What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji's fowl play

Miracle Balls

Juniors
Interesting little article in this morning's Sun-Herald. -

BENJI'S FOWL PLAY

What was WestsTigers star Benji Marshall doing commiserating with the Sydney Roosters on Mad Monday - even wearing a Rooosters cap and asking bystanders not to take photos?
Marshall has become good mates with several Roosters stars. Don't be surprised to see the Roosters make a play for him when his Tigers contract expires at the end of 2005.
.......................................................................................

I'm not going to jump to conclusions, but the thought of the Roosters sniffing around any of our youngsters sickens me. Roosters = Garbage.

innsaneink

Referee
Miracle Balls said:

BENJI'S FOWL PLAY

What was WestsTigers star Benji Marshall doing commiserating with the Sydney Roosters on Mad Monday - even wearing a Rooosters cap and asking bystanders not to take photos?
Marshall has become good mates with several Roosters stars. Don't be surprised to see the Roosters make a play for him when his Tigers contract expires at the end of 2005. .......................................................................................

I'm not going to jump to conclusions, but the thought of the Roosters sniffing around any of our youngsters sickens me. Roosters = Garbage.

See....that stupid bitch is just like berocca willson.....

Only 2 paragraphs yet she still managed a major mistake.

His contract finishes '06.

....and she calls herself a journo. :roll: pfft

Once Dead

Bench
He is best mates with Morley, so I would be very wary of this news........especially since they don't have a 5/8th anymore

Miracle Balls

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Miracle Balls said:

BENJI'S FOWL PLAY

Marshall has become good mates with several Roosters stars. Don't be surprised to see the Roosters make a play for him when his Tigers contract expires at the end of 2005. .......................................................................................

See....that stupid bitch is just like berocca willson.....

Only 2 paragraphs yet she still managed a major mistake.

His contract finishes '06.

....and she calls herself a journo. :roll: pfft

Actually mate, the most disturbing journalistic inaccuracy I found was her reference to Marshall as a "WestsTigers star". I've been supporting the team since it's inception and I'm yet to see a "star worthy" contribution by young Benji. I've seen him on the Footy Show rapping & accompanying "Lady Luck" and now I've read about him getting pissed with the Roosters on their Mad Monday.

Personally I can't stand the Bulldogs, but I've got to admire the way they nurture their young blokes. In last weeks GF broadcast they mentioned that Utai had won three lower grade premierships prior to making his first grade debut. Anasta, Thurston, Harris, Asotasi & Williams had also tasted Grand Final success in the lower grades before they tasted first grade. In contrast we throw our young blokes straight to the wolves. To tell you the truth, I don't expect a lot of Benji in the future especially with the profile he's adopted before proving anything on the football field. I hope I'm wrong, and if I am, I hope he's wearing Black, Gold & White at the time.

Up the Tigers!

TigerMo

Juniors
I've only got one thing to say to Marshall if he leaves us in the future to sign with a high profile club like the Roosters.

"Enjoy Premier League, D**khead!"

supermario

Juniors
Miracle Balls said:
but the thought of the Roosters sniffing around any of our youngsters sickens me. Roosters = Garbage.

Before you go on saying the roosters are garbage, it was benji there at mad monday, you should have seen the lenghts he went to to avoid photos with the roosters trucker hat on.

The question needs to be asked, where does his commitment lie ? Answer that before bagging the roosters.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Benji is a charactor
he reminds me of a young Matty johns, good potential, will be a more than useful first grader but wont ever be a star... eventually he will land a gig on TV

he does crack me up thou :clap:

Gus22

Juniors
Benji was on a recruitment drive.
Don't be surprised to see his good mate Morley & several other Roosters link up with Benji at Wests, when their contracts expire.

innsaneink

Referee
supermario said:
Miracle Balls said:
but the thought of the Roosters sniffing around any of our youngsters sickens me. Roosters = Garbage.

Before you go on saying the roosters are garbage, it was benji there at mad monday, you should have seen the lenghts he went to to avoid photos with the roosters trucker hat on.

The question needs to be asked, where does his commitment lie ? Answer that before bagging the roosters.

Hmmmmm....so you were there, were you?.

