a SOO player and the panthers best forward this year.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
FFS we should be throwing the contract at him. We have got nothing this year(I dont mean that in a bad way to guys like Dykes and Hutch) and if next year is to go buy we will have nothing then. This is starting to look like a circus. Lets sack the board!!!

Latest posts