What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji vs Inglis this Friday - who'll win the tussle?

Benji vs Inglis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balmain_Boy

I'm not sure who'll be the best this match - with Marshall coming off a long lay off. But I am confident that the only player who can stop Benji winning 5/8 of the year is Darren Lockyer.

And Benji will be better.

sheet_ed said:
Having said that there is quite a bit of Karma between the Storm and the Tigers over the past couple of years, i.e. stupid Storm brain explosions from Billy Slater and Danny Williams, as well as McCracken suing Stephen Kearney and Marcus Bai for the spear tackle. So expect the judiciary to see someone on Monday.

this is the reason i cant and refuse too go to storm games here in melbourne i dont understand what melb has against the tigers everything seems too happen too us against them :crazy:

No one wants to see Benji hurt he is a pleasure to watch so I hope he really is prepared for crunch time.

not what the papers or the storm boys are saying here benji will be ready though

If Benji runs into Crocker, Lima, White or Kafusi that shoulder will go off like a champagne cork and pop out of Olympic Park.

why sheens let lima go is just crazy some of the decsions hes made has been so bad like the signing of Graham,O'Hara and the letting go of guys like Lima,chase

smeghead

Bench
sheet_ed said:
I think Benji will come on top as 5/8th is concerned but Inglis will not play the whole game as 5/8th - the trial games see the back-line be rearranged about 2/3rd of the way through so I hope that Benji can play wing, centre and fullback if he wants to mark Inglis.

The Storm pack is very lethal. The last game against the Broncos saw a heavier, more aggressive pack than in 2006 with a stronger wrestling technique to slow down the opposition.

If Benji runs into Crocker, Lima, White or Kafusi that shoulder will go off like a champagne cork and pop out of Olympic Park.

No one wants to see Benji hurt he is a pleasure to watch so I hope he really is prepared for crunch time.

Having said that there is quite a bit of Karma between the Storm and the Tigers over the past couple of years, i.e. stupid Storm brain explosions from Billy Slater and Danny Williams, as well as McCracken suing Stephen Kearney and Marcus Bai for the spear tackle. So expect the judiciary to see someone on Monday.

This is the unknown factor. Will the play the ball area be interpreted as in 2005 or 2006 or something different again. If they want quick play the balls your heavy pack is in a bit of trouble as far as the penalty count goes

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Riddler said:
Im going to be interested in seeing how the Marshall/Morris halves combination goes.

As are all of us Tigers fans.

Morris won't be asked to do too much, just a solid kicking game, a cool head and a bit of direction. One thing he does have over Prince is excellent defence. Of course, I expect the baggers to come out after one poor game, but it will take at least 10 rounds for Morris/Marshall to develop a solid combination. They just need the basics to start with.

I'm fairly confident in our kicking game for this season as well. Whereas in previous years Prince did most of it, this year it will be shared amongst Morris, Marshall, Farah and even Hodgson. I've been told to expect Marshall to do a fair bit of kicking as well, much more than he's done in the past.

Ice777

Bench
joel caine number 1 fan said:
not what the papers or the storm boys are saying here benji will be ready though

What are the papers here saying? Are they saying they want Benji to be injured? We must be reading different papers because the ones i've saw have only said that Matt King stated he hoped his shoulder is ok because he should expect to do plenty of defence.

Is that wishing injury on him? It's nothing but a bit of gamemanship and putting a bit of doubt in Benji's mind. It's a ploy that's been used from day 1 in sport and will continue to be used in future.

As for the Inglis/Marshall matchup, i for one am just gonna sit back and watch 2 very gifted footballers do what they do best.

Lowdown

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:

Thats bs...you must be seriously naive to believe this rubbish. This is pure media beat-up, and poorly done as well. The article quoting Matt King makes it sound like he's 'promised to target Benji' which is rubbish. As Ice pointed out, his comment in the Herald Sun was far more tame than what was suggested today.

The Storm have nothing against the Tigers. In fact, Wests are winless against the Storm at Olympic Park.

A couple of incidents over 7 years and all of a sudden theres a 'thing' going on? If you choose not to go to the game, then thats a shame...you miss out, whilst we'll enjoy the show.

As for the matchup - Benji may have more experience at 5/8 - but Inglis is the more talented, and the more athletically gifted of the two. However, I hope Benji just makes it through the game. It was be devastating to see him go off with another shoulder injury - for him, his team and the NRL.

A season without Gasnier and Benji would be a bad bad blow.

i have a gut feeling the tigers might get up, i tipped them

It is silly to decide who will be a better influence in this game, i will go who will be the better player in 07, i certainly have no choice but to go for Greg Inglis

If I had to pick who would be the better influence in this game, i would think it will be dead-even, both superstar players, and i would like to see them clash upon international level, and see lockyer dropped back to fullback

both will show sincere brilliance in some point in the game, then at the end, it will be too hard to call, both are NRL "genuises"

I will poll based on who will have a better season, and it is obvious to go for Inglis, alot less injury prone, and has a better forward pack behind him

simon says

First Grade
Lowdown said:
A couple of incidents over 7 years and all of a sudden theres a 'thing' going on?.

I can guarantee you there is a thing going on......those "couple of incidents" you mentioned have not been forgotten by the Tiger fans.

McCracken's spear tackle by Keanrey and Bai that ended his career.

Danny William's king hit on O'Neil.

Slater stomping on Skandalis' head.

All three were sickening attacks on blokes that were helpless.

I can guarantee that beating the Storm rates very highly on the list,and if it was a home game for us there would be a very vocal crowd watching.

mxlegend99

Referee
simon says said:
In your opinion of course.

I would beg to differ.
Ofcourse you would. You're a Tigers supporter.

Inglis is easily the better player IMO. A star at every level he has played.

Ice777

Bench
simon says said:
I can guarantee you there is a thing going on......those "couple of incidents" you mentioned have not been forgotten by the Tiger fans.

McCracken's spear tackle by Keanrey and Bai that ended his career.

Danny William's king hit on O'Neil.

Slater stomping on Skandalis' head.

All three were sickening attacks on blokes that were helpless.

I can guarantee that beating the Storm rates very highly on the list,and if it was a home game for us there would be a very vocal crowd watching.

I can understand why Tigers supporters wouldn't look at the Storm too kindly given those incidents, but the original poster (joel caines no 1 fan) was bitching that it was actually we Storm fans that have the issue with Tigers when it's blatantly obvious it's the other way around.

mxlegend99

Referee
Thierry Henry said:
lol, what a load of wank
His one and only Origin game, he starred in with 2 tries.

Each international game he has played in, he has been equally as good. With several tries in a few games.

He can slot into any position in the backline. He can defend and run without breaking.

mxlegend99 said:
His one and only Origin game, he starred in with 2 tries.

Each international game he has played in, he has been equally as good. With several tries in a few games.

He can slot into any position in the backline. He can defend and run without breaking.

hayne scored a lot more in hes rookie season if we are going of tries scored Hayne = better than inglis :lol:

Latest posts