What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best bench

black cat

Juniors
well looking at all the teams and trying not to be biased i have to say with our full team on the field we have the best bench by a mile here it is.
14-ben ross-origin
15-paul whatira-nz inter
16-frank pritchard-nz 18th will be in the team this yr
17-richard swain-top workhorse
what other teams can match a bench like that

Johns Magic

Referee
Bulldogs

14. Asotasi
15. Scott
16. SB Williams
17. Maitua/Feeney/Hughes

Broncos

14. Parker
15. Webb
16. Meyers/Stagg/Learoyd
17. Costigan

Dragons

14. Kite
15. Sims
16. Creagh
17. Withers

Any of the above

Johns Magic

Referee
Whatuira is useless on the bench really.
Luke Swain is OK, but of all the players listed, he would be my last choice.

I'd have any of the other 3 benches before the Penrith one.

By the way, where is Shane Rodney?

black cat

Juniors
mate whatira cant be to bad he's international, ross and pritchard would be two of the strongest runers about,in any other teams they would be starters.with rodney he and swain play a similar gamebut swain had the jump until injured.

Johns Magic

Referee
black cat said:
mate whatira cant be to bad he's international, ross and pritchard would be two of the strongest runers about,in any other teams they would be starters.with rodney he and swain play a similar gamebut swain had the jump until injured.

Whatuira's an international centre. He'd be little use on the bench. Plus, New Zealand is lacking in centres.

Ross and Pritchard are both good, undoubtedly.

I'm still not convinced by Swain. He tries hard, but he's just too small. I would have Rodney over him.

Blunty

Juniors
Roosters make the best bench. I remember one game their bench was........

14. Wing
15. Morley
16. Crocker
17. Flannery

This was at some stage during the year when guys like Tupou, and Cadic got promoted off the bench pre-game.

Simon

Juniors
The Dragons bench next week will have to be up there. Some awesome young players will have to be left out. It'll be made up of

Sims
Bailey
Poore
Withers
Creagh
Henderson

Four of those 6 you will find will make up the bench for the final series. I'd take that lot over any other teams bench.

JTR

Juniors
It's a toss up between the Dogs & the Roosters.

Nothing else comes close IMO

Kiwi

First Grade
I wouldn't swap a fully fit Broncos bench of

Costigan
Stagg
Parker
McGuire

For any other.

lotm

Juniors
i think the roosters bench takes it out. last season it was the panthers, but they've lost significant ground since then.

JJ

Immortal
Roosters and Dogs.

Penrith's bench was much better last year with Waterhouse and Swain there. With Swain (when fit), Ross, Rodney and Pritchard - it's pretty good though.

dice

Juniors
Blunty said:
Roosters make the best bench. I remember one game their bench was........

14. Wing
15. Morley
16. Crocker
17. Flannery

This was at some stage during the year when guys like Tupou, and Cadic got promoted off the bench pre-game.

It was the game we smashed the Panthers. Three internationals and one SOO player.. not bad. To be fair though Wing and Morley are usually in the starting line up. It just so happens that Sticky occassionally protects certain impact players when he expects a smash up derby at the start of games. You might recall he did the same thing against the Panthers in rd 20 last year.

Azkatro

First Grade
Dead heat between Dogs/Chooks/Broncs for mine. They are all out in front when it comes to expensive benches though.

OVP

Coach
Well i know you are talking about NRL club benches, but the Australian Test bench for the tri-series this year will be frightening. Imo it will be :-
Wing
Mason
Civonoceva
Price

Thats got to be one of the best benches in history i reckon.

Latest posts