What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett

While Tinks probably has the s###s about our current form i have no doubt he believes in Wayne's vision. I doubt Wayne is worried about being turfed. Tinkler would look utterly ridiculous if he bought Benny expecting him to turn a bunch of nuffies into title contenders. I worry about Tinks short fuse though. Kneejerk reactions based on pure impatience is my only concern regarding Wayne's ongoing job security.

If Tinks is serious about this whole privatisation he has to accept Wayne may never win a title here. Guaranteed Wayne will forever change our culture to a winning one. He will more than pay for himself as his legacy is without peer. I am actually getting a little pissed at a bunch of players who let him down week in week out. He deserves them playing their hearts out.

Bennett's teams bleed for him. Our culture is rotten to the core and the boys who aren't aiming up need to accept full responsibility for what they are doing to Wayne's exceptional coaching stature. The questions being asked by him are commitment based.

Last edited:

Newynut

Juniors
Why would you bust a gut playing hard this year when the coach said last week that if we were in the 8 we would be just making up the numbers.
This year is just a training run.

Fire

First Grade
Unfortunately for Newcastle Wayne Bennett's use by date has come in the first year of a 4 year contract.

I literally laughed out loud!

Then I read the rest of your post, realised you're serious, and kept laughing!

I can't wait to see my mates at the pub this weekend and tell them there is this goose (i.e., you) on an internet forum who thinks Bennett's use-by-date has expired.

Gee mate you're funny, you're a good stick lad, you're OK, keep up the posts, please, they're f**king great lad!

Johns Magic

Referee
He said we would be making up the numbers if we snuck in playing like we currently are. Completely different meaning to what you're implying.

aqua_duck

Coach
The players have so much motivation as half their contracts are on the line but I suspect alot of them simply aren't good enough

I don't reckon it is Bennett although he must be feeling like he is up against it. I also don't reckon we have a problem that can be solved by throwing new players int the team - even though we could benefit from some changes.

We have some sort of culture "issue" where we lose the plot and lose spirit. Maybe it has to do with players being safe with a lack of depth as suggested, maybe it partly has to do with fans being our worst critics - one week all praise, the next come down on them like a ton of bricks.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The fans aren't the worst critics IMO and it's nothing like that.

All we expect is to see a team go out there and have a genuine dig. If we end up with the spoon, but it's not through a lack of effort, that's fine. Results don't shape the fans opinion, performances do.

Good point pers. I'm willing to wait till Bennett's 4 years at the club are over before I make a comment on his performance. This thread is 3 and a half years and 2 premierships too early.

Hmmmmmmmm if the Knights are still getting belted at the end of next year would you be so forgiving? :oops:

Yosh

Coach
Hmmmmmmmm if the Knights are still getting belted at the end of next year would you be so forgiving? :oops:

So your suggesting if your team was doing crap for a couple of seasons you'd jump ship? Club's don't need sh*tty supporters like you anyway.

Knights for Life~!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
*BUMP*

Not attempting to go off early here, but what's everyone's opinion of Bennett and the team now?

Personally, I think we're getting there. Gauntlet run home though.

Johns Magic

Referee
It looks like what I was hoping would happen is starting to happen. Too early to go making big statements though.

But I will say, some of our biggest contributors in this recent run have been Mason, Buderus, Cuthbertson, McKinnon, Gagai, Boyd, Roberts, Tahu and Kev. I think Bennett can take a lot of credit for all of those names in different ways. Let's hope he continues to build on what he's creating.

Jono078

Referee
Differences in the last 6 weeks have been;

Cohesion / Backline movements. Due to personnel, familiarity and confidence.
Completion Rate - would be averaging high 80s percentage wise which is where the top teams are each week.
Everyone having a dig for EIGHTY minutes. And everyone seems to know their role now.

We've beaten some big name teams in the past few weeks, yes they weren't at their best but if you said going into the 3 week run of Tigers, Sea Eagles and Warriors we would have been lucky to get 1.

I'm really excited to see us take it to the Dogs this weekend, I think it's gonna be a special game for us.

Burwood

Bench
Our current form is where I thought we'd be after 10 or so rounds. I wasn't expecting the team to click in the opening week and to perform at the level all the way through the season, but it did take us a bit longer than I was hoping.

I did always have faith in Bennett's plan, but I'll admit that by round 15 I was thinking that this year was a complete write-off. Even if we do just miss out on the 8, the last 6 weeks have been a real positive and something that we can build on for 2013.