What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett to the Eels - ?

The Colonel

Immortal
If we go down that road you’d assume he’d be the coach not the director. His personality is too big to take a back seat.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. It would be an interesting move. It would also allow him to not have to front the media and give him the time to spend back in Brisbane. I wouldn't be upset about it but I also don't think its likely to happen.

yy_cheng

Coach
I wouldn't be so sure of that. It would be an interesting move. It would also allow him to not have to front the media and give him the time to spend back in Brisbane. I wouldn't be upset about it but I also don't think its likely to happen.
Coach by zoom?

Drones and cameras flying everywhere in training

Setting up gameplans for ba to follow.

Advice to players and coach for them to work on

Hiring a bus for big games

Im good for that and happy then to keep ba

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If that were to happen, and I mean a very big if, then it says to me that Benny rates BA as he wouldn't be involved as a director of coaching if he thought the coach was shit.

And the chances of this happeneing ? To quote a famous phrase "not bloody likely"

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Here’s a prediction for everyone, Dolphins will start the year okay due to a nice draw but will end up struggling and Bennett hands the reigns over to Wolfe before the end of the season.

I don’t think Bennett has ever been interested in a directors role otherwise he would have just taken a job like that at the Dolphins. He will take the Kiwi role.

Cloeel

Juniors
Here’s a prediction for everyone, Dolphins will start the year okay due to a nice draw but will end up struggling and Bennett hands the reigns over to Wolfe before the end of the season.

I don’t think Bennett has ever been interested in a directors role otherwise he would have just taken a job like that at the Dolphins. He will take the Kiwi role.

Maybe at 74 his interests have changed?

The article comes across like this is Bennett putting the feelers out strategically.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I would love Wayne Bennett to come in and give us one final Premiership push with that senior core of players we have in Gutho, Reg, Jnr & Moses.

But realistically there is more chance of us jagging a comp under BA tbh then getting Bennett.

Cloeel

Juniors
Possibly but if was keen to be a director surely he would just naturally transition into that role at the Dolphins? He’s already living in QLD

Dolphins may not be willing to pay the $$$ that Parra may be ready to fork out.

Bennett may think Parra are currently far better equipped and closer to a premiership than the Dolphins as well.

It does make a lot of sense. I also doubt going off recent history that this has been leaked (if true) by the Parra camp.

JokerEel

Coach
I don't know exactly but I suspect it would put Mark o Neil out of a job.
And as far as BA goes, he's not stupid. An appointment like that would likely extend his career at the Eels so he has everything to gain from it.

But does he have the drive to do what O'Neil or Gus do? They need to do alot of wheeling and dealing I can't see Wayne doing that.