What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett's ego out of control

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I've already told Saints if they sack Bennett I'll come and coach them.

Still waiting to hear back from them.

Charlie124

First Grade
I've never been a Bennett fan, but this thread is probably the most ridiculous thing ive read on here in six months, and ive read some of Bunniesman's posts.

Not one of those "quotes" you've got there have ever been said by Bennett (or anyone). He has, however, said to clubs that he would not talk to them while they still had a head coach, out of respect to said coach. Theres a difference between not wanting to undermine a current coach by entering into talks with the team he's coaching and demanding that he is sacked first.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
awkward.jpg

grouch

First Grade
Out of interest who had a better one?
Cronulla? When Bennett with us signed Cronulla, were gunning for the minor premiership and had added the signature of Trent Barrett who thought the Sharks were his best shot at getting a title.

stormbati

Bench
The dragons did have a sh*t roster tbh. No real halves. Hornby was a makeshift halfback, Soward was a nobody, Beau Scott was a back-rower playing centre, a lot of kids coming through and a bunch of no name forwards.
By memory, teams with better rosters would be...

Melbourne
Brisbane
Parramatta
Bulldogs
Penrith
Cowboys
Roosters
and probably a couple or few more.
Compare that to the sides Nathan Brown had.

Firey_Dragon

Coach

There are about 5 or 6 teams you could probably argue were better.

Manly, Storm, Broncos, Parramatta, Titans and even the Dogs.

At the start of 09.
We received the "injury prone" Weyman.
Jeremy Smith
Unwanted Neville Costigan
Darius Boyd

Poore was seen as a pillow.
Scott had poor hands
Soward was seen as inconsistent
Hornby wasn't considered a halfback
No real hooker other than Priddis who was over the hill
No 2nd row set in stone
Morris wasn't even a regular first grader
Sailor was over the hill
Gasnier left
Ryles left

2009 we weren't even tipped to make the 8 based on our roster, the only thing that had most people tipping us to make the finals was the Bennett factor. We had alot of talented juniors but most of them had very limited first grade exposure.

bobmar28

Bench
This thread is not worth my time but I will say Bennett may be the best coach in the history of the game.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Even if what you say is true, his coaching prowess gives him the ability to cash any cheques his ego writes.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I love how people like to claim we have all the talent now we've won the premiership. As I recall it, I spent most of last year in this forum reading how crap all our players were, and how none of them deserved to play rep football. Now it's changed to we're hogging all the talent and rorting the cap and Bennett only came here because we'd make him look good.

I love how people like to claim we have all the talent now we've won the premiership. As I recall it, I spent most of last year in this forum reading how crap all our players were, and how none of them deserved to play rep football. Now it's changed to we're hogging all the talent and rorting the cap and Bennett only came here because we'd make him look good.

Dead right.

Soward was a milkman
Weyman was soft and with an eggshell thin skull
Creagh was a fairy
Boyd can't score
Hornby not a halback
Scott a thug
Cooper past it
Priddis too slow from dummy half
Smith too injury prone

Pffft.

gronkathon

First Grade
Well in the rep arena Creagh is a fairy. Beaugenius Scott is out of his league and Coops is almost as passed it as Tim Tam.

Bennett gelled them really well to form a champion side rather than a side of champions

Crusher

Coach
Bennett has earnt the right to have as big an ego as he wants through his phenomenal record in the game. To say that whatever he touches turns to gold is an understatement. I am of teh opinion that St George would not have won the premiership had he not been their coach last year.

Wayne is also a true gentleman which you can't say about every one.

Given the chance, I'd like to see one club who wouldn't take him on as their coach.

bomberman

Juniors
Bennett hasnt shown any arogance or ego at all, he's been getting huge credit and media attention, but while all this is going on he's just gone about his business quietly as usual, as the humble man that he is.

Crusher

Coach
Bennett hasnt shown any arogance or ego at all, he's been getting huge credit and media attention, but while all this is going on he's just gone about his business quietly as usual, as the humble man that he is.

Spot on... and I wish every one else would do the same....

Latest posts