What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji vs Inglis this Friday - who'll win the tussle?

Benji vs Inglis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

philstorm

Juniors
Inglis or Benji - who will take the points from this fridays match?

I just cant wait to see them match up.

mattyg

Bench
Being Inglis' first game at 5/8 i think Benji has the advantage, although Benji doesn't have too much footy under his belt. I'm gonna go Benji just slightly, however i think Melbourne will win the game.

Fightin' Irish

Juniors
Benji for me.

The storm will win the match but benji will have more of an influence at second reciever than Inglis will. I'm still not sold on this move, inglis is a super footballer and a world class centre/winger/full-back. I just dont think he will give our outside backs the quality ball they recieved when Scotty Hill was in purple. That problem is doubled when you consider that at the half back position cronk is more of a runner than a creator also.

Azkatro

First Grade
Yes.. all other players will move off to the sidelines and it'll be a 1-on-1, final score 342-all with both players missing 57 tackles each.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ingliss will take a few games to settle int 5/8

undoubtedly he will do some good things because he is so talented, but a god 5/8 needs to be a team player, and thats where he will be inexperienced

mepelthwack

Juniors
Ingliss might be made to look a million dollars if the Storms pack overpowers the Tigers, as is what should happen.

Will mean nothing in terms of who is actually the superior 5/8 though.

keeney

First Grade
It's not gonna come down to the halves that much, Melbourne being superior all over the park will be the decisive thing. The Tiges tiny forward pack will most likely ensure it's pretty one sided.

smeghead

Bench
Depends on the forward clash. And who the Tigers and the Storm have marking the 5/8th of the opposition.

icewind

Juniors
legend said:
Inglis only has to fart in Marshall's direction and his shoulder will go.

its fart in his GENERAL direction :cool: only problem is, any players who can stand the force of the fart might sustain superhuman powers close to that of Inglis'. Benji of course would be knocked on the ground, his arm and shoulder laying quivering 15 metres away.

philstorm

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Robbie Farah and Brett Hodgson not good enough to help Marshall?

They are - but Inglis will have the likes of Smith, Slater, Johnson, Kaufusi, Crocker and Blair to help him out - all Representative players at the highest level.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It is a bit unfair, see Inglis will attack and defend @ 5/8, Benji will attack at 5/8 and getting hidden on the wing in defence.

That said, Inglis will show pure class in all facets of the game.

Benji will be dangerous in attack, hidden and a weakness in defence.

sheet_ed

Juniors
I think Benji will come on top as 5/8th is concerned but Inglis will not play the whole game as 5/8th - the trial games see the back-line be rearranged about 2/3rd of the way through so I hope that Benji can play wing, centre and fullback if he wants to mark Inglis.

The Storm pack is very lethal. The last game against the Broncos saw a heavier, more aggressive pack than in 2006 with a stronger wrestling technique to slow down the opposition.

If Benji runs into Crocker, Lima, White or Kafusi that shoulder will go off like a champagne cork and pop out of Olympic Park.

No one wants to see Benji hurt he is a pleasure to watch so I hope he really is prepared for crunch time.

Having said that there is quite a bit of Karma between the Storm and the Tigers over the past couple of years, i.e. stupid Storm brain explosions from Billy Slater and Danny Williams, as well as McCracken suing Stephen Kearney and Marcus Bai for the spear tackle. So expect the judiciary to see someone on Monday.

Latest posts