What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best and worst Space movies (inc recommendations)

bileduct

Coach
Although I haven't seen it in a long time, I have a memory of enjoying the last starfighter.

Might have to seek it out and see if it holds up.
I remember they were giving away copies of this with triple packs of blank VHS tapes. I loved it at the time and watched it over and over. Not sure I want to be disappointed watching it again a few decades later...

ACTPanthers

Bench
I remember they were giving away copies of this with triple packs of blank VHS tapes. I loved it at the time and watched it over and over. Not sure I want to be disappointed watching it again a few decades later...
I'd forgotten about this movie! This was an all time favourite of mine as a kid. Watched it so much the tape snapped.

cerberus

Coach
best
district 9
2010 (just to hear helen mirren count down to zero in russian)
blade runner (original not the directors cut , the sam spade narrative made the movie)
the expanse (not a movie but a don't care)
the day the earth stood still 1951 version
forbidden planet 1956
extinction
signs

worst
farscape

In my itch to watch new space movies I found one yesterday on Netflix called Infini..

An AUSTRALIAN film with Daniel McPherson in the lead role.

Save yourselves the time people... if it was a racehorse you'd scratch it.

Styles clash

Juniors
In my itch to watch new space movies I found one yesterday on Netflix called Infini..

An AUSTRALIAN film with Daniel McPherson in the lead role.

Save yourselves the time people... if it was a racehorse you'd scratch it.

I find Metacritic essential. If a recent movie with an intriguing premise pops up and I've never heard of it the explanation is often it sucks (apparently). I'm done going in completely blind; life's too short and lots of movies aren't trying.

Last edited:
I find Metacritic essential. If a recent movie with an intriguing premise pops up and I've never heard of it the explanation is often it sucks (apparently). I'm done going in completely blind; life's too short and lots of movies aren't trying.

I agree and do this too. Usually. Yesterday I was scrolling for 20 minutes trying to select something to watch (standard for me), then looking at reviews on anything that took my interest..

In the end I took a punt and watched this without checking a review.. full-well knowing it's an Australian space movie I'd never heard of starring a bloke who I last saw playing fetch with Bouncer in Ramsay St.

Will be the last punt like that I take for a while.

hrundi99

First Grade
Ever since I walked out of the cinema after the Last Jedi ended, Star Wars has been dead to me. Total disrespect for Luke Skywalker, that purple haired freak and the patriarchy crap. Dead...and...buried.

The prequels were bad outside of ROTS. But at least they weren't pushing this bullsh*t feminist agenda. And they did have some redeemable aspects like Ewan McGregor's portrayal of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Christopher Lee's Count Dooku and Liam Neeson's Qui Gon Jinn, all of whom took their roles seriously and worked with what they had.

Calling out a supposed feminist agenda says more about you than the filmmakers.

I enjoyed Ad Astra but it felt like it could have been better.

Event Horizon is a very good sci-fi B movie.

Same with you on Ad Astra..

To me, almost as if it could have been extended even further (time wise) to add more to it. Especially when Tommy Lee Jones turns up.

Latest posts