What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announces he will depart Dragons at end of 2011

_Johnsy

Referee
Chunk

I saw the episode of Australian Story. Whoever the Bennett coached side plays that weekend, his son would wear the opposition teams jumper in the week leading up to the game.

The true champion Benny is, he loved it every minute of the banter with his son that week.

BM1979

Juniors
I cant believe Parra have not got involved , if i was Parra i would be throwing in a bid last minute to reunite Kearney and have Bennett as a coaching director , Parra is very similar to the position Saints were in and Bennett and Kearney together did wonders for the Kiwis

BunniesMan

Immortal
I cant believe Parra have not got involved , if i was Parra i would be throwing in a bid last minute to reunite Kearney and have Bennett as a coaching director , Parra is very similar to the position Saints were in and Bennett and Kearney together did wonders for the Kiwis
2 problems.
The Eels, in terms of roster quality, are further away from being a premiership team than Souths/Knights. Secondly, I don't know if he's ready to stop being head coach. I could see him doing the coaching director thing in a few years as a form of semi-retirement. But for now I'd say he still wants a head coaching job and that isn't really available with Parra.

BM1979

Juniors
2 problems.
The Eels, in terms of roster quality, are further away from being a premiership team than Souths/Knights. Secondly, I don't know if he's ready to stop being head coach. I could see him doing the coaching director thing in a few years as a form of semi-retirement. But for now I'd say he still wants a head coaching job and that isn't really available with Parra.

Its probably true but if it really is for the challenge , what bigger challenge is their , first break the dragons drought and then go to Parra and help break theirs.

Im not saying Bennett would go their but if i was Parra i would be throwing the kitchen sink at him to at least tempt him

nrlnrl

First Grade
1 Inglis 6 Boyd 7 Sandow 9 Luke

We win 2 of the 3 variables. Add a much better forward pack and outside backs. As Charlie Sheen would say: Winning. And we can pay him about 5 times more.
what would Charlie Sheen say about your loss tonight ?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

I wouldnt say no to it. Bennett loves coaching though, im sure he would rather continue coaching on his own. Kearney is his own man, he can do it without Wayne.

Rusty

Juniors
Phil Rothfield has just tweeted that Bennett is signed sealed and delivered to the Knights, how much of this twit you can believe I don't know...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Rothfield and the Teles take on Bennett -

Christmas - Done deal at Souths.
march - Broncos
April - Knights.

I gues they'll get it right eventually. I'd like to see him at the Cowboys just so they don't though.

God-King Dean

Immortal
lol, & the Telegraph will be saying 'Wayne Bennett has signed with [insert team], which we revealed several months ago!'

Spanner in the works

First Grade
He'd call us trolls.

The things we could do if we were properly coached, and with Boyd instead of Sutton...

Haven't you brought a premiership quality side already? I mean seriously, it's not the players or the coach, it's the entire stinking culture at that place. You've become the new Transit Lounge, without the regular success.

Penrith should really get involved and throw whatever they have @ Wayne. His disciple and special clean outs, would do a world of good for the Panthers at the moment. He could literally turn them from a basket case to genuine contenders within a few weeks too imo..

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I'm thinking Newcastle if he wants to win a comp. I rate them this year. They have depth and are very sharp.

Souths - seriously, if he can do anything with that club he deadset walks on water. They are a rabble from top to stinking bottom.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Haven't you brought a premiership quality side already? I mean seriously, it's not the players or the coach, it's the entire stinking culture at that place. You've become the new Transit Lounge, without the regular success.
Taking out someone that is more often than not a hole in our backline (Sutton) and replacing him with a genuine star in Boyd would do heaps to improve our structure. The crazy thing is I bet Boyd has never made as much money in a year as Sutton has, and Boyd is twice the player. Sutton is our 2nd highest paid player ffs.

And if Bennett chose us. We wouldn't have a coach from a different era like we do now, and we wouldn't have a coach who is biased towards an over the hill fullback who has 1 good game every 2 months.

What other coach in the league would leave Inglis out in the centres where his success depends on the quality of the ball SUTTON of all people gets him, when he has a huge hole in a key position at FB.

If Bennett chooses us we'll have stars at the 1 and 6, which are our 2 biggest weaknesses right now, our defense will be vastly improved and we'll have multiple premierships.

Latest posts