What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best and worst Space movies (inc recommendations)

bileduct

Coach
I just took it as being deliberately bad
Rich and Jay did a twitch video responding to criticism of Space Cop and said that they set out to make a low budget, tongue in cheek comedy and not an intentionally bad film.

The video doesn't seem to be available anymore, but here is a reddit thread discussing it.

I will admit that I did laugh when Space Cop brought the freight train down on the kid riding his bicycle, but that was about it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I so want to live here, the coolest pad. Would miss my tree though.

a54d4a5d5c85ec0633dd4f0acd531ca9.jpg

Zoidberg

First Grade
Although I haven't seen it in a long time, I have a memory of enjoying the last starfighter.

Might have to seek it out and see if it holds up.
My brother had Last Starfighter on VHS when we were young and we watched it occasionally. I watched it again a few years back and was amazed how well it stands up (apart from visual fx) and how good of a movie it actually is. It is a really enjoyable feel good, sci-fi movie.
I would love for a remake/sequel like Tron Legacy to be made.

mongoose

Coach
I love a good space movie... and in searching for some new ones on Amazon/Netflix etc, but many look like duds..Just watched “The Beyond”.... ohh geez.

So what are your best and worst ones. Or ones on Netflix etc you’d recommend?

Some of my best include..

Silent Running
2001 A Space Odyssey
Europa Report
Ad Astra
Moon
Interstellar
The Martian
Gravity
Arrival

Some worst

The Beyond
Event Horizon

I’m not including the real fantasy stuff like Star Wars, Aliens etc. But those about exploration, discoveries of life, psychological dramas etc (like Moon).

Cheers,
BBJF

I hated Ad Astra, so disappointing...

Event Horizon is a classic lol

Silent Knight

First Grade
I take you didn't see The Rise fo Skywalker or any of the prequels.

Ever since I walked out of the cinema after the Last Jedi ended, Star Wars has been dead to me. Total disrespect for Luke Skywalker, that purple haired freak and the patriarchy crap. Dead...and...buried.

The prequels were bad outside of ROTS. But at least they weren't pushing this bullsh*t feminist agenda. And they did have some redeemable aspects like Ewan McGregor's portrayal of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Christopher Lee's Count Dooku and Liam Neeson's Qui Gon Jinn, all of whom took their roles seriously and worked with what they had.

Matua

Bench
Ever since I walked out of the cinema after the Last Jedi ended, Star Wars has been dead to me. Total disrespect for Luke Skywalker, that purple haired freak and the patriarchy crap. Dead...and...buried.

The prequels were bad outside of ROTS. But at least they weren't pushing this bullsh*t feminist agenda. And they did have some redeemable aspects like Ewan McGregor's portrayal of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Christopher Lee's Count Dooku and Liam Neeson's Qui Gon Jinn, all of whom took their roles seriously and worked with what they had.
The prequels were so bad that they make my worst of all time list, not just my worst Star Wars. ROTS is close to the worst of that lot too and it completely bungled the Darth Vader transition.

It took the TFA to make Star Wars enjoyable again, and I like TLJ, and really don't like the recent one.

azzah72

Bench
The last Jedi was actually made better once the tripe rise of Skywalker came out.

Even if I didn't particularly like the decisions made, at least it was a well made movie that was interesting.

It wasn't boring.

ROS was boring.