Saying something like...
you should have seen the lenghts he went to to avoid photos with the roosters trucker hat on.
...infers youwere there.
If so...
Why was Benji there?
What 'lengths' did he go to to prevent being photographed with a certain hat on?

I know if I didnt wanna be photographed with a hat on, a simple solution would be to just take the f**kin thing off.....hardly having to resort to any 'lengths'. :roll:

The question needs to be asked...why are you in wests forum trolling?
I think youre full of crap!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
supermario said:

Sounds like you read the papers :lol: :lol:

supermario said:

No need for that question as players drink and hang out with each other all the time, I wonder why nothing has been said about Payten being there :roll:

Perfect example is Galea and Withers go out drinking all the time, and Senter has been to at least 2 mad mondays for the Bulldogs since he has been at the Tigers but did anyone question his loyalty ?????

Ctown Boy

Juniors
Scotty Prince also drinks with some Broncos and Cowboys and Hodgo with the Eels, it means nothing, I drink with Dogs suppporters and Knights and Bronx, does that make me one of them??? NO!!!

If he was wearing a hat he was probably having a bit of fun with the fella's.. No Drama's!

Davester

Juniors
Steve Noyce said:
Hi David,
I appreciate your concerns.
It is correct to say that Benji has a few friends at the Roosters, however, he and many of our other players have friends at various Clubs.

The reality is that Benji is contracted to Wests Tigers for the next 2 seasons and he is excited about our future.
Regards,
Steve

This is an email I got in reply from Wests Tigers CEO Steve Noyce on this article. This should clear things up

supermario

Juniors
innsaneink said:
supermario said:
Miracle Balls said:

Saying something like...
you should have seen the lenghts he went to to avoid photos with the roosters trucker hat on.
...infers youwere there.
If so...
Why was Benji there?
What 'lengths' did he go to to prevent being photographed with a certain hat on?

I know if I didnt wanna be photographed with a hat on, a simple solution would be to just take the f***in thing off.....hardly having to resort to any 'lengths'. :roll:

Up to you wether you want to belive me or not, The fact that benji told people who wanted a photo not to take one of the hat should be enough. The fact i was the one taking the photo should put it beyond doubt.

he wore the hat and took it off for photos, he did not want to be seen wearing it incase photos did get to the papers.

I'm not here to troll, i just posed a point saying that before rubbishing the roosters, ask benji why he was wearing a roosters hat at the roosters mad monday.

So think i am full of crap if you will, but when you see ricko in a xxxx QLD singlet singing "i will survive" then you know you are at mad monday !

tiger_nick

Bench
supermario said:
innsaneink said:
supermario said:
Miracle Balls said:

Saying something like...
...infers youwere there.
If so...
Why was Benji there?

I know if I didnt wanna be photographed with a hat on, a simple solution would be to just take the f***in thing off.....hardly having to resort to any 'lengths'. :roll:

Up to you wether you want to belive me or not, The fact that benji told people who wanted a photo not to take one of the hat should be enough. The fact i was the one taking the photo should put it beyond doubt.

he wore the hat and took it off for photos, he did not want to be seen wearing it incase photos did get to the papers.

I'm not here to troll, i just posed a point saying that before rubbishing the roosters, ask benji why he was wearing a roosters hat at the roosters mad monday.

So think i am full of crap if you will, but when you see ricko in a xxxx QLD singlet singing "i will survive" then you know you are at mad monday !

Well post it on here then scoop

supermario

Juniors
tiger_nick said:

Like i said, i took the photo, doesn't mean it was my camera, i wasn't the only one there.

belive me if you want, but the question has to be asked of benji, why was he there with a roosters cap on, and also why was he playing touch for wests when he should have been resting his shoulder ??????

innsaneink

Referee
supermario said:
tiger_nick said:

Like i said, i took the photo, doesn't mean it was my camera, i wasn't the only one there.

belive me if you want, but the question has to be asked of benji, why was he there with a roosters cap on, and also why was he playing touch for wests when he should have been resting his shoulder ??????

Mate :roll: ...as you said, two or three times already...you were there.
Why dont YOU tell US. You seem to know everything.

tiger_nick

Bench
supermario said:
tiger_nick said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good, I don't believe you.

And he is allowed to play touch it was in his contract, I'm tryng to get him to play some games for us in summer.

Latest posts