What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

benji!

lurker reckons we are shopping him around on the quiet and are prepared to pay some of his salary too where is all the money going?coz i cant see it, cant all be on benji!

giboz71

First Grade
So we're losing Widdop to Super League and we're offloading Benji?

Oh and Bird is coming back to us?

Does that about cover the rumours for today? Would be surprised if any are true.

BennyV

Referee
True, but Benji is the closest thing we have to a halfback at the moment. Hutchison, crook and widdop are all 5/8's. So, ima call BS on this one.

Lol. Benji is the most 5/8 out of all of them.

Crook is pure halfback. Hutcho, at this stage of his career, has the skills to be brought through as a halfback. Widdop, IMO, would be equally as comfortable at 7 as he is at 6.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Lol. Benji is the most 5/8 out of all of them.

Crook is pure halfback. Hutcho, at this stage of his career, has the skills to be brought through as a halfback. Widdop, IMO, would be equally as comfortable at 7 as he is at 6.

I didnt know about Crook, I just assumed cause he played 5/8 in the 20's and Clune was Halfback.
My point being, as we are overborn with 5/8's and Benji is showing signs of coming good as a halfback, why would we get rid of him for another 5/8?

BennyV

Referee
I didnt know about Crook, I just assumed cause he played 5/8 in the 20's and Clune was Halfback.
My point being, as we are overborn with 5/8's and Benji is showing signs of coming good as a halfback, why would we get rid of him for another 5/8?

If we got rid of Benji, I cant see Bird playing 5/8.

More likely we'd see Crook or Hutch promoted to half, and Aitken/Bird as the centre combo.

Not thay there's anything wrong with the above at all!!

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
If we got rid of Benji, I cant see Bird playing 5/8.

More likely we'd see Crook or Hutch promoted to half, and Aitken/Bird as the centre combo.

Not thay there's anything wrong with the above at all!!

Fair enough. And I dont think I'd be unhappy with that. I just have a soft spot for ol Benji. The dude is a genius and I like him in the Red V haha