What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett to exit, worst start to a Sunday

nrlnrl

First Grade
It MIGHT turn out to be correct, but at this stage it's just a headline. The whole article is full of ifs & maybes.... They've thrown enough names around for those clubs listed to at least be right once & then they'll puff out their chests claiming the "scoop". ie - you read it here first !

It just shows that the Sun Herald is as bad as the Tele for creating stories that have little or no fact, purely based around an attention grabbing headline. ( I know, it worked & they grabbed my attention - but let's remember that these days the papers are far more opinion based than just plain facts )

Tyler Durden

Juniors
It MIGHT turn out to be correct, but at this stage it's just a headline. The whole article is full of ifs & maybes.... They've thrown enough names around for those clubs listed to at least be right once & then they'll puff out their chests claiming the "scoop". ie - you read it here first !

It just shows that the Sun Herald is as bad as the Tele for creating stories that have little or no fact, purely based around an attention grabbing headline. ( I know, it worked & they grabbed my attention - but let's remember that these days the papers are far more opinion based than just plain facts )

Maybe, but until the Dragons sort out who the coach will be for 2012, then the constant speculation on where Benny will be cannot be good for the Dragons.

The Board needs to give Bennet a deadline to sort out if he wants to continue being the Dragons coach. If Bennet does not sign up by that stage, then this was always going to be his final year. The Board can then go about finding a the best coach available for 2012, and the sooner that they do it, the more options they will have before the other clubs snap up the best coaches.

sharkfinsoup

Juniors
Deliver another premiership Benny and you are free to go. McGuire is the best prospect, as long as Sticky is not even considered. He has screwed every job he's been at!

The Nick

Bench
Deliver another premiership Benny and you are free to go. McGuire is the best prospect, as long as Sticky is not even considered. He has screwed every job he's been at!

Michael Maguire was my PE teacher in high school and it's deadset got me beat how he's scaled such heights as a league coach. He was not the sharpest tool in the shed and was flat-out getting respect from 14yo students.

He also coached our school footy team and was sh*thouse. Just saying.

InThatNumber

Juniors
The sooner it's sorted the better. Shame you can't stop people printing mindless rumours, but until he decides one way or another this is going to keep being an annoying distraction... I thought the Choke crap was bad, but this is going to be painful if not resolved soon...

Besides if he does sign somewhere else and then he leads the Dragons to back to back premierships, can't he just do a Steve Turner and turn his back on his new contract in favour of staying put, so that he could chase the elusive hat trick? Seems all the rage these days, look at Hannant for example...

Tim Smith

Juniors
Bennett loves playing mind games with the media and the general football public, but at the same time he is starting to derail the pre season and and the focus of the players with all this will he, won't he speculation. Just decide already and let us get on with the season. For someone who dodges the limelight, he is hogging all the pre season headlines.
At least if its Souths he goes to they can't afford Boyd, not legally anyway.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Michael Maguire was my PE teacher in high school and it's deadset got me beat how he's scaled such heights as a league coach. He was not the sharpest tool in the shed and was flat-out getting respect from 14yo students.

i had ricky stuart as my PE teacher... similar thing..