What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji vs Inglis this Friday - who'll win the tussle?

Benji vs Inglis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shorty

Staff member
simon says said:
I feel exactly the opposite,Ive seen plenty of big strong guys that could beat a tackle and run fast.....but Ive never seen blokes that have done some of the things that Bunji has done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2KHGHO_LP4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIS8p0pZUdk

Enjoy.
There's no question that Benji is extremely talented,but we haven't really seen Greg play 5/8 yet so comparisions are limited.
What we have seen is Greg playing wing/centre/fullback and he's excelled,which is not to say he'll excell at 5/8 but we'll just have to wait and see.

What I can see there is how Benji gets all his injuries,all that jerking around,he should be doing what Mini's doing lots of core flexibility stuff;-)

Lowdown

Juniors
Cowgirl86 said:
Um..no last time I checked,this is a forum where people are able to speak their mind.

You were the one calling this post 'stupid'

Cowgirl86 said:
Go back and jerk over various Storm articles/subjects/products.

Charming...is that your usual response when your lack of intelligence is exposed?

Shorty

Staff member
Lowdown said:
You were the one calling this post 'stupid'

Charming...is that your usual response when your lack of intelligence is exposed?
Erm no I called the comparision stupid,learn to read you would think with the size of your head:lol: you'd be able to string together an atleast remotely intelligent post.

simon says

First Grade
Funnily enough I expected this poll to be a blowout in Inlgis' favour, much like the bloke who started this thread up I'm sure.

But......Bunji's in front in a close-ish race.

Wow.

aids

Bench
i'll take that as a yes.
along with your licking lips and salavating over a list of football players and now a borderline complusion to argue with anyone re: the storm i'm pretty sure we have a celeb posting on this forum.

good news though, keep spreading the good word about league in mexico, molly

Shorty

Staff member
aids said:
i'll take that as a yes.
along with your licking lips and salavating over a list of football players and now a borderline complusion to argue with anyone re: the storm i'm pretty sure we have a celeb posting on this forum.

good news though, keep spreading the good word about league in mexico, molly
:lol:

philstorm

Juniors
simon says said:
Funnily enough I expected this poll to be a blowout in Inlgis' favour, much like the bloke who started this thread up I'm sure.

But......Bunji's in front in a close-ish race.

Wow.

Why would anyone think that? That's the whole point of starting a public poll - to get an idea of what the majority thinks - not just to hope for a one sided result. :shock:

Bench
They are both exceptional players,different type of players that any team would love to have on their books.
As for Inglis not playing 5/8th before,doesn't matter the kid is just plain good no matter where he plays.

meltiger

First Grade
Benji!

He's won a premiership ... Greg hasn't.

Though Benji didn't have to compete with a cheating ref in the GF like Inglis did :)

Hutty1986

Immortal
Noa Nandruku said:
You couldnt go wrong with either one, both young champs of the game BUT........

......In a game BASED on speed and power I'll take the bigger, stronger, faster person 9/10 (didnt do Mals career any harm being the best combo of speed and strength in the game), and if you doubt Gregs skill make sure you watch a few Strom games this year as you couldn have watched too many last year.

Hutty1986 wrote

"2 tries on debut that should have been scored by any winger.. and this is forgetting some of the bombs he dropped. His Tri Nations was fantastic but he has to prove himself consistently".

Yes that first try was so simple, I remember locky fired the ball about a foot behind him so Greg spun caught the ball in his fingertips with his back to the try-line, kept spinning, put the ball in his left hand put a fend on Mark Gasnier with his right and slammed the ball down in the corner ball. So simple Manu Vatuvai could have done it.

Also Hutty I looked up consistently in the dictionary and this is what it said "Greg Inglis in 2006: 18 tries in 12 games, 1 line break away from leading that cat. despite missing 2 months of football, top 2 metres/game, top 2 tackle busts/game, top 5 total meters/game".

So yeah Greg step it up this year you were a bit hot and cold last year.

Sure it was a great try but if you're playing SOO on the wing, you should be taking these opportunities
You have clearly misinterpreted my post, I meant Inglis needs to prove that he can consistently play well at representative level

cyberdj

Juniors
Both Inglis and Marshall were average last night in my opinion. Not enough playing the ball off to teammates from Inglis (setting them up for a line break etc). Marshall appeared to push too much for the perfect cut out pass on a couple of occassions.
IN either case a few more games should help them improve and actually make a difference in their respective teams performing well.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I thought Inglis was good in the first half but then he went missing in the second. It didn't even seem like Marshall was there all night.

Walt Flanigan said:
I thought Inglis was good in the first half but then he went missing in the second. It didn't even seem like Marshall was there all night.

the only time i noticed inglis was the first 5 mins when he almost set up that try after that he dispeared i do agree with marshall though but its too be exspected since he just got over a injury and this is hes first full game back

sheet_ed

Juniors
If you rated the pure 5/8th position - I think Benji won (just).

I do believe that Inglis for his 3rd outing was smashed about more than he expected and it caught him out. Having said that GI Joe did some fantastic attacking raids and good defence.

I believe what someone else said - judge them at the end of the season - I think this is going to be a great matchup in the semis.

Latest posts