What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Fighters

Bazal

Post Whore
Grail said:
I've seen Hindmarsh posture a few times in games, but never throw anything that could be deemed an act of war. I reckon Cayless would be more of a danger than Hindmarsh.

Hindy relies on the fact that no one has ever seen him fight, so he can get away with just posturing on the off chance he can throw em :lol:. He knows he punches like a girl though, Guru hits harder (and that's saying something:lol:). Cayless can hit but he's too slow to be a decent fighter. I reckon the guys at Parra who you wouldn't want to mess with would be Riddell; who is not the biggest but very fiery and can throw a decent punch unlike so many footy players. The other two I wouldn't want to mess with would be Fui and (surprise) Hayne...Fui may or may not be an awesome fighter but I reckon he'd only have to land one and you'd be in trouble. And Hayne annihilated some guy in a Junior NSW match (under-19s I think), so whilst he probably wouldn't pose a threat to most big guys he can obviously throw 'em, in terms of little guy fighters

In the whole NRL I'd have to say we lack any real fighters at the moment. Another little guy who can throw them is Michael Witt, he may be a crap half but he handed Mick Crocker his arse on a plate a while ago...

Martli

Coach
Bazal said:
In the whole NRL I'd have to say we lack any real fighters at the moment. Another little guy who can throw them is Michael Witt, he may be a crap half but he handed Mick Crocker his arse on a plate a while ago...

Hahaha hope I get to see this sometime this season

McLovin

Staff member
Immortal said:
I'm not sure if I would call him a good fighter, but Michael Ennis has a dig. I remember him punching Nutley in the head about 20, 000 times in 2005.

I remember Nutley looking at him with a smile on his face afterwards...

Bazal

Post Whore
To be fair to Crocker I think he was mostly stunned that a little dude was going on with it :lol: Witty landed some good ones though

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Bring back John Fifita said:
A few of my old favourites have been mentioned.

Les Davidson (but the hit mentioned on Stevo was a bit of a cheap shot)

A lot of people have said Big Les.

There was a time I thought he was the best. I remember around the 88-89 season, you'd always see a fight every on Sunday night footy on TV, Balmain had a lot of games back then, Cronulla had a fair few.

Sironen was probably in his form then, and used to get a lot of cheap shots against him, so he'd swing back. I think one game he pillored Jonathon Docking as Docking hit him high in a tackle.

Now this is when you know someone can fight, is when they finish it before all the other players join in and you get all this interference. The Mason vs Fielden/Peacock incident last year is a prime example.

Peacock didn't land a clean blow at all on Mason, there was just so many people who had rushed in rushing all different angles and holding arms and the like, mason lost balance.

So go back to Big Les... second game for the season, Sironen squared up against Davidson.. and no one rushed into to help.. just two men unhindered....and Les just flattened him. All of Davidsons hits were flush on the face, and Sironen went down into a foetal position in about 8 seconds.

I thouth yeah, Big Les is the man !!.

Next season, Tigers vs Sharks again, and Davidson was strutting around, doing his niggle thing.. but no one would hit back at Les.

Well except Steve Roach.

I thought Davidson would clean him up too. Les tried, he just couldn't hurt him.. I think Roach just wore four to five hits, and then piled Davidson all around the face.

It did get interupted after a while, then the obligatory ref's chat and sending to the bin.

Roach had a smile on his face and no visible signs of harm, Davidson had blood comnig out of his mouth, smeared across his face and swelling aroudn the eye already.

So Roach is up there, despite hardly swinging them.

Davidson was well known as a guy who could fight, but he was well and truely outclassed by Roach.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Did Mundine ever actually get into many fights on the field?

Despite his well known family background, being a skinny little stand-off I'd have never rated him as a fearsome kinda guy in his playing days, yet I'd imagine he'd have given a whooping to just about anyone if given the chance. And as the loudmouth he was, surely he would've been a target.

Bigfella

Coach
I don't know if Fui can fight either, but judging by the coiled power in a punch which he came very close to throwing at Bryce Gibbs recently, I have no doubt at all that he could throw a phenomenal punch.

Haumono on Dan Stains was a lassic case of cleaning a bloke up quickly. And Stains had at least one martial art black belt, and shaped to throw the first punch ... and then got towelled. He must have thought he was surrounded he got punched that many times in a short time.

Thierry Henry said:
Did Mundine ever actually get into many fights on the field?

Despite his well known family background, being a skinny little stand-off I'd have never rated him as a fearsome kinda guy in his playing days, yet I'd imagine he'd have given a whooping to just about anyone if given the chance. And as the loudmouth he was, surely he would've been a target.

i mentioned one earlier - vs Jarrod McCracken

Red and Blue Knight said:
Carl Webb got his ass handed to him by Koopu - what the hell is there to argue about.
You can argue that they both threw one punch before about 3 other warrior players came in to break it up. Casey Maguire was the one who got his ass handed to him.

Mr Saab

Referee

Also vs Darren Smith (i think 1999) when he was with the dogs.
Mundine let fly and Smith didnt see them coming they were that quick.

Best 3 punch knockout was Solomon Haumono on Dan Stains in 1996 at Brookvale oval.
They had a confrontation behind the play, Stains wanted to go on with it, Solo was just holding his ground, then bang bang bang....Stains was a mess on the ground.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

I saw your post, was wondering if there were any more. How did the one with McCracken go, any blood, any knock-downs?

Charlie124

First Grade
ahahaha, that video cant possibly be the one Philips and Blue & Red Knight are talking about can it?, Koopu V Webb. The way they were talking it up i was expecting to see Koopu "give it to" Webb in some way, if thats all it was you boys are grasping at straws.

Phillips

Referee
on another note..

anyone watch the boxing tonight? former Souths man Garth Wood was fighting... although i didnt watch it

Charlie124

First Grade
Phillips said:
on another note..

anyone watch the boxing tonight? former Souths man Garth Wood was fighting... although i didnt watch it

:lol: :lol: i thought as much.

nice sidestep.