What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bert is on Struggle Street

murraymob

Coach
As a coach i dont see any way he will reach NRL.While parts of his coaching are good.His communication with officials is not good and that is a huge part of not only getting the job cut keeping it

Avenger

Immortal
Loved Kenny as a player but always thought that off field he was a bit of a dumb merkin.

Stagger eel

Staff member
As a coach i dont see any way he will reach NRL.While parts of his coaching are good.His communication with officials is not good and that is a huge part of not only getting the job cut keeping it

at very best, he would probably be an assistant but if you call a spade a spade you wouldn't have him infront of a Shane Flannagon, Stephen Kearney and Peter Sharp...

Stagger eel

Staff member

at very best, he would probably be an assistant but if you call a spade a spade you wouldn't have him infront of a Shane Flannagon, Stephen Kearney and Peter Sharp...

Hellsy

Immortal
He should focus on coaching Wenty at the moment, they are hardly the shining light of a team that Rip Taylor worked so hard on and then left for him.
I have no sympathy for Brett Kenny, there are many people in this world worse of than him. Perhaps he should go find himself another job like alot of Australia has to do to keep afloat.
Alot of your ex-teammates are working there arses off in this world Brett, maybe you should join them as coaching in NSW Cup is hardly a full-time job. Take a leaf out of your players books.
BTW - Nice to see he found some Wenty gear as opposed to showing up to games and coaching wearing Panther's gear. Loyalty is a big part of sport Brett. Learn it.

Eelogical

Referee
Kenny to 5/8. He would offer nothing less that what was thrown up for our collective digestion last night..................and he would fit under the salary cap. You go Bert, I stood and clapped like a 6 armed gorilla when you threw that dummy in '81.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
surely he could get a gig in the esl? after all kevvie walters did.

they'd pay some decent coin and if he's succesful he could make the nrl then

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kenny to 5/8. He would offer nothing less that what was thrown up for our collective digestion last night..................and he would fit under the salary cap. You go Bert, I stood and clapped like a 6 armed gorilla when you threw that dummy in '81.

I cried like an 11 year old....that's because i probably was 11 at the time..:lol:

surely he could get a gig in the esl? after all kevvie walters did.

they'd pay some decent coin and if he's succesful he could make the nrl then

he's a Wigan legend but I wouldn't even imagine that they would touch him with portfolio he carries as a coach,

Delboy

First Grade
This story is certainly deja vu, I think it gets rolled out every 2/3 years.

If Bert thinks he is the only person not earning what he did 15 years ago, then he should open his eyes. There are plenty of people who have had to change careers and expectations and dig in.

I have every sympathy but these cards have been seen before

big boppa eel

Juniors
That's a fairly obnoxious statement.
Agreed Tin Man all these people making assumptions about something they have no clue about, none of us really know anything regard Bert's personal life and i for one have not forgotten his loyalty to our club when he could have named his price at most others.

yy_cheng

Coach
Sterlo knew how to plan his life after footy. That's also probably why he won't coach until maybe he is more than financially secure.

Gronk

Staff member
Agreed Tin Man all these people making assumptions about something they have no clue about, none of us really know anything regard Bert's personal life and i for one have not forgotten his loyalty to our club when he could have named his price at most others.

These stories usually don't get written without the blessing of the protagonist, so you have wonder about his motive to air his dirty laundry. Whilst I sympathize with his predicament, it would seem that he could have achieved better emoyment conditions without going public.

sooty

Juniors

Tend to agree there maybe his loyalty should have extended to his post football employment career or careers?

oldmancraigy

Coach
No disrespect intended at all to Kenny; but surely he's at fault as much as anyone in this scenario?

You can't really make enough in your 10 years playing footy to get by for the rest of your life. Having said that, losing his wealth in his marriage breakdown, and not having a job post-football to bring the cash back in doesn't help anyone.

I would strongly disagree that any future income from the game be directed to past players. It ought to be all about the guys playing, and the onus is on THEM to invest it (or whatever) if they don't want to work post footy.

Snoochies

First Grade
I think people are reading too much into it and doubt he's actually running to the papers to sell his sympathy story. Plus the fact he's been through a divorce would kind of eat your funds up pretty quickly.