What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best effort by any team this season...

JJ

Immortal
I think the effort by Newcastle on the weekend was just outstanding. To destroy a Bulldogs side who were top of the table, pretty much at full strength (albeit with a few players backing up), and played pretty well themselves, with so many players out injured etc etc etc..

Just outstanding - I doubt that they can play like that every week, but it should give the youngsters and less experienced players great confidence that they don't need the superstars to play well.

Well done Knights!

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Yep Super effort. I gave the knights no chance in hell. Cmon, No joey, Kennedy, Abraham etc.. Etc.. against a full strength Doggies outfit ??

ok if they got beat by a couple, but by 20 odd ?

fatshark

Bench
I think the whole mental thing got to the Dogs. It was only a matter of time before they got beat.

ironcross

Juniors
I agree, it was a great effort by Newcastle. I didn't think they would win, and i'm a Newcastle fan. Good on them!

MC DUI

Juniors
Great work by the Newcastle boys :clap:

I was just hoping before the game started that we wouldn't cop a belting but all the young'ns stood up and monstered the huge Bulldogs pack. :D

A great effort by the Knight and one that will really get them believing they can win games against good opposition without Johns and Kennedy.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah i was quite suprised they beat the Dogs who were inform and to beat them comfortably aswell but i suppose they would have been sore from Friday night but still credit to the Knights for the win.

miccle

Bench
The Knights, Manly and Brisbane all put on great performances against the odds over the weekend imo. All sides were up against it, and came through. I know the Raiders were missing a lot of their side as well, but for a side to put 34 points on the board without their chief playmaker, top linebreaker and try scorer, starting hooker and international prop pairing.... it was a good show indeed. Likewise for the Knights.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
fatsharks sig = nah mate we don't have the room in our cabinet for a wooden spoon, its chockablock with PREMIERSHIPS? You know? ah wait...no you wouldn't :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: There's plenty of room in the Scumshires cabinet and they have the team to match! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
IMO, after all the hype of how tough the game was going to be, I would have to say the best performance by a team this so far this year would be the Panthers against the Roosters in round 4 (I think)

KulaShaker

Juniors
Manly, Cronulla and Newcastle all were defiently surprise wins this week. Not to take away from Cronulla but it seemed to me like Melbourne treated them easy beats (as they did Souths last year, 41-14).

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
KulaShaker said:
Manly, Cronulla and Newcastle all were defiently surprise wins this week. Not to take away from Cronulla but it seemed to me like Melbourne treated them easy beats (as they did Souths last year, 41-14).

I agree, our forwards I think thought they had the bye this weekend.

I also think that many Storm supporters (like me) expected more after all the promotion the club did during the week.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Best efforts won:

*Newcastle beating Canterbury without the likes of Johns, Kennedy, Simpson and O'Davis
*Penrith against the odds, replayed the same performance in the GF against the Roosters

Best efforts lost:
*Souths put in a brave effort against last years runners up the Roosters in Round 1, really gave it everything but just couldnt match with the top side. Still a great effort
*Wests Tigers coming back to lose to Penrith 22-20 in Penrith.

Hoggy

Bench
Best win for the Storm so far was the St.George-Illawarra 34-6 win.

We systematically routed Souths 50-4 but that doesn't count as Saints are much more classy as shown by results since and the NQ win was pretty ordinary imo.

hunter69

Juniors
THE BEST EFFORT FOR A TEAM THIS YEAR SHOULD GO TO THE GOLD COAST! TRYING TO GET BACK INTO THE COMP! GO THE CHARGERS.
PS: IF THEY COME BACK THEY HAVE THE BEST MASCOT BAR NONE captain charger (GO CHARGER'S) lol lol

According to professional punters the highest rating win this year was the Roosters round 3 defeat of Canterbury. Ironically, the highest rating win last year was also the Roosters over Canterbury, in the qualifying final, which the Roosters won 28-18.

Latest posts