What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny Elias Ruining Tigers

I'm a journo and I have to say that appears to be a very credible story and that the smh is a very credible paper.

Elias' refusal to discuss it hardly helps his own credibility.

I know which side of the story I believe.

Matchball

Bench
Noooo.
As much as I love Benny from him playing days, I know from past business deals that the guy is a snake and a liar when money enters the picture.
He will strip the coffers.

drago brelli

Bench
'Door' Elias sure has some interesting connections. Some of the ex Balmain Tigers players have 'kicked on' in their own right, eg: 'Buttocks' Sironen (the Krispy Cream man which makes KFC look healthy) 'blocker' roach and 'Junior' Pearce. Did these ex players get a helping hand rom the great 'mentor' Alan 'The Parrot' Jones?

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Benny is an out and out crook. Received an 18 month suspension from UWS when I was there for having someone else sit an exam under his name.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Ha. Thats pretty funny. If I was at uni now I'd be turfed before orientation for plagiarism. Fmd if the net was round when I was at uni Ctrl-c Ctrl-v would have been used in every assignment

macnaz

Staff member
Massive beat up , if i put in 24 f**king million dollars id hope and expect to earn millions more on my investment , so why is he made to look sininster for that ?

joejoe

Juniors
Either way the bad business deal by the Balmain Tigers Leagues Club is having far reaching implications which now include, the destruction of the Western Suburbs Magpies.

Yet those that made this bad deal are still in power on the Wests Tigers board.

gronkathon

First Grade
The decision in regard to one State Cup team called the Wests Tigers was mooted by Sheens as far back as 2007 and only now has WT got enough clout not to be behldent financially to either original partner to push their issue.

It took a show of strength and resolve by WT to make a hard and fast stand on the State Cup side to get what it wants in the long term.

To try and put this on a financial decision made by Balmain Leagues Club is laughable. But I shouldn't be suprised. After all you are a chap who was seeking advice from constitutional lawyers on how to remove board members at Wests who do not agree with your view of the club

Karl

Juniors
I guess Ben is realizing that no good deed shall go unpunished.

He bails them out, they sink the ship again. Of course it's his fault.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
The Tigers article in the herald is being proclaimed as investigative journalism at its
best and a reason why Gina Reinhardt should not have editorial control of fairfax.
In the opinion section TWICE.

Please write a letter in 200 words or less to the opinion section that the author is
not acting as an investigative journalist, is digging for dirt out of self interest and that she
is nothing but a nimby. Make the point that if the herald is passing it off as investigative
journalism then they may as well have Gina Reinhardt with editorial control if that is
the best they can do.

It would be 20 minutes out of your day. Get it in by 1:30pm, include name, address
and telephone nos (or they can't publish). It is best to fight this where the articles
are being written. The attacks are constant. email letters@smh.com.au.

INCLUDE SOME OF YOUR OTHER STUFF, push it out to 250 words max.

Another ill informed article from Burke.

"Figures quoted in the report are wrong in many cases and many points are just overlooked completely to give the article the slant wanted.

This was always a commercial development project and, big suprise, developers get a return on their capital investment. I really dont think anybody involved went into this with a thought that anything other than this would occur.

2% interest on the debt accrued and the fact that the relocation costs involved the purchase of two new sites which are not listed as capital is a very good deal.

Simple reality is if the council had given the original proposal the go ahead there is no issue. Hell if the Council had not given assurances that a development would be approved if they club purchased surrounding properties the club would not have been in such debt in the first place.

This is a commercial arrangement in which all parties concerned have a financial gain to make upon completion. To make it out as a former Balmain player being a white knight and than turning villain is laughable"

Last edited: