What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett effect buoys Boyd's NRL career

petetheileet

First Grade
He is probably the most improve player in the comp over the last 2 years...i dont think he was much more than a decent young winger at the bronx

BigNormProvan

Juniors
'Didn't realize there was another thread regarding this topic. Hope I don't get my account deleted for this:sarcasm:

ps; The article was worth reading twice:cool:

Big Norm

Slackboy72

Coach
Yeah can we merge these threads. I didn't spot it for all the self indulgent group wankfests that Quigs and Coolumsharkie are having on our forum.

Mr Saab

Referee
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e-of-darius-boyd/story-e6frexnr-1225886880240

I didn't know this. Are the broncos crazy?!? They didn't want Boyd????????? Wat! :crazy::crazy::lol:

Did you watch him play 2007/8? Nothing sensational. And as someone said, we had Folau coming and we had Hunt (and now we have neither)
Plenty of clubs have let go of players...look at the Chooks...they didnt want Soward and now he is killing it.
The Dragons didnt want Brett White, and for a time he was a pretty good prop for the Storm.
The Dragons could have go cutie, but they had Hornby and he went to the Broncos and had a pretty good 6 yrs there.

Slackboy72

Coach
Did you watch him play 2007/8? Nothing sensational. And as someone said, we had Folau coming and we had Hunt (and now we have neither)
Plenty of clubs have let go of players...look at the Chooks...they didnt want Soward and now he is killing it.
The Dragons didnt want Brett White, and for a time he was a pretty good prop for the Storm.
The Dragons could have go cutie, but they had Hornby and he went to the Broncos and had a pretty good 6 yrs there.

I think you're thinking of Brett Stewart.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Offer Boyd 100 million dollars. on a serious note though..

Willow, your statement makes me uncomfortable.
It should. If anything, we should be going off of our nuts in a mad panic. I know I am.

Gasnier = every player being released. You know it makes sense.

That includes Boyd and and we'll even lose Bennett. Last I heard we'll have to sell the clubhouse as well.

SerbDragon

Coach
durka_durka_durka.jpg

Got ya.

Godz Illa

Coach
It's true, Craig Young spotted cutie and Brownie declined because we had Hornby. In hindsight it worked out ok - Hornby has gone on to become an outstanding leader, while cutie has gone on to become a AFL whore. And we picked up Darius in the process. Decent outcome

TheRev

Coach
There is a lot of truck in talent-scouting... you get talented youngsters who dont have the head to succeed at the top level, and you get ugly ducklings like Boyd, who get better under the right tutelage.

I think basically.. if we can keep Bennett, we will keep Boyd.. but I am very worried about the Gasnier signing also, but he is a superstar, and lets hope we can win a premiership in 2010 or 2011 before we end up in a gasnier sized hole.

dragondad

First Grade
The impression was given the other day that the changes to the salary cap have helped Saints. In any case, Boyd is with us until the end of 2011 so we'll have to wait and see. I'm sure that giving him an extension to his contract will be one of the enquiries made at the Red V Forum.

Godz Illa

Coach
Rumours floating around a few weeks ago suggested Saints were seeking to extend Boyd's contract to 2014

SilentAssassin

Juniors
It's true, Craig Young spotted cutie and Brownie declined because we had Hornby. In hindsight it worked out ok - Hornby has gone on to become an outstanding leader, while cutie has gone on to become a AFL whore. And we picked up Darius in the process. Decent outcome

Would of liked to see cutie in a Dragons jersey. One of my favorite non Dragon players. Like you say though, worked out good for the Dragons in the end.

saints4ever

First Grade
If Bennett stays, which is hopefully going to happen regardless of this years outcome, I think Boyd will stay.

His football has improved out of sight in these last two years, and if it wasnt for slater's link up with cameron smith i believe he would be/should be australian fullback.

IMO he is going to get better and better, and to quote the great man aka saint benny himself "the comparisons to lockyer are uncanny".

need i say more? lets hope they stop f**king around with the independent commission, actually sell the game for what its worth in the next tv deal and up the salary cap by a few hundred ks every cpl of years.

love for this guy to spend the rest of his career with us, but if its family reasons he leaves on you cant blame him for that

LazyDreamer

Bench
If Bennett stays, which is hopefully going to happen regardless of this years outcome, I think Boyd will stay.

His football has improved out of sight in these last two years, and if it wasnt for slater's link up with cameron smith i believe he would be/should be australian fullback.

IMO he is going to get better and better, and to quote the great man aka saint benny himself "the comparisons to lockyer are uncanny".

need i say more? lets hope they stop f**king around with the independent commission, actually sell the game for what its worth in the next tv deal and up the salary cap by a few hundred ks every cpl of years.

love for this guy to spend the rest of his career with us, but if its family reasons he leaves on you cant blame him for that

Spot on.

Never woulda knocked the 'family reasons', but then you look at wholesome, religious Folau: "I wanted to leave Melbourne & go to Brisbane for family reasons. And I'm happy here...hang on, what's that? $hazam! Sydney? No worries! AFL? Whatever!'Family reasons'??? LMAO! I could buy a new family with that wad!"

Latest posts