What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny's Tackle

Swiftstylez

Bench
I said that Benjy looked sick from kick off but at the same time Ben Smith had no right in making that tackle regardless and the effort was MORE than spectacular given the start Marshall got on him. Potential Game-saver! Burt with the Game-winning strips and Hayne with the game-breaking plays particularly at the start of the first half.

strider

Post Whore
it looked like mannah and hindy were making fun of the way ben runs in hte rooms after the game - hehe - good stuff, helps build team spirit

Gronk

Staff member
it looked like mannah and hindy were making fun of the way ben runs in hte rooms after the game - hehe - good stuff, helps build team spirit

Haha, Hindy called him Lurch in the pressie.

Lurch.JPG

Bigfella

Coach
They were all
mimicking his running style - mannah, hindy nd maitua, all possibg themselves. It was funny

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I guess we can now put an end to all this Benny has lost his speed bullshit

strider

Post Whore
I guess we can now put an end to all this Benny has lost his speed bullshit
or we can start a benji has lost his speed discussion :lol:

the thing i found surprising is that hayne was chasing also and didn't run down benji any quicker - tho i'm not sure where hayne came from

i thought benji was going to pull away and make it about the 15m line, but ben f'n stuck at it and rounded him up - top effort! .... just glad ben didn't do a hammy :lol:

that one moment ensured we won the game - they score then and i reckon they'd lift and we'd fold like we often do

Captain BF

Juniors
This piece of play has to be added to my all time favourite moments at Parra Stadium. It was great to see the desperation of Smith, Hayne and Hindy wasn't too far behind them either. The Tigers were shot ducks from there on.

Go PARRA!!!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
It was a tackle that even on a half fit Marshall he had no right to make. It was probably even harder in the fact he had half the crowd on his back on the way down field. Great effort and one that typified the commitment they took into the game last night.

True EEL

Bench
i don't care if Benji isn't fit or suddenly can't run fast anymore according to some, but that tackle was awesome by one of our most committed players....you could tell he was just going to get him, Jarryd showed up late too

strider

Post Whore
it reminded me very much of a similar chase several years back when another gifted athlete chased down a st george opponent ... infact i think we have captured it in pictures ...

touchday-strider.jpg

;-) :lol:

eel01s

Bench
in controversal news 2nite it was reported that ben smith received a hindy rich oxygenated shot to the right buttock during the game. Ben reported that his crack grew so muscular, he was able to perform a sattler/hindy chase down and feel no ill affects.

lol

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
Are you guys old enough when Eric Snr came across field and tackled a break away player?

He not only did once but game after game after game

I said the same thing to my hubby & kids last night, when Big Ben made that tackle....so it's show you I'm OLD, but still young at heart. Brought back memories.

Kornstar

Coach
Love Benny, he is an integral part of our team on and off the field imo!

He seems to be the bridge between the old cranky bastards like Hindy and the Gen Y players like Hayne.......I remember watching Benny come through, I always liked him.......

True EEL

Bench
Love Benny, he is an integral part of our team on and off the field imo!

He seems to be the bridge between the old cranky bastards like Hindy and the Gen Y players like Hayne.......I remember watching Benny come through, I always liked him.......

qft!!!

love these comments, you're spot on with both of these points, and i always liked him too

Nikki

Coach
it reminded me very much of a similar chase several years back when another gifted athlete chased down a st george opponent ... infact i think we have captured it in pictures ...

touchday-strider.jpg

;-) :lol:

Bwahaha!! And similar to this day, I stood cheering with a tear in my eye. When I saw Ben at the club, I grabbed his hand and said "Benny Smith your awesome. Will you marry me?" hahahaha

parra pete

Referee
After the shockers he's had earlier in the year, he's not even in the same postcode as Hindy. Glad he had a good one tonight though.

Agree with you Mickydo, it must be pleasing for you Eels supporters to see a player do what Fenso does all the time..The Smith tackle was a beauty....

Latest posts