What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett lashes players after loss

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The general opinion of everyone is what makes Bennett a great coach is not so much his hands on or tactical knowledge of the game but his ability to get into the mindset of his players............In my opinion its now up to the players to get into his mindset and play for 80 mins and pay him back for the effort hes put in by turning this club around in the last 3 seasons

MattYg1

Bench
This is what its all about... he's throwing out a challenge to this team... this is what Bennett does...

he's challenging this team to get hungry again... he's 100% right that in a "slump" you dont scare 20 points in 20 minutes... we made the rabbits look like a junior rugby league team and then thought that was enough...

This is the NRL though and you cant do that against any opposition let alone a team or teams fighting for either bragging rights or a spot in the top 8...

The Manly game is proof that when we show up for 80 minutes and know its a big game we can turn it on but its disgusting to see our team have such a horrible attitude against the raiders and rabbits... we should of put 40 on both of them...

dragoncountry

Juniors
i think we will see a different team now, maybe they think they can go through the motions against teams who will not or struggle to make the 8, the tigers will bring out there best, hang in boys, we will string a few wins together at the business end and enter the finals on a roll, sit tight and hang on for the ride boys. be confident...

TheRev

First Grade
Something I forgot to mention, why is Boyd staying so high when bringing the ball out of his own in-goal? He got lucky a few times recently, but he basically let Souths push him back yesterday.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
i think we will see a different team now, maybe they think they can go through the motions against teams who will not or struggle to make the 8, the tigers will bring out there best, hang in boys, we will string a few wins together at the business end and enter the finals on a roll, sit tight and hang on for the ride boys. be confident...
Going through the motions is one thing but leaking 34 points in 45 mins after being up by 20 is call for concern......and just for the record I always hang on for the ride its the destination thats concerning me right now..

steela

Juniors
I'll tell you who had a f**king stinker... Darius Boyd.

That bloke didn't want to get tackled or something, early in the 2nd half he retrieved the ball after a kick, and instead of running it back he piss-farted about and gave it to nightingale in the run around, by the time all that took place the defence was there and nightingale couldn't escape, tackled 5 out from the line instead of 20... we're on the back foot and they smashed us, we kicked it to their 40 and in the next set they were in position to for an attacking kick which resulted in a try.

And he did it again later!!

that's a turning point, because he didn't want to do the hard stuff.

Newcastle can have him, i'm actually glad to see him go... I want players who do their best.

love my saints

Juniors
since boyd signed with newcastle iv seen a major drop in his game. he doesnt run the ball back with the same determination as before, thats a major cause for concern. his kick returns used to get us in good field position to start our sets, thats been missing lately. hope he pulls his finger out soon, cause f**k can we do with the old darius boyd right now.

hardbaby

Coach
The difference between the really good players and the great players is very little. And the difference between the really good teams and the great teams is also very little.

That "little" bit is attitude. The Dragons don't have many brilliant players. They rely heavily on working for each other to win and that's just not there at the moment. But if and when they get it back, it's a great team. Nothing much has changed.

dragoncountry

Juniors
whats with B moz, also not attacking the ball near there own line, did the same in origin, look where that got him. dropped. id rather be taking line drop outs for being overcautious there lining up in the ingoal wondering what if?

Minh

First Grade
Cometh the hour cometh the man we are the world champs and defending premiers cant wait to see that team again, I have a feeling and people might laugh but come semis time with that kind of leads we are going to blow teams out of the ball park they would be checking for the number of the bus that hit them.:cool:

Latest posts