What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett to exit, worst start to a Sunday

saint06

Juniors
I love the dynasty talk. But Wayne has done what he came to do. The sooner we all realise he won't be there next year, the less painful it will be when it does actually happen.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I can understand if he goes to Brisbane for a job to be with his family but IF he goes to souths it just does not make sense why he would?

He only came to Saints cause he was punted and was a Dragons fan in his youth. If you are a Dragon fan, why would you coach one of their rivals? I know it will be a challenge at Souths but winning the 1st comp ever for the Cowboys would be a better challenge imo. He won the Bronco's first one. That would be a prettyt impressive record to have as well.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'm not one to talk much but needed to say something.

I dont get what all this talk is that bennett is in search of a new challenge at souffs or knightd etc when he has stated in the past his ambition to create a dynasty at Dragons, his challenge is right in front of his noise as we speak....a potential 3rd straight minor premiership and back to back grand final wins,a world club championship etc....and saints dont even look like weakening in the next few years.

Wayne isnt getting younger and has laid the foundation at saints to dominate for many many years, even more so than what he could do at broncos or what storm could do in melbourne.....i really don't see why wayne will at his age want to start rebuilding another club all over again.

His best chance of more titles is at dragons, I've also read once how he said that as long as alex ferguson coaches united and who is 10 years older than he, that wayne has 10 years more upon fergusons retirement.

He has already achieved all in the game now its

Stay at saints continue the already started dynasty and win more premierships and pretty quickly V starting all over again with no guarantee to win anything further.....he is already in poll position.

That is all

Source?

The Nick

Bench
Let's be fair dinkum here, if Wayne Bennett had any intention of staying he probably would have signed an extension last year rather than let this turn into the pre-season circus it has inevitably become.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just don't see him staying.

Although I have my doubts about him ever going to Souths because they are a rabble. Wayne freely admits that our club was in great shape when he arrived, allowing him to get on with winning a premiership. Souths is a complete joke that will need to be cleaned out and rebuilt from the ground up. At least a 10 year project, even for a demi-God like Wayne.

RedVee

First Grade
Reasons for leaving in order of reasonyness

1: Family
2: (yet) Another challenge
3: Money
4: Gap year

You should bold family imo.
His hometown of Warwick was pretty badly hit in the floods (I think), some were suggesting that his mother still lives there. I have no idea whether that is true or not, but if it is, she'd be fairly elderly and this could come into play.

Wayne Bennett has earned the right to make his own decisions. We just have to hope that it coincides with our hopes.
Anyway, good luck to him.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
According to today's Crap Paper poll, Creeping is the most popular coach in Australia.

The back page had Bennett at around a zillion % and daylight to second.

Sorry, don't know anymore. I only saw it briefly while waiting to pay for petrol on the motorway near Logan - with a travel pie in hand while scratching my groin.

I'd never buy CP. Maybe someone with less refined tastes can offer some detail.

Last edited:

DB

First Grade
Guys I heard there is a press conference tomorrow.... :sarcasm: