What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announces he will depart Dragons at end of 2011

Bicey_18

Bench
We will soon see if money isnt a factor for Bennett....

Bennett could earn a potential 4.2 million a season with Newcastle

Evenflow

Bench
I don't have it with me but the headlines at the time were Sutton signed a 3 year 1 million dollar contract in 2008. 333k a year if it's even each year, maybe as much as 400k this year if it's backended.

Was that just the headline or was it a direct quote from Sutton? I'm only asking because anyone else who doesn't provide a direct quote from the source you totally dismiss it it as "paper talk" and a fabrication when it doesn't suit your argument. I take it that non quoted headline you clearly remember 3 after it happened should now be taken as gospel given it suits your agenda then?

Geez you're a f**king wanker :lol:

jonno_knights

Juniors
LOL at Bennett earning the Salary Cap.

This will just increase the talk from certain parties to increase the salary cap, or abolish it all together.

However I find it hard to believe that the papers know what Bennett will be earning when they havent gotten anything right on the subject for the last 6 months.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
If that $4.2m (potential) earnings from Tinkler is true, you can't blame Bennett for taking it.

Would there be a Coach in any sport earning more than him in Australia?

Uber

Juniors
If that $4.2m (potential) earnings from Tinkler is true, you can't blame Bennett for taking it.

Would there be a Coach in any sport earning more than him in Australia?

Don't believe there would be a higher paid coach in Australian sport.

But all this talk of how much he stands to make from going to the Knights isn't helping them, I think the longer this drags on the better the rabbitohs odds are.

Noname36

First Grade
^ The 4.2mil figure is bullsh*t. I mean it could be close to the mark, but nobody apart from the Knights and Wayne Bennett would know. The media is just talking out of its ass as usual. There's no way the Knights would tell the media that figure. After Bennett has gone on and on about how his decision won't be about money, he might decide not to go to Newcastle because he'd probably know it wouldn't be a good look if he took a deal worth 4.2mil a year after he said it wasn't about money. Newcastle wouldn't want to harm their chances by leaking that figure. So unless Bennett's leaked it (which wouldn't happen), the media are just taking a stab in the dark. They have no idea what Newcastle have offered him.

Uber

Juniors
bennett has made a decison, but will not reveal it.

He made the comment in the post match interview - would post link but post count isnt high enough :(

Dr.J

Juniors
the NRL must be the only pro sports league where the coach earns more than the top players lol

It's because there seems to be a rule that if Wayne Bennett is coach you are allowed extra salary cap space, so that a team which is already over the cap (like souths for example) would be allowed to add Darius Boyd in cap space which doesn't exist, because of the NRL rule that he gets to follow Wayne Bennett

Snappy

Coach
It's because there seems to be a rule that if Wayne Bennett is coach you are allowed extra salary cap space, so that a team which is already over the cap (like souths for example) would be allowed to add Darius Boyd in cap space which doesn't exist, because of the NRL rule that he gets to follow Wayne Bennett

There is no such rule you moron. :roll:

Latest posts