What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji vs Inglis this Friday - who'll win the tussle?

Benji vs Inglis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

icewind

Juniors
both are brilliant players, just wait and see how marshall will go injury wise after bulking up in the offseason.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
mxlegend99 said:
His one and only Origin game, he starred in with 2 tries.

Each international game he has played in, he has been equally as good. With several tries in a few games.

He can slot into any position in the backline. He can defend and run without breaking.

So? Benji set up an unbelievable try in his first test. He laid on one of the great tries in his first grand final. In his first (and thus far only) full season, his team won a premiership, when either side of that they were also rans.

I won't argue that Benji has been injury prone 2 of the last 3 years, but that's irrelevant in comparing the skill of the players.

mxlegend99

Referee
joel caine number 1 fan said:
hayne scored a lot more in hes rookie season if we are going of tries scored Hayne = better than inglis :lol:
The point was actually his success at rep football. Hence the "He has starred at every level" comment. And the fact he is a more versatile player.

But way too miss the point. :roll:

Thierry Henry said:
So? Benji set up an unbelievable try in his first test. He laid on one of the great tries in his first grand final. In his first (and thus far only) full season, his team won a premiership, when either side of that they were also rans.

I won't argue that Benji has been injury prone 2 of the last 3 years, but that's irrelevant in comparing the skill of the players.
It's a combination of things. Versatility. Starring at every level. Being a stronger athlete. Better defender.

Benji is a great attacking 5/8 when healthy. Don't get me wrong. Inglis is just a great player no matter where he is. This is from a non QLD, non Storm fans point of view.

simon says

First Grade
Funny,I questioned whether Inglis is more TALENTED than Bunji.

Guess it comes down to your definition of the word,but I usually associate talented with skilful players.I see Inglis as a tackle breaking runner,and therfore I would not have him in the talent category as I see it.....absolute chapion year he had just had though.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Thierry Henry said:

I don't talk injuries.

Benji is a brilliant attacker, his defence is weak though.

Inglis is a brilliant attacker and a strong defender.

As will be seen this season, he can set up stuff too, bit hard to do on the wing, he now gets his chance.

simon says

First Grade
Mr Angry said:
I don't talk injuries.

Benji is a brilliant attacker, his defence is weak though.

Guess we will see if his supposed weak defense has improved.

I rate Bunji as a defender,his body has let him down and forced him to tackle a certain way.....

But.....if he has healed I expect him to surprise many with his defense.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well I certianly hope he plays all games, he is a joy to watch.

Same with Inglis and SBW, all brilliant to watch.

tiger_nick

Bench
I voted Benji

Ask yourself this, if you has Benji and Inglis in your team, who would you have at 5/8?

We all know the answer to that.

mongoose

Coach
I think storm will win comfortably but i don't know how anyone can say Inglis is a better player, he hasn't proven himself as a playmaker yet. All he has proven is that he can bag some tries and run through gaps. Not saying he won't be a great 5/8 but Benji is a proven match winner in the position.

legend

Coach
simon says said:
I can guarantee you there is a thing going on......those "couple of incidents" you mentioned have not been forgotten by the Tiger fans.

McCracken's spear tackle by Keanrey and Bai that ended his career.

Danny William's king hit on O'Neil.

Slater stomping on Skandalis' head.

All three were sickening attacks on blokes that were helpless.

I can guarantee that beating the Storm rates very highly on the list,and if it was a home game for us there would be a very vocal crowd watching.

Helpless or hopeless?

Lowdown

Juniors
simon says said:
McCracken's spear tackle by Keanrey and Bai that ended his career.

Danny William's king hit on O'Neil.

Slater stomping on Skandalis' head.

All three were sickening attacks on blokes that were helpless.

I can guarantee that beating the Storm rates very highly on the list,and if it was a home game for us there would be a very vocal crowd watching.

McCracken helpless? I'm glad McCracken's career is over. He was a dead set mug, and one of the dirtiest players going around. Not saying he deserved it, but he almost put 30 players out of the game in his career.

O'Neil helpless? If it wasn't for the cheap shot he gave Williams in the tackle, none of this would have unfolded in the first place. Williams is guilty of landing a very lucky punch, which a number of players have thrown since, but none have landed flush like that one.

Skandalis helpless? He's twice the size of Slater! It was a split second brain snap, and I think Slater had hardly the time to think about what he was doing, and was more annoyed with Skandalis holding on to his boot in a blatant attempt to keep him from joining the attacking line.

Not sure what this has to do with Inglis v Benji though...;-)

Lowdown said:
McCracken helpless? I'm glad McCracken's career is over. He was a dead set mug, and one of the dirtiest players going around. Not saying he deserved it, but he almost put 30 players out of the game in his career.

O'Neil helpless? If it wasn't for the cheap shot he gave Williams in the tackle, none of this would have unfolded in the first place. Williams is guilty of landing a very lucky punch, which a number of players have thrown since, but none have landed flush like that one.

Skandalis helpless? He's twice the size of Slater! It was a split second brain snap, and I think Slater had hardly the time to think about what he was doing, and was more annoyed with Skandalis holding on to his boot in a blatant attempt to keep him from joining the attacking line.

Not sure what this has to do with Inglis v Benji though...;-)

first off it wasnt a cheap shot it just went a bit high every player does it how many people do u see knocked out from it?

Utey

Coach
Inglis is too good, but he won't last long at 5/8 me thinks. But I have apart of me telling me, he'll be an absolute star in that role. More hands on role, more time with the ball in his hands can only be a good thing for the Storm.

Latest posts