What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennet admits his time may be up

JW

Coach
Razor said:
Thinking the same thing myself

Well I can't say that I agree with Big Pete, I would never stop supporting my team.

However, I find it a touch hypocritical for you to comment, Razor, when earlier in the year you were suggesting to a Penrith supporter that he should've completely ditched his support for the Panthers because they played in Super League.

Can't have it both ways, champ.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Big Pete said:
I heard Gillmsiter was linking himself with the Gold Coast team or so he told my dad at some golf tournament.

Also I doubt Bellamy will be back, he moved his family down to Melbourne and is doing a really good job down there.

The only option we have is Walters.

family hasnt moved down yet. his daughter and wife will be moving down towards the start of next year i think.

Pigskin

Juniors
Razor said:
Thinking the same thing myself

nahhh ... just a lot of fans Hate with a capital H that Sydneycentric fat faced, useless peice of crap Goose Gould

plenty of hatred for you two clowns though, so don't feel left out

haven't you got a cake to mix ? with your newly acquired, pristine condition, wooden spoon :lol:

Oink !

I respect Gould as a coach and the things he has achieved, and although it would be replacing one good, proven coach with another, Gould isn't the option we need. That said, we might get some support on the 9 commentary team if one of their dooseys is now coaching the Broncos.

Look at the QLD cup coaches around and a few players. Wouldn't mind seeing Alfie getting involved, and possibly Tallis. Bellamy has moved to Melbourne and has his own club down there which he is building, so I don't think taking him away from Melbourne would be good for the game, or even for the Broncos.

Next year, Bennett has to bite the bullet and take some risks with youngsters or the Broncos will be like the Aussie cricket team. Good in their time, but aged and outdone by youngsters. I also think next year its crunch time for the Broncos. They should recruit from the QLD cup some talented youngsters, because once the Gold Coast are there, it will be another competitor.

What really irritates me is every year I hear about a new young player Brisbane have signed, "Australian u/19 rep" etc etc, who could be the next big thing. Next thing I know, the season is over and they've barely played, if that. For example, of recent times Tom Learoyd (canberra), Berrick Barnes (QLD Reds), Eastwood (only played when injuries forced him into the side), Aaron Barba, etc etc.

On another point, North Queensland have now been the best Queensland side 2 years in a row, which is a tribute to Graham Murray and his risk taking. He has a team of young players who will be there for years and the Young Guns won the Qld Cup convincingly, yet Toowoomba failed to really feature in the finals.

Mr Saab

Referee
Gould is not coming to the Broncos.
His coaching days are over and is making a nice quid as a ch9 analyst.
I would love him there...but it is not happening.
Next best choice is Bellamy, but thats not 100% possible.
I dont want Walters or Langer there as head coach.

Razor

Coach
nahhh ... just a lot of fans Hate with a capital H that Sydneycentric fat faced, useless peice of crap Goose Gould

Still if you stop supporting your club just because you don't like the coach, you're not a true fan.

ozboy

Juniors
Wayne Bennett is still the man for the job.

Surely a man of his pedigree could make a few changes here and there to both the playing roster and style of play.

To me this just seems to be a ploy to take some pressure off the team for next year.

Razor

Coach
However, I find it a touch hypocritical for you to comment, Razor, when earlier in the year you were suggesting to a Penrith supporter that he should've completely ditched his support for the Panthers because they played in Super League.

Can't have it both ways, champ

Super League is totally different. Penrith did the betraying first. It's completely different. The Broncos will not be betraying the game if they sign Gould. So I'm not having it both ways. Fair enough if the Broncos form their own competition again, stop supporting them, but if you stop supporting them because you don't like the coach they sign it tells you that you're not a true supporter.

mightybears

Bench
change isn't a bad thing after 18 years, even if bennett is replaced by one of his acolyte drones like walters

Red Bear

Referee
You know what, i couldnt give a sh*t what happens to Brisbane, which coach they have or whatever. I enjoy seeing them build hopes up n then completely die at the end. Better than watching them in grand finals. They are one of the most boring sides in the comp with a stack of over rated players, a whinging over-rated coach(coach a side without 5-6 rep players sometime wayne, try your hand at Souths or anothrt team that has struggled for a while and we'll see how great a coach you are then) and a filthy barstard admin who tear the game apart when thinkgs dont go their own way and drive other teams out of existance. f**k the bronco's, lets see other teams win comps etc for a while.

Kiwi

First Grade
GoTheBears said:
You know what, i couldnt give a sh*t what happens to Brisbane, which coach they have or whatever. I enjoy seeing them build hopes up n then completely die at the end. Better than watching them in grand finals. They are one of the most boring sides in the comp with a stack of over rated players, a whinging over-rated coach(coach a side without 5-6 rep players sometime wayne, try your hand at Souths or anothrt team that has struggled for a while and we'll see how great a coach you are then) and a filthy barstard admin who tear the game apart when thinkgs dont go their own way and drive other teams out of existance. f**k the bronco's, lets see other teams win comps etc for a while.

Of course you'd love seeing them build hopes and fading at the end, it'd remind you of the North Sydney Bears days in the comp.

As for the rest :lol:, build a bridge........

Ari Gold

Bench
GoTheBears said:

i actually love watching brisbane play, they have classy players all over the park (unlike boring teams such as Canberra).

you sound extremely bitter......Still watching the 1997 semi-final hey? ;-)

Red Bear

Referee
Course im bitter :)
Seriously tho, they bore me to tears these days and have since 2000. They havent been exciting since they had Renouf. I cant stand that team and thats the way i like it :)

Mr Saab

Referee
GoTheBears said:
Course im bitter :)
Seriously tho, they bore me to tears these days and have since 2000. They havent been exciting since they had Renouf. I cant stand that team and thats the way i like it :)

go away you bitter person....in fact go and watch the 1991 semi vs the panthers. Watch Halligan kick 1/5 to cost you a GF spot.
Bears :roll: